• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Does anyone know how to assign a battle music to a trainer class?(i need it in order to modify regular trainer battles)
The one im using so far has been with a special, but it needs a flag to disappear the event with the script, if not it will continue.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
i got a question

Ok, I'm going to make a kinda half-assed pokemon game for my friend, I don't know how to hack well, i only know how to use some programs.

Can someone tell me like the basic things i NEED to know how to hack? Possibly link to some topics as well? thanks

Also, I want to know if there is any way to get diamond attack sprites such as lucario's aura sphere into a fire red/emerald rom? Or How to edit pokemon attack sprites?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
check the documents,and tutoral section.
4 things you will defently need for a good hack.
scripting
mapping
storyline
sprites(more on the optional side)

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Does anyone happen to know the number for the oak intro background in FR for unLZ?
I've found several images that look like it but I want to be sure of which is which.

DawnRyder

I cannot believe I'm back -.-
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2011
Does anyone happen to know the number for the oak intro background in FR for unLZ?
I've found several images that look like it but I want to be sure of which is which.
I don't think there is a background (but I could be wrong). I think it is just a bunch of colors from a palette.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
no I think its a tile map because have you seen light platinum they did it

Yeah, I definitely know it can be changed. I've seen it done on numerous occasions.
I figured that would have been the actual way to do it, just searching through unLZ i saw various similar gradients and thought that they were the background to the intro.

I'll see what I can do. Thanks guys.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Guys, I have a glitch that occurs everytime I ask that guy that wants to trade a Pokemon:
glitch12.png

I press Yes, but because I don't have a Magnemite, there should have been a textbox saying that that is not Magnemite. But instead, this happens:
glitch1.png

And yes, the Movement is set to 11.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Guys, I have a glitch that occurs everytime I ask that guy that wants to trade a Pokemon:
glitch12.png

I press Yes, but because I don't have a Magnemite, there should have been a textbox saying that that is not Magnemite. But instead, this happens:
glitch1.png

And yes, the Movement is set to 11.
Does that glitch happen only to the specific NPC or just anyone who wants to trade and you don't have the required pokemon? Because if that also happened to NPCs with the original script then there has to be something with the ROM base...

Also, you can help us help you if you post the script, even though there's a separate thread for that...

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Does that glitch happen only to the specific NPC or just anyone who wants to trade and you don't have the required pokemon? Because if that also happened to NPCs with the original script then there has to be something with the ROM base...

Also, you can help us help you if you post the script, even though there's a separate thread for that...
So far just a specific NPC.
It's not a custom script, I just modified the text from the guy that trades you a Mr. Mime. Here's the script:
Spoiler:

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
can i edit the items value? for example, i want "red orb" to evolve feebas... or something like this, some tool... or tut?

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
mmm... ok, some tut to edit items with ASM? i want to add more stones to evolve some pokemons

NatureKeeper

can i edit the items value? for example, i want "red orb" to evolve feebas... or something like this, some tool... or tut?

Why ASM?

You only need Item Editor+.

Follow my instructions.

Apparently, you need ASM. My old method freezes the game~

It involves changing feebas to evolve by item and copying the field value of an evolution stone to the item you want to use.

I still dunno how to make it stable.

Last edited:

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
Is there a command in XSE that allows you to teach a Pokemon a move, like with the move tutors in Firered and Leafgreen? I looked in a few tutorials, and didn't find much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back