• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★Simple Vanilla★ - Normal Type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years
I'm back from my holiday, so time for my vote on the current featured Pokèmon!

Eevee

I hardly ever use Eevee or it's other forms in my in-game or competitive teams' but I do like it/them (if you include it's Eeveelutions) for the cuteness! :3 Each and every one of the forms are so different and unique in their own way - so my vote in Eevee is ... it's sexy and it knows it!

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Hi everyone! I'm back and ready to answer topics!

What's the strongest Normal Type?
Definitely Bidoof as, if I remember correctly, it was banned from certain tournaments due to it being 'to strong'! Because of it's Hidden-Ability Moody, it's stats can sky-rocket, while some plummet, thus being banned. Also, it can simply Yawn you to sleep, Destroy with Super or Hyper Fang and even become invincible with either Defense Curl, Amnesia or Work Up mixed in with it's Simple Ability.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
@ChocolateCrunch- The featured pokemon is already decided ;) Look at the OP

Hey guys I'm back! The member list will be updated soon and I'm happy to see a bunch of people joining!~

Well I think a new topic is in order. What do you think are some of the more unique normal types in your opinion?

Well, I think a new topic is in order

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Years
Hurray! NEW TOPIC TO ANSWER!!!

What do you think are some of the more unique normal types in your opinion?
I have about four that I think are unique, so let's start!

• [*]Porygon Evolutionary Line

Well, other than the fact it caused a whole evolutionary line to be discontinued from the anie, it is the only Pokemon to evolve twice via trading and is the only one able to evolve after trading. Also, Porygon2/Z are the some of the only Pokemon not to be debuted in any form of the anime (THose that have not debuted will have mostly debuted by July with M16 revealing Genesect and it's Pikachu Short revealing SYLVEON!!

[*]Smeargle

It can learn all moves in existence (except Struggle, Transform and Chatter), enough said.

[*]Castform

One of the first major Form Changers, after Unown, and also the first Pokemon to have it's form change via weather, followed closely by Cherubi/Cherrim.

[*]Deerling and Sawsbuck

It's unique in it's forms, as it changes forms with each season, unable to prevent this from happening and it is tied in second place for the most available forms with Deoxys and Castform, while in first is Rotom.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
For me, some of them are:

Ditto, the first Pokemon known to learn Transform, which could be useful to breeding.
Smeargle, which used Sketch to copy any moves.
Kecleon, which changes type if it is hit with any kind of type-move is based on.

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years

I agree with Wind Heart on Ditto as it is the first Pokémon that learns transform and it is amazing for breeding.
I also think Eevee as it has many unique and awesome forms! :D

CourageHound

Years
Answering the Topic:

I agree that pokemon such as Castform, smeargle, and porygon are some of the more unique normal types. Them having certain traits that let them stand out such as transforming or learning all moves etc. I'd also like to throw Kekleon and Meloetta out there for similar reasons.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Ooooh, kind of a hard topic here, since what makes the Normal typing so special, is the fact that most Normal types are unique. As a lot of people mentioned, Castform is an interesting Pokemon, solely because of its ability to change form and types. Kecleon shares the ability to change its typing, however its design stays the same, so it kinda just doesn't feel the same. The only other Pokemon sharing those abilities are entirely event-exclusive legendaries, so few people are able to obtain them, which is why I think Castform is much more popular in this respect, since all you need to get it is one of the generation three games. So Castform is definitely one, but Pokemon such as Ditto, Kecleon, Smeargle, Porygon (2, X) are all awesome as well, so lots to choose from :p

CourageHound

Years
The new topic is looking great so far!

But I think its time we had a new event for the club. Any suggestions?

Years
Name: Delta
Partner Pokemon: Wigglytuff, Munchlax, Azurill
Reason for Joining: Doing a Normal Ultimate Monotype Challenge has brought Normal types into a new light for me. I've started to have a greater appreciation for them. Oh, and the PMD2 games. Gotta love Guildmaster Wigglytuff.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Hyper Voice

Ditto is obviously unique, along with Castform and the Porygon family.
Also, I always thought Azurill was pretty unique, seeing as it evolves into a Water type, losing its Normal status.

Years
Welcome to the club Delta, what was the reason behind your Pokemon choices?

Also, going to answer the latest topic:

What do you think are some of the more unique Normal-types in your opinion?

Probably those who rely on some sort of gimmick, like Castform and Smeargle. Castform basically takes advantage of the weather to change its type and also power up its signature Weather Ball move, which also takes on the type Castform changed to (Fire in sun, Water in rain, Ice in hail, and even Rock in sandstorms even though there's no form for it). Smeargle can learn almost any move in existence through Sketch, and it's handy for passing egg moves down to most Pokemon, since most Pokemon share Smeargle's egg group, which is Field. Also Deerling and Sawsbuck with their seasonal form changes, which isn't much aside from appearance, but they hit pretty hard and are fast as well. Ditto's transformation abilities can turn it into a revenge killer under the right conditions, plus it's a handy asset in breeding given it can breed with anything not in the No Eggs group.

Years
Ooh, I forgot about Smeargle! Definitely a unique Pokemon. The concept behind Sketch is very interesting to me.
Swablu is also unique in the same sense as Azurill, with it losing its Normal type upon evolving.

Welcome to the club Delta, what was the reason behind your Pokemon choices?

Wigglytuff- If you've played any of the PMD2 games, you would know. Wigglytuff is amazing.
Munchlax- I loved the concept of Snorlax, I just always thought it was too...big. Muchlax is a nice size, with the same general idea as Snorlax. Perfect!
Azurill- It's just so cute! "Polka Dot Pokemon" ....How can you not love that? :P

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years
The new topic is looking great so far!

But I think its time we had a new event for the club. Any suggestions?

Does the Featured Pokémon act as like, the Club Mascot? If not, we could have an event were we have a selection of sexy Normal types and then vote for a mascot. Just thought it up while eating my lunch earlier. ^-^

CourageHound

Years
Name: Delta
Partner Pokemon: Wigglytuff, Munchlax, Azurill
Reason for Joining: Doing a Normal Ultimate Monotype Challenge has brought Normal types into a new light for me. I've started to have a greater appreciation for them. Oh, and the PMD2 games. Gotta love Guildmaster Wigglytuff.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Hyper Voice

Ditto is obviously unique, along with Castform and the Porygon family.
Also, I always thought Azurill was pretty unique, seeing as it evolves into a Water type, losing its Normal status.

Welcome to the club!

And yea, I somehow managed to overlook Azurill who evolves into water type upon evolution. Funny story about Azuril. I was using Azuril in my Black 2 Team and it just so happened that my azuril was female. A lot of people dont know this but Azuril is the only pokemon with a 1/3 chance of changing gender upon evolution to Marill. When my little Azuril evolved, to my shock, a little later I discovered it changed to male! I was baffled and confused till I took a trip to bulbapedia :P. So azurill is definately unique!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think we nee another event? The whole voting thing was fun, but maybe a competition of sorts? That's just my thoughts, but it would be REALLY fun!

My thoughts exactly. I'm trying to think of a new event now. We have a bunch of members so we could have something really creative. Remember anyone can suggest new club event ideas.

Does the Featured Pokémon act as like, the Club Mascot? If not, we could have an event were we have a selection of sexy Normal types and then vote for a mascot. Just thought it up while eating my lunch earlier. ^-^

It was originally going to be the club mascott but since the winner was eevee I changed it to "featured pokemon" due to it feeling kinda awkward having eevee as our mascott and theres already an Eevee/Eeveelution fanclub. I was going to ask Aryan143 if having eevee as our mascott would be ok with him but for whatever reason his club is down. So if anyone would want a club mascott now, then that would be ok.

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Years
In response to people's topic posts, I didn't pick Ditto or Azurill for one specific reason, they're have other duplicates of what makes them special. For example, Transform is exclusive to Ditto? WRONG! Mew can learn Transform also, and that's where the whole 'Ditto are failed clones of Mew' conspiracy came from. Oh, and it's still in the same Evolutionary line, but Marill can change gender upon evolution as well.

CourageHound

Years
Oh, and it's still in the same Evolutionary line, but Marill can change gender upon evolution as well.

Yea'd i'd still count that as being unique imo. Its family-line changes gender.

EDIT: Also ChocolateCrunch and Eeveelution-Co-ordinator have reached 10 posts so the first star will be rewarded(...when my CPU stops acting up)

Last edited:

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Name: Galoria
Partner Pokemon: Elly the Eevee, Doudou the Minccino, Kittie the Skitty
Reason for Joining: They're so many animals, and all pretty unique. In my opinion, there are a huge amount of cute Pokémon in this type. They can change forms, use transform, Arceus and its items, unique abilities like Meloetta, changing forms during seasons etc... . That make them pretty unique.
Answer the current topic: I would say Ditto. Many are pretty unique but this one is more unique. A part of Mew, it can transform when it is sended out into many kind of Pokémon and sometimes, outspeed them to revenge and OHKO easily.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Wish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back