• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monthly Reviewing Challenge

Bay

Years
I have finished five reviews and await approval from a Moderator.

Skimmed through your chapters and everything looks good! I don't have stable internet at the moment and will need to leave in a bit, so you should get your emblem within a couple days or so!

Bay

Years
Just a comment to say I've finished five reviews :)

Checked your reviews real quick and everything looks fine! You shall get an emblem shortly.

My second batch of five reviews is finished. I don't know what this would entail, so I leave that up to the moderators of this thread.

Unfortunately you only get an emblem a month for completing the challenge. I still think it's great you're still doing reviews even after finishing the first five! I want to apologize for not giving you your emblem yet, as I mentioned in the Writing Blitz thread been busy moving and not having internet hooked up in my place yet (pretty much been using my phone/mobile hotspot to check PC). I plan to try to get internet this week, so hopefully soon!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I want to apologize for not giving you your emblem yet, as I mentioned in the Writing Blitz thread been busy moving and not having internet hooked up in my place yet (pretty much been using my phone/mobile hotspot to check PC). I plan to try to get internet this week, so hopefully soon!
I'll get the emblems handed out for you, Bay! Don't worry about it!

Vragon

How long does the story have to be/review have to be for it to count?
In other words, how much of a Review is required. Because I've done a few, but I'm not sure they would count.

Bay

Years
Wow, I thought this review challenge died down, lol.

Onto your concern what counts a review/how long it should be, to be honest the minimum is a couple sentences and as long as it mentions something from the story. Like, "I love the conversation between x and y over z [then proceeds why]. You have a knack for dialogue" would count. If you have posted the links to your reviews here, then they would count. As for stories, it can be a one shot to a review of one chapter/several chapters. As long as it's a review, any story counts.

Since I'm here, does anyone want me to bring back the Monthly Reviewing Challenge? And if so, you guys still up for emblems or some other prize/incentive? I can do a new version/thread of this in June/July if there's any interest again and if we figure out how to keep this moving again.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Since I'm here, does anyone want me to bring back the Monthly Reviewing Challenge? And if so, you guys still up for emblems or some other prize/incentive? I can do a new version/thread of this in June/July if there's any interest again and if we figure out how to keep this moving again.
Poking you to say that I'm at least interested in a reviewing challenge. I'd like to keep my mind occupied in August, and reading other people's fics here will help with that. Plus August might be a little better month for everyone else. (July seems like a busier month than August, at least in my area.)

I don't know what could be offered for a prize, since I don't know how the emblem system works anymore. Or even what else could be offered. But we can definitely help you brainstorm, Bay!

Bay

Years
I talked about how to bring in some activity feedback wise to some folks, and one of the things I've been thinking is try out something similar to Serebii's Review Leaderboard. Basically you get points for reviewing (extra points if you review longer chaptered fics), and whoever gets the most points wins for the month. If we were to do this, I'm thinking one of the prizes will be the winner gets an interview on Daily for the extra exposure. Otherwise, I'm up for other prize ideas.

If anyone here is still following, some thoughts on trying this experiment out?

Back