• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Black!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
Years
Hello everyone!

This is my first LP, and what an LP it'll be! We'll be exploring a land filled with robots, power rangers, Death Note characters and much, much more! And I'm not even kidding.

That's right, we're playing Pokémon Black!

Notes:
-The first few updates will have a very, very bland bottom screen. Deal with it for now, it'll get stuff later.
-I'm using an English patch to make it easier for you guys to follow along. I know basic Japanese (studied it for a year at university) so I'm able to work things out, but I doubt all of you are that gifted. Please do NOT ask me where to get this patch, as I doubt it's legal to link to it here. <_<

Right! First update! This update contains 64 images, to get you all going. Unfortunately, it's just the first few minutes of the game, which are heavily text-based. Yeah! This'll be awesome!

UPDATE 1:
Spoiler:

UPDATE 2 HERE

UPDATE 3 HERE

UPDATE 4 HERE

UPDATE 5 HERE

UPDATE 6 HERE

UPDATE 7 HERE

NAMING THREAD HERE

Note: This Let's Play can also be viewed at the Let's Play Repository.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
A pretty decent start for an LP, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it. And I choose Mijumaru and name him Stubs, just look at how stubby those arms are.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2016
On the right, probably the most attractive female main character in the series

Need I remind you of May? xP
But nice start. Can't wait to read more of it :D

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
Years
Hurray, Yuoaman's seal of approval, we're off to a good start. I'll try to resist the obvious Baro jokes when I can. I called Araragi a witch... That wasn't easy.

Thanks for all the good feedback guys. I'll probably update this later today when I'm done with class for the week.
By the way, keep in mind that there's a 5-character limit in the Japanese version, so all nicknames will have to be that short.
Also, I'm hoping the rest of the LP will be better than this first update... It really isn't easy coming up with stuff to say for the introduction x_X

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
Years
Nice LP, I like it a lot. Anyway take mijumaru since it's the only decent water type (I noticed, too) and name it mustache (*cough*final evo*cough*). Don't take tsutarja: smugleaf doesn't fit in the 4 slots that the game lends you...oh even mustache, now that I think of it...:'(

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Great LP! It's the first V.gen LP, right?!
Well you've got it on the right track!
Funny and not abnoctious!
I'd go with Tsutarja, but it's up to you!
Just keep it entertaining as it is so far!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Tsutaja, and name it Jimi.

I like this LP so far- "English or Kanji?" o___O
Many happy future updates to you!

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
Years
Huzzah, update. Time to finish off the introduction stuff.
Note that from here on out, a lot of text is still in Japanese. I won't be showing most of that, but I'll try to explain (or make up) what they were talking about.

Spoiler:

I'll be putting up a naming thread on the Let's Play Group tomorrow or something.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
XD Great start to the pokemon Black Walkthrough! I really enjoyed it

Four turns of Tackle spam later
XD

Planning to do a White Video Let's PLay but I really want to see what's install for yours!

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
Years
Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it. Glad you're all enjoying it.
I'm gonna head to bed soon, and then work my way up to my first catch in the morning, so I can put up a naming thread. But I'm wondering - Should I try to catch everything, or only what I happen to run into? Keep in mind Pokémon B/W don't introduce all that many wild Pokémon per route, and there's no Safari Zone or anything I'd get stuck in for hours if I wanted to catch everything. The most new Pokémon introduced in a single place is 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back