• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

So you can save between files like lost world? Cool now its getting better.

That wouldn't work, because we don't use the same save system, but technically if we did then yes you could.

But I was actually thinking more along the lines of trading In a forum I set up, or sending opening some sort of way to swap the trade files.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I think it would be kinda obvious in a game with a trading function to include Pokemon that evolve through trading.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
OS howwould you trade pokemon? Like trade through file computers or online I am confused.

Well, he could simply make a server so people could trade online. He could include friend codes that way....

But, you should wait to see what Waudby has to say, I'm only speculating x3

Waudby

Let me explain the trading system a bit more thoroughly:

1. First of all, you select the trade option in game.
2. The person behind the counter then explains where to find the file whihc has been created, (i.e: the Save/Trade directory)
3.You can then upload that file or send it via IM and exchange it for another pokemon.
4.Then put the received file into your Save/Trade directory.
5. Then when you next go into the Pokémon Center, speak to the person behind the counter again and if there's a new Pokémon waiting to be imported it will tell you.

The way it knows if you need to import a pokemon is by one of the settings in the file being called, "ready?", if ready equals true then when you next speak to the person it finds out if "ready?" is set to true. If it is then the pokemon is imported if not then it won't be.

"ready?" is then set to false to stop multiple importing.

Waudby

Ok thanx I am bit confused but thanx. I understand algorithms cause we jsut got into it.

It shouldn't be that confusing. In the simplest form, it just involves swapping a file with a friend and then putting that file into ur game and selecting yes in a menu.

That's all the player will see.

Last edited:

Waudby

Ok simple enoguh can you do that with your own files?

What do you mean, your own files?

if you mean save files, I think it should be possible to play on another pc with them aslong as all the files are there, I can't see why it would cause an error.

If you don't mean save files, i'm not sure what you mean :S

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You could still cheat, either by copying the file, and importing it twice, or copying your save file, and making two files of the same Pokémon.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
This is pretty good, Waudby! I just noticed this in the Games Showcase, since I don't come over here so often, but I'm very impressed! Having Kyledove's graphics add a new look to the game, even though it doesn't quite look so good with the indoor tiles and the hero.

At first, I thought my eyes were messed up when I saw the really dark screenshots, but I was wrong. This is a very good game, and I hope that you keep up the good work. Good Gaming! xD

Waudby

You could still cheat, either by copying the file, and importing it twice, or copying your save file, and making two files of the same Pokémon.

I did think about that already and thats why each file is going to have a code attached to it, and when you import it into the game, it adds that code into an array, and when importing files it check the code against any codes already in the array.

If the code is in there, it will bring up an error telling the player that they have already used that file :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I did think about that already and thats why each file is going to have a code attached to it, and when you import it into the game, it adds that code into an array, and when importing files it check the code against any codes already in the array.

If the code is in there, it will bring up an error telling the player that they have already used that file :)

Well, it seems as though you have trading pretty much figured out x3

Can't wait to see the next update!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Doesn't stop a player from copying their save file and making two different files of the same Pokémon...

I've got a similar system in my own game. The only thing I could come up with to solve this was to have the game connect to a server, create the file, and make the server record how many times you've made a trade file.

Then, if you tried to do it again with a copy of the save, the number wouldn't match, and it would stop you from making it.

The only problem with this is that I don't know how to code a server that can do that :S

Waudby

My system will stop people from copying the traded pokemon so they can have two of the same, as like I said;

1. Chooses the pokemon to trade.
2.Creates Pokemon file + id code.
3.Player imports pokemon;

if the id code hasn't been used, add it to the list of codes.
if the id code has been used, tell the player they cannot import.

And people can't just hack into their files as the aren't saved as text files anymore, they are .dot raw files. so that when the user opens the file in a text editor.

All that he will see if random jargon which cannot be decyphered.

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2009
I'm going to add in the time played as well as soon as I have finished off the scripting for it.

Don't bother coding your own, just grab the one in the Systems Scripts folder called "clock.js". Works really well.

Waudby

I have just coded into the battle system, weaknesses and resistance. I have also added in most of the stats increases and decreases. The only extra i have to add to the battle damage is the bonus you get for you using the same type attack as your pokemon.

Then other than coding in the enemy A.I mostly graphically work is left, and then the status changes etc.

so all in all, it's getting done.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Sounds like this game is progressing very well. This was a good choice of program because most people use RPG Maker XP, and this proves that you can code everything yourself. I'll keep a sharp eye for this. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back