• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?

Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?

• Dialga

Votes: 37 33.3%
  • Palkia

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Giratina

Votes: 51 45.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Not only did Giratina have one of my favorite typings in Ghost/Dragon, but it had its very own world- arguably one of the most interesting places in any of the Pokemon games. I also much preferred Giratina's Origin Forme design to that of either Dialga or Palkia's (though I was only lukewarm about the Altered Forme).

Despite agreeing with all of those reasons, I prefer Dialga. I like offensive steel-types (Sinnoh was brilliant for giving me Dialga and Lucario), and although Giratina's typing was more unusual (although both are unique), and it had its own world, I prefer Dialga due to its movepool, and also because I chose Diamond over Pearl initially due to finding Dialga far more appealing than Palkia. Plus the music in the area where you find Giratina in DP just creeps me out too much :(

Years
It's a close call between Giratina and Dialga. Both look very cool but Giratina gets my vote because of the origin form. Again, it's a very close call and, maybe I could've picked Dialga on some other day.

Palkia, on the other hand, suffers from terrible design, unfortunately.

Years
I don't really like any of them but if I had to choose I'd go with Dialga. I liked its design more than the other two. :'<

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Definitely Giratina, not only because it was my 4th gen. game, but also because he's actually AN EVIL LEGENDARY.

I mean come on, the guy got banned from the overworld for being too badass. Then, when awakened, he saves the whole of Sinnoh from being destroyed by an equally badass villain.

CAN YOU GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT? YES.

The guy has two forms, both epic-looking. He has an exclusive item ALL FOR HIMSELF. And get this: he has three immunities: Ground, fighting, and normal. And that ain't no Shedinja stuff, mind you!

Years
I like Giratina the most. It's just so cool! It has a different form and it lives in an alternate dimension! It's design is also pretty good as well. It's also mighty powerful. My second would have to be Palkia because Pokemon Pearl was my first 4th Gen game, and the first legendary I have ever caught! I sucked at catching them so that's why Palkia was my first legendary. I like it's design and it's also pretty epic in my opinion. Dialga would take third out of all three of the dragons. It's not that I hate it or anything, I actually like it. It's just not my favorite. I also don't really have much to say, as I would be basically repeating what I said about Palkia without the first legendary stuff. :P

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
What the hell is a pakia?

Palkia is definitely my favourite. I find the ability to be able to warp the fabric of space something insanely powerful. I also think the fact it's a flying T-Rex and that Spacial Rend is probably one of best moves in the game helps.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I like Palkia better. In my opinion, it has a better design than the other two. Also, its signature move, Spacial Rend, has a huge chance of landing critical hits. If it uses this move on either Giratina or Dialga and it turns out to be a critical hit, then they could be taken out instantly.

Giratina is my second favorite of the trio. It has two separate forms, it has a world of its own, and its background is quite interesting. There are many more reasons to like this Pokémon, but these are just a few. =)

Years
I've always liked Palkia more than Dialga, with its Spacial Rend and I like its design more. Hence why my Pearl version is my main game, along with Platinum, though Dialga is #2 for me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
Giratina has got to be one of my favorite pokemon. Hands down Giratina.
I just celebrated mine's 5th birthday :D july 29th 2008.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
My favorite's Dialga. First off, he just looks plain cool. He's all spiky and if science has proven anything is that people think spiky stuff are cool. Secondly, is his concept. Honestly, if ANYBODY said they didn't want to control time at some point they'd be lying. Lastly, is since he is the master of time, it gives me a good excuse to listen to the Pink Floyd song called Time. Hooray for having to find excuses for no reason!

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I'm a Water-type user, my vote naturally goes to Palkia.
Giratina is not bad too, especially in Origin Forme.
I like it's wide movepool and it's base stats are great!
Besides I have a thing for serpent creatures, not a favorite.
Gyarados, Milotic, Dragonair, Giratina, Servine. :D

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
Years
Despite agreeing with all of those reasons, I prefer Dialga. I like offensive steel-types (Sinnoh was brilliant for giving me Dialga and Lucario), and although Giratina's typing was more unusual (although both are unique), and it had its own world, I prefer Dialga due to its movepool, and also because I chose Diamond over Pearl initially due to finding Dialga far more appealing than Palkia. Plus the music in the area where you find Giratina in DP just creeps me out too much :(

^ everything that was said here minus the part about Giratina's music.
I'm not too fond of dragon types but I do adore steel types. And a steel type that can dish out some damage like Dialga is okay in my books.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Giratina, especially in Origin Forme, is my absolute favorite pokemon of all time. I mean, have you seen him?! Great stats, great moves, and, in my opinion, the best design of any pokemon. Giratina looks like a beast!

LegendaryDragonTrainer

Giygogagohgwooh!
Years
Definitely...

All the three of them are great legendary pokemon, but there is nothing that could ever beat giratina. I mean... It's just awesome! :D

Back