• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Art Online (OOC)

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
The CSS in the first post makes this RP look delicious yet somehow intimidating at the same time o.O I shall attempt to join anytime soon, assuming you won't be accepting everyone who's reserved a spot so far :P

PS. I'm back from the death... Fear me >:D

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Ill start *actually* writing my SU when I get home from work today. NINE TILL SEVEN BABY I LOVE CHRISTMAS

Also, since you wrote "another Pokemon game", can we assume that Pokemon exists in the real world already and since its set in the world, those who have already playe the games should have a general idea where to go?

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Hmm... Since spots are full, I'm just going to reserve a reserve spot. I'm just going to work on my SU until spots clear up... hopefully.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
And added! Hopefully that sums up what Parker looks like. :D
Indeed, unless I've missed anything else, you are accepted!

I'll hopefully have my SU completed by tomorrow. :)
Joy!

The CSS in the first post makes this RP look delicious yet somehow intimidating at the same time o.O I shall attempt to join anytime soon, assuming you won't be accepting everyone who's reserved a spot so far :P

PS. I'm back from the death... Fear me >:D
Vato! Glad to see you're alive :D heh, if people keep expressing interest, I might open up more spots. It's just that I wanted to set the limit somewhere and I've never made a RP with as much as 10 players before so I kind of want to start there :p

Ill start *actually* writing my SU when I get home from work today. NINE TILL SEVEN BABY I LOVE CHRISTMAS

Also, since you wrote "another Pokemon game", can we assume that Pokemon exists in the real world already and since its set in the world, those who have already playe the games should have a general idea where to go?
YOU SO bad fan GOOD GIRL!

Yeah, I assume you mean that the pokémon games exist, just like in our real world. Yes, they do :) This is perhaps around 2025 or something, when technology is just a liiittle more advanced and something like MAO is possible.

Hmm... Since spots are full, I'm just going to reserve a reserve spot. I'm just going to work on my SU until spots clear up... hopefully.
I'll remember that you're interested ^^ for now I think you're... number three in line or something. I sure hope RPers aren't going to quit though ;D GMs never hope for that!

Last edited:

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
Hnnng.... I better start writing up an awesome SU..... hahaha... Will add it here and do edits here.

The "REAL" WIP Sign-Up Sheet

Real Age: 21
Real Gender: Male
Personality: (shaping your History gives way to your personality, people! remember this! xD) (Oh yes.... and SUBJECT TO CHANGE through the RP)
In the past, Cress was energetic, a bit clumsy to a fault, and an amiable friend to everyone. He enjoyed the company of people and many enjoyed being with him. Cress was almost always poking his nose in other people's affairs that usually caused him unwanted troubles, but he would brush it by and continued where his curiosity took him. He grew up from a child rather normally... one would think.

As the years went by, they showed Cress the disgusted eyes of people whom abhor his split nationality and foreign father, which in turn, carved the path to his introverted personality. He rarely engages in any form of talk, especially at school, unless addressed to and his usual cold self drives others away. He tries to maintain a mature attitude possibly too much for his age sometimes. A skill he's picked up is zoning out noises from his surroundings allowing only for his selective hearing. Cress' priorities involves keeping himself away from the center of attention, which he has done well with over the years, and secretly mastering his craft of electronics knowledge, kendo and naginata training. Cress proudly carries his family heritage with pride but should anyone attack it, Cress has been known to enforce it with his fists. On a small note, when Cress gets embarrassed... he starts acting like a little kid and denies not being embarrassed or the such.

About the only few who Cress opens up to are his parents but lately, an old friend of his has been changing him slowly but surely with the happy-go-lucky demeanor he carries about himself, which Cress finds annoying. Cress is a bit dense and extremely inexperienced when it comes to the matter of love(well obviously lol), something his friend points out all too frequently. Cress enjoys being fast paced, a trait he received from his mother, with his work and doing things with the utmost effort from his father's teachings. 'If one was to do something, why not do it once with the most effort rather than try again with wasted effort?' was the motto Cress' father used and it stuck well with him.

As the story progresses, Cress begins to feel differently about himself and maybe he was blaming his reasons for being hated by people because of how he assumed they thought. Being overly cautious might not had been the best idea but Cress will begin to learn ways of finding the answers he seek through his actions and not his emotions alone. The game begins testing his own inner self as it battles through the walls he has created.

History: (Hm.... whats a good State to put in.... I dunno... may as well put where i am lol Sacramento, California, USA)
Cress was born between a Japanese father and an American mother. Cress's father was visiting the United States for business where he fell in love with his mother, an electronics expert and hobbyist graphic artist. A few years later, the marriage came and the birth of Cress.

Cress lived his childhood rather nonchalantly, enjoying his mother's love and his father's presence. There were many children his age who did the usual children's thing, playing around, making fun of girls they liked but didn't know they liked and etc. But... with age comes perception. Cress noticed his difference from the teens of his age with many not having mixed blood. This difference from his peers, due to his father's Japanese heritage despite having most of his mother's looks, made Cress feel out of place. Throughout his middle school years, the young man dealt with much of the oppressive feelings on his own and should his mother ask him of troubles, Cress would only put on his facade and ease her worries away.

Despite it all, Cress would gain two things, one each from his parents, that made him more confident in himself. First, was his great interest in electronics as his mother did, and he would frequently pose questions to his mother of problems he could not comprehend only to find that the answer was a simplistic approach. Cress and his mother shared this moment together in bliss. Second, was an interest in the art of Naginata and Kendo of which his father taught him. Being a former Naginata and Kendo practitioner, Cress' father soon gave up the arts to pursue a business degree to secure a better life for him and his family in the future. Though rusty, Cress' father would occasionally remember the arts with an unused wooden pole around the gardening shed. One fortunate night, Cress saw the arts and was captivated. Surprised, Cress' father decided to teach him, despite having doubts in the first place. Cress picked up the training quickly but his build couldn't handle excessive training yet. Eager to learn the arts, Cress encouraged himself and his father to train together and in turn, built a new bond between child and parent. Between electronic tinkering or training, Cress felt his worries vanish... ... although the reality of things was still lurking nearby... ...

In the recent days, Cress has been annoyed(he feels he's annoyed) by an old but friendly acquaintance from his elementary years and greeted by a long forgotten childhood friend, whom has an unrequited love for Cress. With the launch of MAO, Cress and his two friends, although he won't openly admit it yet, decided to try it together. Cress was already knowledgeable about Pokemon and played many of the games to understand many of the mechanics behind it but felt the MMO would be a new challenge. After obtaining a NerveGear and copy of the game from his mother, whom had connections to get it before the release, Cress finished his registration early waiting only on his friends to finish theirs... ... ... The journey... is about to begin...

As the story begins, Cress finds out that his two friends are missing, causing him much concern. Their names didn't appear on the Monolith that showed the names of people who had perished in the game, which relieved him greatly, however, that still doesn't mean they would be safe. Unable to find them in Cherrygrove or New Bark, Cress is left with the only option... of going forward. Still retaining much of his real self, Cress could only progress and take on the new world as much as he could. From the shattering images of random people he didn't know to the echoing voices that soon silenced, the game began molding his personality into something different but Cress knew things would have to change and staying the same wasn't going to do him any good. Life is all about adapting to change and can Cress do such a thing... only time would tell.

Avatar Name: Cy; the C from Cress and Y from Yoshikawa
Avatar Appearance: --> Character WIP <--
Cy stands at about 165 cm in height coming to an amount of 5' 4" give or take some while weighing a good 149 lbs. Cy likes his natural small build and feels an overly burly body was a distraction to himself despite it being just a game. His hair is a jet black hue, something he had longed to do to his hair but couldn't in respect of his mother, and it fell to his shoulder's length. The hair is tied near the end into a small ponytail bundle with a thin blue ribbon and rests on his left shoulder while his bangs, a few centimeters short of his Amber eyes, parts halfway from his forehead to each side fanning outwards and getting relatively longer. His pale skin specs are kept intact to maintain a level of relativity.

Cy's upper body is dressed in an unzipped Black hoodie over a Gray T-Shirt and his lower body, a Light Brown Cargo pants. A pair of black Nike tennis shoes can be seen on his feet with white socks reaching just above the collar of his shoes. On the left wrist, hidden beneath the hoodie's sleeves is a waterproof watch while both of his hands are fitted with black finger-less gloves. Upon the right side of Cy's custom fitted black belt are specially designed magnets that can hold up to the usual 6 pokeballs, while on the left is a brown pouch for his earnings. Cy also carries a dark blue backpack, for his other necessities that are too large for him to carry on hand, over his left shoulder most of the time.

Starter Pokémon:
torchick.gif

Torchic-"Blaze"
Ability: Speed Boost ( cause I can't have it in real life! T-T )
Nature: Brave-
From pecking to fire-breathing, the little Blaze isn't afraid! ... ... Maybe things should be kept that way... for now...

Skill set:
Scratch - Growl - Peck
Focus Energy - Ember - Mirror Move(fails with extreme success)

Roleplay Sample:
Prologue: ~A Normal Sunday Morning...?~

*Bzzzzzt Bzzzzzt.... Bzzzzzt Bzzzzzt...*
A light vibration and noise came from the cell phone device that sat on top of the bed sheets of an empty navy blue bed. The morning sun rays phased through the thin window curtains and illuminated the room where the phone rested. The tan painted walls was filled with wall scrolls featuring electronics, games, and many other things, while the single desk, where a desktop computer stood on, danced with the rebounding rays of light. The smell of dew scurried through the small opened window and settled in the motionless haven before fading away. As the phone continued making it's intended noise, the door across from the bed softly squeaked, followed by the silhouette of a young man who made his way across the room not too briskly nor too slowly. Reaching down to pick up the phone before settling himself down onto the soft, tan, carpet floor, he pushed the accept button upon the device and raised it to his ear.

"Cress Cress! You finally picked up!" An energetic voice echoed through the cell phone. Cress yawned to himself but before he could reply back, the voice spoke up again. "Well, are you online yet? I'm logging in in a sec. Prim just texted me that she was waiting for us before she does so too." The excitement in the voice could be heard and Cress wasn't surprised. He was rather nervous and excited at the same time.

"Okay Gale... I'll give Prim a call and then log in." Cress replied back to his friend.

"You better text her. She'll probably freak out and won't say anything if you talk to her directly. Anyways, I'm logging in!" Gale commented before chuckling to himself and eventually ended the call. Cress knew Gale was right and though he wasn't sure why, Cress decided to text her. A few beeps and taps on the phone came and went, and within a few seconds, Cress pressed the send button before he laid the phone on top of his desk. Returning his computer off sleep mode, Cress began connecting all the wires of the NerveGear to the mainframe of his computer and made sure there was a working signal for the internet. After finishing his set up for the game, his phone beeped once more causing Cress to reach towards it. On the screen was a message from the one that was called Prim. Cress glanced at it and a small smile appeared on his face. Carefully grabbing the NerveGear device that was resting on the side of his computer, Cress brought it over his head and slowly placed it on. He laid back down on his bed before taking a deep breath.

"Phew... ... Okay... Here we go..." Cress murmured to himself before closing his eyes. The message he saw from Prim lingered for a second. 'Ok! Let's do our best. (^_^)'

"... Link Start!"

------------------------------------------------------​
Okay.... not so very awesome.... kind of bland.... bleh. Tell me if you want more fancy pants RP Samples or whatever...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Don't get lazy now, peeps. Work on those SUs so that we can get up and running... wait, isn't it Christmas soon? Gosh it's on Monday already (well, Tuesday for you americanpersons). Christmas for me usually means getting gifts, having fun with family, eating too much food and sweets and falling into foodcoma/sugarcoma -> wanting to sit down and RP for a bit.

Heh, what I mean by this is, is everyone ok with us starting this RP this weekend, before Christmas? In case some of you will be busy rather than free in the beginning of next week, perhaps it's better if we postponed the start.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I can get a first post going right before the 24th, if that's a perfect timing. The 24th and 25th I will be dead busy.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
My SU is basically finished. I just need to type it up. XD So I don't mind starting whenever everyone else feels like it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I can get a first post going right before the 24th, if that's a perfect timing. The 24th and 25th I will be dead busy.
Noted.

My SU is basically finished. I just need to type it up. XD So I don't mind starting whenever everyone else feels like it.
Type it up, then! :D

I've typed up the intro post for Violet City now. I daresay we won't be bored at the start of the game :p there's a lot of things to do in this city (not to mention all the previous areas) and I hope some will take the opportunity to party up with other players, be it NPCs or RPers~

I thought some more about professions, btw. Here's what I've got. I'm not sure how to make a Fossil Hunter profession actually. perhaps it could be part of the Explorer profession, but I think it might just be simpler to let fossils be special rewards for quests or maybe even part of a storyline. Hmm, perhaps the Explorer could still play some part here though? If we implement, hm, uh... something shady... Aura! Yeah :D

- Alchemist (gather berries and herbs, making potions, vitamins and repels)

- Angler (can fish up stuff that most can't, and can use Super Rod)

- Crafter (gather apricorns and fashion custom pokéballs!)

- Breeder (take care of yours or other players' pokémon for a day or so and make them produce an egg. Still sounds creepy, uh.)

- Mechanic (gather scrap from nature and towns to fashion evolution objects, like Kings Rock, Sharp Claw etc.)

- Explorer (the only ones who can find elemental stones and who can somehow resurrect fossils with their, heh, aura :D)

- Tutor (teach moves that your own pokémon know, to other people's pokémon. Even if they shouldn't really be able to use that move!)

This list is still in the beta stage, I guess. Comments? I've tried to balance it so that not all players would rush to pick the same profession; I think players should only be able to handle one profession at a time btw. I hope Crafter or Angler doesn't sound too boring though :p Wouldn't you just love to be able to fish up a Squirtle, Mijumaru or Feebas, or invent your own new kinds of pokéballs? You should pick a profession that fits with your character - or perhaps totally clashes with them?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
SU will be ready tomorrow afternoon :)

I thought some more about professions, btw. Here's what I've got. I'm not sure how to make a Fossil Hunter profession actually. perhaps it could be part of the Explorer profession, but I think it might just be simpler to let fossils be special rewards for quests or maybe even part of a storyline. Hmm, perhaps the Explorer could still play some part here though? If we implement, hm, uh... something shady... Aura! Yeah :D

- Alchemist (gather berries and herbs, making potions, vitamins and repels)

- Breeder (take care of yours or other players' pokémon for a day or so and make them produce an egg. Still sounds creepy, uh.)

- Mechanic (gather scrap from nature and towns to fashion evolution objects, like Kings Rock, Sharp Claw etc.)

- Explorer (the only ones who can find elemental stones and who can somehow resurrect fossils with their, heh, aura :D)

- Tutor (teach moves that your own pokémon know, to other people's pokémon. Even if they shouldn't really be able to use that move!)

This list is still in the beta stage, I guess. Comments? I've tried to balance it so that not all players would rush to pick the same profession; I think players should only be able to handle one profession at a time btw. I hope Crafter or Angler doesn't sound too boring though :p Wouldn't you just love to be able to fish up a Squirtle, Mijumaru or Feebas, or invent your own new kinds of pokéballs? You should pick a profession that fits with your character - or perhaps totally clashes with them?
They're all looking great although a couple (Alchemist, Explorer, Tutor...) are looking much more appealing than the others in terms of usefulness - but perhaps that's just my perception :p In relation to the 'jobs', I'm assuming those are something that will be taken up whilst playing rather than starting off with them right? Just wondering whether to include it in the SU or not haha.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Well, I'm hopefully done now, barring anything that needs to be changed of course. I hope everything is in order, it was a bit late when I was finishing it, so I hope there aren't too many weird errors... Also, everybody else has such beautifully formated SUs, so jealous right now. :P

Real Age: 21

Real Gender: Male

Personality: A perfectionist - described as a person who demands perfection of himself or others. Many often joked that if you looked up that word in a dictionary, they would find Gavin's name adjacent to that little blurb. It started at a young age, his perfectionism, probably a side effect of his acute OCD. His insatiable insistence, no, compulsion to do things a certain way. Whether it be a book placed just right on a shelf, or correcting himself (and others) mid-sentence due to a slip of grammatical inaccuracy. He often pushed himself so that this one foible did not become his sole defining trait as a human, but he struggled to overcome the already heavy reputation and stigma.

Teased and picked on as a child and his reputation preceding him in many social situations, Gavin never developed the "normal" conventions that many garnered from childhood onward. Socially introverted and a bit callus when approached by others. From his experience, people only try and talk to him to further tease or insult him. Even if people try and get to know him out of genuine personal interest, he secretly suspects it's just for them to later cast aspersions. He works fine with others in a business setting, especially if he were in charge, but he never dare attempt to draw near to any besides his family.

This lack of normal social interaction, caused him to lose himself to the worlds of video games, movies, or what have you. Here in these fantasy worlds, he could be whatever he desired; a hero, villain, morally grey, it didn't matter. He would cast himself into the story and lose himself there. He is steadfastly serious and almost calculating in his actions. Not one for vociferous outbursts, Gavin stays levelheaded and even toned during situations where others may become heated. What he lacks in social and "street" smarts, he makes up for in general intelligence. Although not tested at a "genius" level, he is very gifted and typically not afraid to let people know when he is smarter than them. This lack of humility further compounds his already lacking social prowess and alienates him even more from his contemporaries.

It is hard to say if anyone could ever worm their way past all this, but Gavin himself isn't very receptive to the idea. He truly does care for his mother and father, but nobody else has ever had such a profound effect on him in that he can accurately define "caring" for somebody. Maybe the reason he loves Pokemon so much and as a result MAO, is because of how well he gets along with real animals. According to him, "Animals don't judge anyone and are always there for you."

History: October 11th, 1991 - London, United Kingdom. The day Gavin entered this world, born to two loving and average in every way parents. His father, James Ellis, a system analyst and his mother, Samantha Ellis, a happy stay at home mother. His early childhood was fairly mundane as these things go. Samantha began to notice little idiosyncrasies that triggered some warning bells as he got older. These little indications led to a visit to a psychologist who identified him with his acute obsessive compulsive disorder.

In school, he was picked on mercilessly by his classmates and one boy in particular, Craig Murphy. Whenever he progressed in a grade, Gavin would wish that he and Craig would be separated by some stroke of luck. Craig moving, being held back, divine intervention by meteor strike, it didn't much matter to him. This boy was one of just a few reasons he lost faith in people his age or strangers in general. Everyday, he would attend school, ace his work, take his beatings and rush home to his homework and gaming. He became an avid Pokemon fan, going so far as to EV train each of his monsters and enjoying the global battle scene to the best of his ability.

Nursery, Primary and Secondary. This cycle continued this way for what felt like an eternity. The beatings didn't finally stop until he began his tertiary education. People were a bit more civil, although they ignored him just the same. His studies in the field of astronomy both fascinated and enraptured him. Just as he lost himself in games, he could do the same in the celestial bodies of the heavens.

The time eventually came that MAO was announced to the world and preorders went up. Gavin made sure he was one of the few people to be a part of the staggered release. He felt excitement and anticipation as he logged in for the first time, his avatar a representation of himself with minute differences. The worlds he had only seen in such limited fashion before, had suddenly come to life before his very eyes. Things were different here. Strength was governed by numbers and stats, a persons status based on their trainer ability and not the brute strength of the real world's wandering troglodytes. This was a world of people like him, nerds. And if he truly desired and persevered, here, he could be a king.

Avatar Appearance: Solomon stands approximately six feet, two inches from the ground. Like Gavin, Solomon's avatar is thin but not exceedingly so as to be lanky. His body lacks natural muscle definition and definitely portrays a person with limited physical prowess. His lean, angular face, carries with it high cheek bones and a slim fitting nose. Rich, hazel eyes contrast nicely with his close cropped, dirty blonde, hair that is fashioned into a caesar cut with his ends flipped up. A pale skin tone and light dusting of freckles finish off the avatar and give Solomon a slightly younger than his years kind of appearance. Although serving no 'distinct' function in MAO, he decided to retain his thick, metallic rim glasses. These glasses are removable and unlike the real world, when removed, have no effect on his vision.

His clothing is simple but purposeful. On his torso, he wears a plain, black, "V" neck T-shirt, over which he wears a light weight, dark grey, three button, wool peacoat. His pants are simple, dark denim jeans that sit above a pair of black, multipurpose boots. He keeps his captured Pokemon on the inside lining of his jacket, but his usable ones and all other items are kept in a dyed orange wool messenger bag slung across his shoulders.

Starter Pokémon: Sneasel
215f.gif

Nickname: Umbra
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Naive
Moves: Leer, Scratch, Taunt, Quick Attack, Faint Attack, Icy Wind

Roleplay Sample: From Sword Art Online....it seemed kind of fitting. :P

Spoiler:

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Regarding the RP Sample that is required. My most recent is a Medieval Royalty post that was done about a month or two ago and I don't believe it would quite reflect how it is that I would post here. I was wondering a couple of things. First, do you require to sample to be of the Pokémon genre? Second, do you want something more recent and reflective? Finally, should I just write up a sample or throw this one in despite the misfortunes?

Also, I adore the idea of professions (Breeder doesn't sound too creepy...) I think that they are all strong ideas. You can do a lot with those and there are tons of opportunities to branch out and be creative.

I think a Crafter and Angler are good. Pokéballs, especially different kinds, are always high in demand in game, so why not in RP? Angler would have the opportunity to get unique Pokémon other trainers won't and that's awesome. Who knows, with these different Pokémon there might be traders out there and that opens up more possibilities.

Would they be professions you learn and adapt on your journey, or something already acquired with game start?

I don't have the mindset to think up any new ideas, but I do like this and would love to see it implemented.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
Sweet motherload.... I'm done. xDDDD Well... Time to stand in line... (ーー; ) I'll probably try to draw a picture of Cy but.... that depends. Heh... Man did I miss PC... disappeared for 6 months! :C

Whelp peeps... time for me to go to sleep! (4am wut?!)

- Alchemist (gather berries and herbs (was thinking maybe a Forager or something here... since you know... they find that stuff. lol maybe add a special ability to finding rare berries...), making potions, vitamins and repels; combining two berries to have two usable effects within one (like a berry that has dual healing status of either burn/frozen whichever one appears first... blah blah... but then again... that's why u have a lum berry xDDDD)

- Explorer (the only ones who can find elemental stones and who can somehow resurrect fossils with their, heh, aura moved this down to Excavator)

In regards to the list, I guess I'll throw up some ideas as well. Some ideas are in bold of the quote.

- Haggler (% chance to trick persuade NPCs/players? to sell low/buy high; once per NPC/player with a certain cooldown before the next chance to do so again on the same NPC/player; maybe have a % to be able to buy rare items?)

- Excavator (for you fossil fans I guess... let's you find fossils, whether it be pokemon fossils or just fossil bones of dead animals... heh... oh and the uh... resurrection aura... lol... maybe give it a % chance and possibly having it fail-able too!) RHCP can think about the being able to find fossil thing since it was mentioned that fossils might just be quest rewards yada yada...

Advanced Professions:

- Scout (able to obtain information about rare pokemon within the area(doesn't mean you can catch them mind you); detect dangerously high lvl pokemon/trainers; this one might seem over the top but hey! lol)

- Ace/Specialist (become a specialist in one Pokemon type of choice and grant the same type of Pokemon a slight attack power with reduced defenses; this one might be a little over the top too but maybe we can tone it down or just ignore it)

- Enforcer/Protector (same as above but grants slight increase in defensive powers at the cost of attack power )

Maybe I'm thinking too much.... URGH! Time to go to sleep for real now... ...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I've been wondering how long it would be before people started using CSS to frame their SUs. Looks spiffy, that it does. Rambling aside I believe I am finished.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Waaah im so sorry i tried to do it yesterday then i had to work again and holy god i worked until midnight tonight and i start at 9 tomorrow and omg kjnasjdnsadsd

im going on a long car ride on saturday ILL BE TAKING MY LAPTOP GODDAMIT

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
alright I have a free period today an my lunch, so I can get some solid work done. By the time I get home at the end of the day I tend to be so tired all I want to do is play awesomenauts. I'm just done thinking. anyway...

with the classes I'd say if you made excavator it should still be both stones and fossils, but just a different name. Maybe it should be a bit like gen 4's underground and that these people can get most of those items. Then draw back could be that items found are very location based. ex. a kabuto fossil could only be found in a coastal area (possibly only one town).

specialist could be cool, but have it be all positive bonuses, but you may only have one type of pokemon to get the buff. IF you have a mixed team then you're specialized type should get a very slight boost.

I'd suggest the collector as a class in that they'd have a minutely better chance at catching pokemon.

Also I'd like to ask about econemy. do we have to track our money or is it sort of "Oh I won a battle so I have some spare cash."

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I've been wondering how long it would be before people started using CSS to frame their SUs. Looks spiffy, that it does. Rambling aside I believe I am finished.

Love your character (and those shoes), Retro! Fara reminds me a great deal of Irene Adler, from Sherlock. I guess I wasn't the only one who wanted to create an antagonist in this RP. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
SU will be ready tomorrow afternoon :)

They're all looking great although a couple (Alchemist, Explorer, Tutor...) are looking much more appealing than the others in terms of usefulness - but perhaps that's just my perception :p In relation to the 'jobs', I'm assuming those are something that will be taken up whilst playing rather than starting off with them right? Just wondering whether to include it in the SU or not haha.
Can't wait!

Yes, there will be places in Johto where you can learn the different professions. Like Alchemist in Cherrygrove, for instance. So no need to have a profession in your SU :) unless you want to be an alchemist, then you can include it in your history part if you want.

You've probably noticed that I'm giving you a lot of freedom to moderate things on your own in this RP. Levels, money, captures, even evolution... Same with professions. But I do want you to make sure not to start out too skillful. It won't be fun if you can cook up Max Revives in Azalea Town already ^^ So try to make it seem like you're progressively learning more.

Since there will be some time until some professions become available, I wanted to let you know what to aim for already before we start - if you do find a certain profession more appealing than others. BUT! You won't be stuck with the same profession for all of MAO, unless you want to. You could become an Alchemist now and work with that until you finally reach the place where you can become, for instance, a Tutor at last. Then you can discard your title as alchemist and start off as a novel Tutor, but then you'll lose all your skills as an alchemist and have to work from the bottom with your new profession.

Heh, it might sound a bit much to think about... but I really don't think it'll be complicated! Basically: JUST DO WHAT YOU WANT AND WHAT YOU THINK IS OK AND NOT GODMODDING/POWERPLAYING. :D The most important thing is that everyone enjoys the RP, I think.

Well, I'm hopefully done now, barring anything that needs to be changed of course. I hope everything is in order, it was a bit late when I was finishing it, so I hope there aren't too many weird errors... Also, everybody else has such beautifully formated SUs, so jealous right now. :P

Spoiler:

Accepted!

Regarding the RP Sample that is required. My most recent is a Medieval Royalty post that was done about a month or two ago and I don't believe it would quite reflect how it is that I would post here. I was wondering a couple of things. First, do you require to sample to be of the Pokémon genre? Second, do you want something more recent and reflective? Finally, should I just write up a sample or throw this one in despite the misfortunes?

Also, I adore the idea of professions (Breeder doesn't sound too creepy...) I think that they are all strong ideas. You can do a lot with those and there are tons of opportunities to branch out and be creative.

I think a Crafter and Angler are good. Pokéballs, especially different kinds, are always high in demand in game, so why not in RP? Angler would have the opportunity to get unique Pokémon other trainers won't and that's awesome. Who knows, with these different Pokémon there might be traders out there and that opens up more possibilities.

Would they be professions you learn and adapt on your journey, or something already acquired with game start?

I don't have the mindset to think up any new ideas, but I do like this and would love to see it implemented.
Maybe you can write up something about when your character first entered MAO? Or post your old sample and we'll see~ RP Sample is mostly there to let me see if players who maybe didn't write the best SU might still be adequate RPers, or if people with rather good SUs don't actually know how to RP. In your case, from what I've seen of your text so far, I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Sweet motherload.... I'm done. xDDDD Well... Time to stand in line... (ーー; ) I'll probably try to draw a picture of Cy but.... that depends. Heh... Man did I miss PC... disappeared for 6 months! :C

Whelp peeps... time for me to go to sleep! (4am wut?!)

In regards to the list, I guess I'll throw up some ideas as well. Some ideas are in bold of the quote.

- Haggler (% chance to trick persuade NPCs/players? to sell low/buy high; once per NPC/player with a certain cooldown before the next chance to do so again on the same NPC/player; maybe have a % to be able to buy rare items?)

- Excavator (for you fossil fans I guess... let's you find fossils, whether it be pokemon fossils or just fossil bones of dead animals... heh... oh and the uh... resurrection aura... lol... maybe give it a % chance and possibly having it fail-able too!) RHCP can think about the being able to find fossil thing since it was mentioned that fossils might just be quest rewards yada yada...

Advanced Professions:

- Scout (able to obtain information about rare pokemon within the area(doesn't mean you can catch them mind you); detect dangerously high lvl pokemon/trainers; this one might seem over the top but hey! lol)

- Ace/Specialist (become a specialist in one Pokemon type of choice and grant the same type of Pokemon a slight attack power with reduced defenses; this one might be a little over the top too but maybe we can tone it down or just ignore it)

- Enforcer/Protector (same as above but grants slight increase in defensive powers at the cost of attack power )

Maybe I'm thinking too much.... URGH! Time to go to sleep for real now... ...
I appreciate your thoughts about the professions~ Even though I don't think I'll implement those exact ones :) See, I think professions should invite character interaction rather than benefit the player themselves. It shouldn't be like a "class" of trainers, rather something they can do besides training to get extra money or friends. I'd love to see a guild of Anglers or Excavators starting up 8D

Haggler, Scout, Enforcer and Specialist feel kind of more like classes and not really like professions that can be useful towards other players. Excavator was a good name change for Explorer though, I think I'll go with that if the rest of you agree ^^

Indeed, spiffy but not at all necessary. Your SU had so much delicious text in it that it was equally beautiful~ Accepted!

Heh, I hope that not everyone tries to be an antagonist type player now ^^'

Waaah im so sorry i tried to do it yesterday then i had to work again and holy god i worked until midnight tonight and i start at 9 tomorrow and omg kjnasjdnsadsd

im going on a long car ride on saturday ILL BE TAKING MY LAPTOP GODDAMIT
lazy gurl do it
(I'm kidding, you're so diligent and busy working, remember to calm down and relax sometimes as well :3)

alright I have a free period today an my lunch, so I can get some solid work done. By the time I get home at the end of the day I tend to be so tired all I want to do is play awesomenauts. I'm just done thinking. anyway...

with the classes I'd say if you made excavator it should still be both stones and fossils, but just a different name. Maybe it should be a bit like gen 4's underground and that these people can get most of those items. Then draw back could be that items found are very location based. ex. a kabuto fossil could only be found in a coastal area (possibly only one town).

specialist could be cool, but have it be all positive bonuses, but you may only have one type of pokemon to get the buff. IF you have a mixed team then you're specialized type should get a very slight boost.

I'd suggest the collector as a class in that they'd have a minutely better chance at catching pokemon.

Also I'd like to ask about econemy. do we have to track our money or is it sort of "Oh I won a battle so I have some spare cash."
Let me know when your SU is finally complete. As for your comment about the spiffy css SUs, I'm not more likely to accept a styled up SU than a purely text based one, but text is for the eyes and I do find it more interesting and exciting to read if it also looks good. There's nothing strange about that, in my opinion :)

Yes, what I thought, just changing the profession name. I think we shouldn't call them classes, since I think trainers can switch between professions if they'd like (but then they'll loose all their skill points and have to start over!) and since they're not just meant to benefit the player himself but also let him benefit others with it.

As such, collector profession wouldn't really be necessary :) The Crafter profession can make pokéballs for themselves or others that can help with catch rates and whatnot.

It's sort of "oh I won a battle so now I can finally afford those flashy Revives in the store!" yes. It's up to your own moderation. If you think it's fun to pretend that you always have enough money for everything, go ahead. If you want to make the RP more challenging and realistic, you could pretend that your character is low on money sometimes and that could be the driving force to make them undertake a quest or challenge someone to a battle or other stuff. Yay! Makes sense?

IN OTHER NEWS as of today I'm finally on winter holiday!! I'm so happy to not have to think of molecules and medicines for one single little week before I have to start studying again... So I'm really, really eager to start this RP up as soon as possible now! I've said that I'll wait until Friday/Saturday though so if someone can't get their SU up tomorrow, we'll just wait until Saturday and it's totes ok~

Edit: Also, a reservee dropped out and machomuu is now reserved for the 10th spot.

Last edited:
Back