• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Apparently meowth cant learn pay day because of the effort he used learning to speak and walk like a human. Meowth is my favourite pokemon in the anime, much better than pikachu.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
But Pokemon can already understand humans, so why do humans need to change their speech? It's Pokemon that do :(
I didn't say that humans need to change their speech. I never said anything about that. It was supposed to be a joke that everything in the Pokemon world future is not the same as the present. But we never know...

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
did you know that there is enough Pokémon cries out there to make almost 10 minutes of audio? I used a program that combines multiple wav files into one. combined all the cries of all Pokémon to date... the result: 9 Minutes and 46 seconds!!!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Apparently meowth cant learn pay day because of the effort he used learning to speak and walk like a human. Meowth is my favourite pokemon in the anime, much better than pikachu.
Wobbuffet>Both

did you know that there is enough Pokémon cries out there to make almost 10 minutes of audio? I used a program that combines multiple wav files into one. combined all the cries of all Pokémon to date... the result: 9 Minutes and 46 seconds!!!
You sure have a lot of time on your hands there...

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Very informative.

Well there are some gameplay things that can't be ported exactly in the anime, you know... and that's natural. They'd disrupt the flow, and in this case, J&J's money bust routine xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I like to keep the anime and games separate because the anime is really annoying. And I'd much rather have my Meowth know Pay Day and be able to evolve; that move is an awesome moneymaker in game... I had enough money in Leaf Green to actually buy the coins needed for Ice Beam when I first got to Celadon.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I like to keep the anime and games separate because the anime is really annoying. And I'd much rather have my Meowth know Pay Day and be able to evolve; that move is an awesome moneymaker in game... I had enough money in Leaf Green to actually buy the coins needed for Ice Beam when I first got to Celadon.

I know what you mean, I used it all the time in Red to get money so I didn't have to keep battling the Elite 4. I'm so glad it was a TM in that game.

Years
I know what you mean, I used it all the time in Red to get money so I didn't have to keep battling the Elite 4. I'm so glad it was a TM in that game.
I second the notion~!! :D The Meowth line was my favourite feline Pokemon family. I didn't really like the rest, maybe Skitty but it sucks at battling, Glameow is just eeww and Purrloin is a purple punching-bag. .3.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Hah, all these talk about Meowth using Payday makes me want to play Pokemon FR again tbqh. ;~;

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
You guys sound as if the Pay Day mechanics were changed in the later generations. Were they? Because one way or another I never used it or seen it in my HG and W.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
You guys sound as if the Pay Day mechanics were changed in the later generations. Were they?
10891262.jpg

There were changes in the amount of money you received due to items though.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Actually the dollar amount for Pay Day was 2x (level) for Gen I and II and 5x (level) for Gen III and after. And this does come from Bulbapedia.
Bulbapedia also says Pay Day's Japanese name is "Coin For a Cat". Somehow I just find that really hilarious. xD
Pay_Day.png

Whenever after battle it described the player picking up the money, I always imagine some clumsy idiot bending over and picking hundreds of coins off the floor one at a time as if playing 52 Pickup. xD

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
So it was actually buffed? That's a good thing.

Also lol, first time I see the Gen V Pay Day animation. Awesome.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
So it was actually buffed? That's a good thing.

Also lol, first time I see the Gen V Pay Day animation. Awesome.
Honestly it would be cool if they just kept on powering up this move little by little until finally it actually became a useful battling move. I would love to actually use Pay Day. xD I literally haven't even seen it since Generation II.
They could do this with lots of weak gimmicky moves because gimmicky = awesome but weak = not awesome. :c

And yes, it is a super super super awesome animation. :3

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Actually the dollar amount for Pay Day was 2x (level) for Gen I and II and 5x (level) for Gen III and after. And this does come from Bulbapedia.
Eh, I thought he ment from Gen 3 and on due to the mention of FR. But thanks for the correction.

Bulbapedia is just so helpful. :D

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
*people

People made bulbapedia therefore it is the people who made it who are helpful! :3

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I seriously think I visit bulbapedia more than facebook. I use it for everything from looking at movesets and natures to just reading about the anime characters. It is probably the best pokemon website ever

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I seriously think I visit bulbapedia more than facebook. I use it for everything from looking at movesets and natures to just reading about the anime characters. It is probably the best pokemon website ever
I used to do that.

But when I get the hang of it, I sort of memorized important moves that most Pokemon should know in certain situations. Though I still use it for the occasional check for anime stuff, but that rarely happens, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back