• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Get-Together Pixel Art Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Pertaining to the other aspect of my DQ, I honestly did those from memory. It took me forever, but I did. That first link would have actually helped quite a bit if I was looking for sprites. In all seriousness though, I don't see how that second one would help really.

Considering the similarities, would I have time to redo them in a more original manner?
I highly doubt you could scratch sprite that from memory
But you can redo your entry if it was disqualified As long as you sprite the whole thing yourself~

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
Years
I highly doubt you could scratch sprite that from memory
But you can redo your entry if it was disqualified As long as you sprite the whole thing yourself~

Are you saying Mario Bros. Mario and Luigi are hard to sprite without looking?

sigpic137355_15.gif

I took a closer look at that sprite sheet you gave me. Neither of mine match up with their's pixel for pixel. (I think it would be a fairly easy thing to get perfect if copying)
A fair amount of my colors are different as well. The most drastic difference would be the color/color styling on Luigi.

As for another entry, I will certainly attempt one.
~I don't know how to alter my memories though~

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
They look like you just minorly altered them, but please just try a different entry and dont try to duplicate a sprite
scratch a sprite that you came up with and enter again

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
Years
They look like you just minorly altered them, but please just try a different entry and dont try to duplicate a sprite
scratch a sprite that you came up with and enter again

I sincerely apologize for my near photographic memory.

Well a replacement is underway. I can use the tree though right? I like how that fits into the whole thing; I looked and I cant find a sprite similar to mine. (not counting how all other tree sprites are trees as well.)

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
I sincerely apologize for my near photographic memory.

Well a replacement is underway. I can use the tree though right? I like how that fits into the whole thing; I looked and I cant find a sprite similar to mine. (not counting how all other tree sprites are trees as well.)
Everything needs to be scratched by you The tree seems to be copied so no not really
Please PM next time if you have a question

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
I guess i'll be entering for the fall theme :B

leaf.png

Supposed to be an Autumn Leafeon,
i hope its okai

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
Years
sigpic137355_17.gif

Okay I'm not entirely sure if this counts, but I went with the part of the PC theme that involves friends.
It's supposed to be a conversation between me and my friend sasquatchd00d.
Uh I have Quilava's Glaciation as my style or whatever it's called if that helps you see it.

ha ha I hope this counts, it took a long time. :cer_eek:

EDIT: touched up a few things

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Ok is this it?????????? Because I just used squares
Yeah... No this isnt pixel art this isnt even relevent to the theme its digital art
DISQUALIFIED

hey, im wokring on mine now. its gonig to be horrible x3

but, dont worry, i know what pixel art is. though i was thinking of mixing PC and Fall, if thats alright, you can choose what to judge on. Now, just a quick question, i can add sprites to this picture right? i have the perfect idea. for some reason, Ho-Oh Reminds me of fall! x3 maybe its because of its new HG/SS cutscenes where it flies aronud, and it looks all autumny.

well, here it is. its so horrible x3 but it was just for fun, to pass time ;D

Ho-oh.gif

gah, i just noticed, it may not be pixel art. i fail so badly T_T
Well I know you didnt scratch the ho oh sprite so....
DISQUALIFIED

Yeah I forgot to DQ these XD

Rabid Ditto3 8

Migrating Coconut
Years
Alright i am utterly confused about the difference between digital and pixel art. The only difference i see in Spherical Ice's two pictures is that the "Pixel" Pikachu is much smaller than the "Digital" Pikachu. Loads of people are being DQ'd, so can we get like an example of two same-sized pictures (one digital, one pixel) to demostrate the difference as oppose to a definition on Wikipedia? It's already over now probably so it's not a huge deal, but...

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
It's a little annoying that people are entering for things they don't know about... The reason why you're not getting an example with the same size, rabid Ditto, is because you'd rarely see that.

You people aren't getting this! Haven't you heard of pixel art before?! READ THIS ALL DOWN. DON'T SKIP A WORD! Seriously:

Pixel art is a form of digital art, so it's made on a computer. BUT, you cannot use any fancy tools like the blur tool, or photoshop filters, etc... Really, all you're allowed to use is the pencil tool and the bucket tool, like paint.
So, you work on it pixel by pixel, literally. You zoom in like crazy, and click/drag little dots in certain ruling to make a picture.
It's not easy, so you won't come close to getting it the first try. I had to learn it from a basic tutorial, and I learn from there. Look:

358nxxw.png

Look at the so-called pile of leaves. Because I can't use the blur tool to smoothen the shading, I used a technique called dithering to add depth and roughness. It's checkered-like specks that create a slight illusion that sort of makes the shade look like it's been blurred. That's the closest you can get to the blur tool, I think.

So, that all falls to this:
  • NO Blurring Tools
  • NO Paintbrush(or other tools that automatically smoothen lines)
  • MUST be worked on PIXEL BY PIXEL under pixel art rules...
Do you all get it now? I'm really tired of people being disqualified.... -.-" Everyone should really try making sure you know what your entering for before you enter. I really didn't want to give a long explaination, and I'm sorry to the hosts if this is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back