• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hey,
Where do you get Zoroark once you have the shiny dogs on your pokemon black or white game

Go to Nimbasa. To the right you'll see two exits. Go to the top one. Then, go to the only place you can access on that route (being lostlorn forest) walk through it until you reach the top of Lostlorn (really short tbh) and then the event will naturally occur once a dog is in your party. :)

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023

Go to Nimbasa. To the right you'll see two exits. Go to the top one. Then, go to the only place you can access on that route (being lostlorn forest) walk through it until you reach the top of Lostlorn (really short tbh) and then the event will naturally occur once a dog is in your party. :)

I found it but it's a Raikou?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I found it but it's a Raikou?

Yes, it transforms into one of the shiny dogs. When it gets down to a few HP (red I think?) it transforms into Zoroark. Then when you catch it, it'll register as Zoroark. :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
Victini Question

Bought a second hand version of white recently and was reading the instruction leaflet about this pokemon you can get through mystery gift, but it says one per cartridge. The game had already been restarted so assuming this pokemon had already been downloaded can i still get it? Would be Mighty Unfair if I cant just because its second hand, how was I to know?
Cheers
-Mendonky.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2011
Which pokemon are worthwhile?

So I'm roughly 3/4 through the game, since I (barely) got my 6th gym badge. The problem I've had, especially relative to all of the previous games, is that I am having a very hard time finding pokemon that are actually worth a crap. I've wasted ridiculous amounts of time trying to raise any outside of my big four (dewott, gurdurr, simisear and audino) and I'm getting sick and tired of raising a caught pokemon to similar levels and having them get PWNT by wild ones that are disadvantaged types. Much less trainer owned opponents. I've used so far: blitzle, roggenrolla, and vanillite. I was happy to see that you can actually get electric and ice pokemon this early in the game, but, at least the ones I've caught, are hot garbage, and aren't worth a spot on my team period. That ice cream cone thing ended up having every stat in the 40's when he hit level 31, and then proceeded to get clobbered by a freaking bird that was about 33 in the flying gym :| My worthwhile pokemon could have used those exp points. I was cruising through the game, but after narrowly beating the flying gym by the skin on my teeth, and also getting worked by Cheren afterwards, the ability to find decent pokemon is starting to take its toll.

What pokemon do you guys suggest? I'm primarily looking for a flying type that I can actually use outside of being the HM-fly *****. Also I'd like something that can actually beat flying pokemon. I'm thinking about picking up woobat, but his levels would be so low at this point it'd take forever, even with my exp share, for him to be venerable.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So I'm roughly 3/4 through the game, since I (barely) got my 6th gym badge. The problem I've had, especially relative to all of the previous games, is that I am having a very hard time finding pokemon that are actually worth a crap. I've wasted ridiculous amounts of time trying to raise any outside of my big four (dewott, gurdurr, simisear and audino) and I'm getting sick and tired of raising a caught pokemon to similar levels and having them get PWNT by wild ones that are disadvantaged types. Much less trainer owned opponents. I've used so far: blitzle, roggenrolla, and vanillite. I was happy to see that you can actually get electric and ice pokemon this early in the game, but, at least the ones I've caught, are hot garbage, and aren't worth a spot on my team period. That ice cream cone thing ended up having every stat in the 40's when he hit level 31, and then proceeded to get clobbered by a freaking bird that was about 33 in the flying gym :| My worthwhile pokemon could have used those exp points. I was cruising through the game, but after narrowly beating the flying gym by the skin on my teeth, and also getting worked by Cheren afterwards, the ability to find decent pokemon is starting to take its toll.

What pokemon do you guys suggest? I'm primarily looking for a flying type that I can actually use outside of being the HM-fly *****. Also I'd like something that can actually beat flying pokemon. I'm thinking about picking up woobat, but his levels would be so low at this point it'd take forever, even with my exp share, for him to be venerable.
I recommend Archeops. Woobat honestly isn't that good. Archeops' base 140 Attack allows it to tear holes in most opponents, however, its ability is an issue because it halves its offenses when it's at half health or less, but it shouldn't be a problem if you have a lot of healing items with you. It's a Rock/Flying Pokemon, so it can beat Flying Pokemon and be used as your Fly slave. You can get Archen's fossil from a backpacker in Relic Castle. I also suggest getting Sandile (in Resort Desert, Relic DCastle or Route 4) or Drilbur (in any dust cloud in a cave, as long as you don't pick up an item) because both can learn good moves and have good Attack and Speed.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Bought a second hand version of white recently and was reading the instruction leaflet about this pokemon you can get through mystery gift, but it says one per cartridge. The game had already been restarted so assuming this pokemon had already been downloaded can i still get it? Would be Mighty Unfair if I cant just because its second hand, how was I to know?
Cheers
-Mendonky.

I would be hoping it is ONE VICTINI PER SAVE GAME...

Catch a Golett from Dragonspiral Tower. Evolve into Golurk at 43. Keep Magnitude. Golurk can Fly, just does not "need" it.
Raise a Klink into Klang. Eviolite makes evolving Klang an "option".

Deerling. Seriously. The evolution of it is rather under-loved. Megahorn & Horn Leech are crazy good moves for it. So is Nature Power. Also learns a great Fighting move in JUMP KICK.

Stunfisk, that brown fish thing with the funny face. Reasonably bulky, letting it use Camoflage will turn it Normal-type (usually and hopefully), improving its defenses somewhat. Do note that its VERY slow.

Cubchoo the bear.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2011
Completion problems

I have virtually completed the Pokemon Black game, but have got stuck. I have defeated N, but lost to Ghetsis. I have collected the Legendary Dragon. But as I lost to Ghetsis, nothing has changed.- I can't go to other cities, or do anything different.

It wont let me back into the pokemon league to do it again. Someone help please.

pokehunter87

Pokemon Breeder
Years
sounds strange that one. i lost to ghetsis then when the pokecentre healed my pokemon i spoke to the team plasma dude stood near the counter and he took me back to the castle.

Sloth Tamer

Sloth attack victim? PM me.
Years
Questions about pokemon in general

Ok, so after my 2-3 year hiatus on pokemon, I came back to see people talking about "IV training" and how to control your pokemons nature? What is IV training? And how do I Pick what nature my pokemon has? This is all really confusing, but interesting. (I plan on playing again on a regular basis, got a DSi being shipped to me now and going out to buy HG/Black in a few days. :D )

There's a few more questions I have.
•In Black/White, what are the main differences aside from the legendaries?
•In G5, what are the advantages of each starter? I'll probably go with the grass type, but I'd like to know what else there is to offer from the others.
•Are there still loads of people using the Action Replay'd Spiritomb with wonder guard? Or even a sableye? Or god-forbid Action Replay'd Darkrais..
•What would be a decent team to build for the elite four on G5? I can get most pokemon from HG/SS.

The main questions I want answered is
•What is IV training? and how do I do it?
•How do i pick what nature my Pokemon has?

pokehunter87

Pokemon Breeder
Years
you cant pick a nature for your pokemon. you can breed to get a specific nature or if your at the start of the game just keep soft resetting the game until you get the nature you want on your starter.

i went for oshawott however i regretted it as i dont feel he contributed very much to any of my battles.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ok, so after my 2-3 year hiatus on pokemon, I came back to see people talking about "IV training" and how to control your pokemons nature? What is IV training? And how do I Pick what nature my pokemon has? This is all really confusing, but interesting. (I plan on playing again on a regular basis, got a DSi being shipped to me now and going out to buy HG/Black in a few days. :D )

•In G5, what are the advantages of each starter? I'll probably go with the grass type, but I'd like to know what else there is to offer from the others.
•Are there still loads of people using the Action Replay'd Spiritomb with wonder guard? Or even a sableye? Or god-forbid Action Replay'd Darkrais..
•What would be a decent team to build for the elite four on G5? I can get most pokemon from HG/SS.

This belongs in quick questions, so I merged it.

Anyway, for the differences question: check the version exclusives part of the FAQ. I'll leave the rest up to everyone else to answer - and remember, ask here next time.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2012
Have a quick question about Ev training
If you need four Ev points for +1 Base stat
then do i have to battle 1008 Patrats to get a 252 attack?
or am i way off the mark?

Years
Have a quick question about Ev training
If you need four Ev points for +1 Base stat
then do i have to battle 1008 Patrats to get a 252 attack?
or am i way off the mark?
There are items that increase the EV gains. They can be purchased w/ BP which are earned from doing the Battle Subway. Pokerus also doubles the EV gains.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Hello, I was thinking of capturing the Reshiram in Black for EV Training. Though I don't want to capture it at the place you *encounter* it, since you can find it at the Dragonspiral Tower later. But here's the question. Will the Reshiram have the same Nature and IVs from where I first *encountered* it or will I still be able to SR for a Nature and IV.

Thanks in advanced.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

Like Forever said, check the Version exclusive FAQ.

Not really, every starter is kinda even, I'd go with Snivy since it's amazing. <3

No not really, if you fight an official match then the Pokemon will be normal, since it's against the rules to use hacks, plus Darkrai isn't that common, plus not many are hacked since it's easy to get now.

Whatever you want, check what teams the E4 have at Serebii then build a team that counters them, plus you can't send Pokemon over from HG/SS without a second Ds and after beating the main game.

IV Training is not a thing, there's IV Breeding, which I think you should read a few guides at Gamefaqs and such, Ev training is the training one.

You can't pick a nature, you have to breed or SR it, but there are techniques to help you get a specific nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back