• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite type and why?

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Fire type. Because it beats many other types and fire type pokemon are usually much cooler in design than others. They also tend to get higher special attack than other elemental trio types.

Years
Mine would have to be Dragon types^^
1) Love Dragons in general
2) their attacks are powerful and awesome
3) The first pokemon I thought was just so awesome was Charizard, I know not a dragon type but looks like one and then I learned about real dragon types as generations passed and I just love all of them

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Though Dragon and Psychic are close to my heart, I have to say that Fire type Pokémon will hold the reigns of my favorite. The mains reasons are that a lot of Pokémon I love and have used throughout the games are within this category, and there are some pretty awesome fire type moves available like Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire in combination with Sunny Day. They do have their difficulties and sometimes I can't stand them for it, but I love them nonetheless.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2013
I'd say my favorite is fire. I seem to like the art style of the fire monsters. I guess I have always related fire with power. Every time I start a new pokemon game I always pick the fire starter.

Blueball Blitz

Queen of Everything
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Poison-Type, because:
-Haunter carried me through my first Elite 4 because of his annoying poisonings.
-Poison's cannot get poisoned.
-Most poison types have counters towards their weaknesses.
-Most Poisons are pretty quick.
-Gengar is awesome.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Hmm...flying, fire, dragon, ghost types...I love those, and more. I can't really choose a favorite, because I love so many...

However, I will explain my reasons for these types.
Fire: My very first Pokemon was Infernape, a fire type. Fire types usually have great designs, and represent the fire in my spirit.

Flying: Almost all of them have a natural beauty about them, and usually excel in speed and attack, two of my favorite stats, besides special attack.

Ghost: They are very mysterious, and have surprising abilities. Not only that, many of them have a wicked design, and just generally cool.

Dragon: Perhaps the strongest type, possessing phenomenal stats, and have a mystic feel to them, especially Altaria and Dragonair...and because they are just boss in general. XD

Utzipher

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
The water type appeals to me more, possibly because my personal element is water, as well (horoscope is Pisces). It may be the most common, but it's definitely one of the most underestimated.

Years
Normal all the way. The Learnsets are huge, with all sorts of moves of all types, Normal Pokemon have no type strengths, but few weaknesses, & a lot Pokemon with uniqe builds & abilities are Normal types, eg Kecleon, Castform, Porygon & evolutions, Blissey & its line, Slaking, Regigigas. But also because to someone who's favourite colour is white, their easy on the eyes.

Psychic would be my second, for much the same reasons.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Dark because I always loved Umbreon and Houndoom. Psychic is a close second because of Espeon being my other favourite along with Umbreon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
From seeing and answering this question a few times now, I've about come to the conclusion that Grass is my favorite type. I honestly don't know why - I just like Grass types.

Years
My honorary top 5 are dark, fighting, flying, ice and bug but my absolute favourite is... fire :D Most of my favourites are that type and I just love the thought of a pokémon unleashing a flamethrower on someone lol xD

Years
Water-types, cos they are handy and most have appealing designs.

Not to mention my fave evolution line is Water-type too.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm known to chop and change, but I think it's safe to say, that my favourites are Rock/Dark/Steel types. Some of my most favourite of Pokemon share one or two of these attributes, so... it's only natural I like their typing. (Larvitar, Kabutops, Shuckle = Rock | Liepard, Tyranitar = Dark | Forretress, Steelix, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Skarmory = Steel.) Although I do have a few favourite Pokemon outside these types such as Jellicent and Exeggcutor, so I suppose I like a quite a few.

If I really had to narrow it down to one or two, I'd say Rock and Dark types are my favourites.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hmm..tough choice to make. I would choose water, fire, electric, dragon, steel, dark, psychic....oh no, that's too much. I have a whole lot of favourites... I'm not very good at making choices >< Urkk..OKAY. I'll choose one, and that would be.....FIRE.

The fire-type is known to be powerfully and fiercely elegant, and this can be seen in both the Pokemon and their moves. Take a look at Rapidash, Arcanine and Ninetails for example. They all can be depicted as what I've described above. Don't y'all agree? <3 I will always leave a spot on any of my teams for a precious fire-type.

Back