• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate BW Pack for Pokémon Essentials

Animated or static sprites?

• Animated (+ Looks better, - Large files)

Votes: 458 74.2%
  • Static (+ Smaller files, - Looks worse)

Votes: 159 25.8%

• Total voters

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Hey Guys!

I was wondering if someone had this very same pack but with the STATIC versions of the sprites. I know it looks nice and all, but honestly to have a folder that's more than 200mb on just the pokemon is something i don't find attractive at all. I don't want to end up with a game that's over 1gb.

I downloaded the pack when it featured the resized static sprites, but lost it with my old PC :( Does anyone have it? P-Sign? anyone? The sprites are very pretty, but i don't need that extra weight the animation gives.

Thanks for this awesome contribution, btw, P-Sign!
I don't have the old pack, but I can change the animated sprites of the newest release to static sprites. I think I'm done in two hours ;)

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years
I don't have the old pack, but I can change the animated sprites of the newest release to static sprites. I think I'm done in two hours ;)

Wow, that was fast! Thanks a whole lot, P-Sign! I also should suggest that you add it to the main post as an alternative download, just in case that someone else has a computer with low resources or just wants to make a light game while still using B/W graphics! Who knows, there must be other weirdos like me out there :P

Riansky

Purr
Years
Do you probably have the old pack when the whole back sprites were shown just like in BW? I remember you had those.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I would also be interested in having a static version. As cool as animated sprites are, some of my users can't reasonably download a 600 MB- I'd like to offer a static version as an alternative as well.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Wow, that was fast! Thanks a whole lot, P-Sign! I also should suggest that you add it to the main post as an alternative download, just in case that someone else has a computer with low resources or just wants to make a light game while still using B/W graphics! Who knows, there must be other weirdos like me out there :P

Here you go:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1cabjz5vh52x/n/Ultimate_BW_Pack7_STAT.zip

Do you probably have the old pack when the whole back sprites were shown just like in BW? I remember you had those.
I don't have it anymore so I have to recompile it. You aren't the first to request this by the way, so this is a priority from now on. I think it will be done next week.

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years

4rcanine

5-Time Champion
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
Hello, um, I was trying to download your pack but no matter how many times I try to download it, it says that it is invalid. I tried to open in in 7zip, and it says that it cannot be opened as an archive. Do you know why this might be? >~< I really want to download this...

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
If the links here dont work then try the one thats in my sig its p-signs pack and also help-14 and zingzags pokemon follow script all set up. if u dont want the pokemon follow stuf then just copy all the graphics and adio out of there folders plus the pokemon.txt moves.txt items.txt shadowmoves.txt tm.txt and abillities.txt from the pbs folder and paste them into your game and thats it.

all the music and graphics are from p-signs kit apart from the pokemon overworlds

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Hello, um, I was trying to download your pack but no matter how many times I try to download it, it says that it is invalid. I tried to open in in 7zip, and it says that it cannot be opened as an archive. Do you know why this might be? >~< I really want to download this...
Which version did you download and which download link did you use?

Faore

:D
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2013
Nothing really changed just the Pokemon are animated. Trainer sprites are the same. Map didn't change either. (Idk if it was supposed to)

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2019
Thanks for uploading the static sprites version, but there's some problems with these new sprites. Half of them aren't aligned right and have to be manually realigned and a couple big pokemon like Lugia and Moltres as so big that they cover the other pokemon. This wouldn't be so bad if the enemy pokemon didn't appears on top of the one you're controlling.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Thanks for uploading the static sprites version, but there's some problems with these new sprites. Half of them aren't aligned right and have to be manually realigned and a couple big pokemon like Lugia and Moltres as so big that they cover the other pokemon. This wouldn't be so bad if the enemy pokemon didn't appears on top of the one you're controlling.

Would you mind sending me a screenshot? I don't have this problem, which version of Essentials are you using?

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2019
Would you mind sending me a screenshot? I don't have this problem, which version of Essentials are you using?

I'm using the latest version, which is v9.
And sure, here's the image.
(Sorry but I had to attach it because I haven't posted enough on this forum to post links)

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I'm using the latest version, which is v9.
And sure, here's the image.
(Sorry but I had to attach it because I haven't posted enough on this forum to post links)
Ah, I see. That's a problem exclusive to Lugia, it's sprite is very wide compared to other Pokémon. I can try resizing the sprite of Lugia, but I can't guarantee that it will look good. I'm sorry.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2019
Lugia is one of the most noticeable but a few others I noticed do it too. Gyarados and Moltres do it too off the top of my head. Also some of the sprites seem to be sort of tearing. If you look, it's on Cresselia's backsprite and the front and back of her shiny forms, The front of Leafy Wormadam, all of Mothim's sprites, both the front and back of normal and shiny Uxie, the backsprites of Illumise and Elgyem, and possibly more that I haven't found. Also, all of Burmy and Wormadam's shiny sprites aren't there at all. Also I've noticed that none of the gender differences are there.

Edit:I decided I'd go through the entire image file and point out what I see.
I noticed that the shiny backsprite for Steelix is a smaller image than the regular one. I didn't look at this ingame so I'm not sure what it looks like.
This also happens with every sprite for Teddiursa and Ursaring.
Also, Shiny Diglett's front and back sprites are different from the normal. And Shiny Dugtrio is tearing on both.
Normal and shiny Manaphy and Phione's back and front sprites are all tearing, too.
Tirtouga's front sprites normal and shiny tear.
All of Plusle's sprites tear, and quite disturbingly if you ask me. His ear is floating off his body.

Oh! I just tested out Lugia ingame and apparently it fixes itself. Lugia appears ontop of the enemy, which is kind of cool I guess.

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Lugia is one of the most noticeable but a few others I noticed do it too. Gyarados and Moltres do it too off the top of my head. Also some of the sprites seem to be sort of tearing. If you look, it's on Cresselia's backsprite and the front and back of her shiny forms, The front of Leafy Wormadam, all of Mothim's sprites, both the front and back of normal and shiny Uxie, the backsprites of Illumise and Elgyem, and possibly more that I haven't found. Also, all of Burmy and Wormadam's shiny sprites aren't there at all. Also I've noticed that none of the gender differences are there.

Edit:I decided I'd go through the entire image file and point out what I see.
I noticed that the shiny backsprite for Steelix is a smaller image than the regular one. I didn't look at this ingame so I'm not sure what it looks like.
This also happens with every sprite for Teddiursa and Ursaring.
Also, Shiny Diglett's front and back sprites are different from the normal. And Shiny Dugtrio is tearing on both.
Normal and shiny Manaphy and Phione's back and front sprites are all tearing, too.
Tirtouga's front sprites normal and shiny tear.
All of Plusle's sprites tear, and quite disturbingly if you ask me. His ear is floating off his body.

Oh! I just tested out Lugia ingame and apparently it fixes itself. Lugia appears ontop of the enemy, which is kind of cool I guess.
Thanks for pointing these out, I'll see what I can do. I am very busy with my fangame at the moment so I have little time to fix these.

Is this compatable with features introduced in Pokemon Essentials versions 8 and 9?
Yes, although you might get problems with Experience Points. I'll send you a working pokemon.txt if you get problems.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I noticed some missing icons and cries. For example, Frillish/Jellicent/Unfezant need icons for each gender (this is now possible in Essentials), and there's the genies/Kyurem/Keldeo's alternate forms. The three genies also have different cries in their alternate forms.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
I think there is a problem with pokemon.txt. I always receive 1EXP. I'm using the latest version of essentials (9)

Back