• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
I'll post it when it's ready.

Incidently, I only got back from town about 2 days ago from a 2 week vacation. It was the last bit of summer before my sister had to go back to school, so I wanted to spend some time with her.

I'll keep you guys posted, but I won't post a demo until it's ready. I promise that it'll be soon, but there's still some bugs to work out.

ChiKouu

Froslass Trainer
Years
I see that a lot of good things happened last month!
I'm very glad to see that you have decided to continue this project! Looking forward to the new demo.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Glad to hear you've gone back to work on this; ironically, I've been gone for quite a while, so I never even noticed....heh heh.

Even nicer to finally see the designs of some of those Fakemons I hadn't gotten to see last time. ^_^

thepsynergist

Years
Glad to hear you've gone back to work on this; ironically, I've been gone for quite a while, so I never even noticed....heh heh.

Even nicer to finally see the designs of some of those Fakemons I hadn't gotten to see last time. ^_^

Thanks. =D

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I've been hard at work trying to get a job. I've found solace in working in a local fish and chips restaurant, and I'm really hoping that works out.

In the meantime, I want to talk about my plans for the 7th town in the game.

Since the region is based on the Kyushu region of the real world, I've come to the part of the map where the 7th gym lies. This gym would take place in Ikasa City (an anagram of the city of Nagasaki) where Amnest, the evolution of Absol (yeah, I know, mega-absol is the new evo, but I had this idea since 2010 or so), has destroyed the city, and left it in shambles.

Adam, the gym leader of Ikasa, managed to capture the Pokemon in a fierce battle, but he wasn't able to save the city. All surrounding plant life and habitats for Pokemon were destroyed in this battle, and as such, Pokemon in this section of the region can't be found in grass. Instead, Ikasa City was rebuilt underground, with a full transit rail connecting the 7th and 8th citys (have yet to come up with my city name.) Pokemon in this area of the region will still be able to be caught in the wild, but they were forced to live in the sewers and alleyways of the city.

After you get your 6th gym badge, you are confronted by Giovanni, who surrendered to the Mask of Ice's plan of domination of Team Rocket. He then reveals a close secret to Silver, which angered him greatly (if you know of Silver's past from the Manga/Games, then you know already, but whatever.) You escape on the Team Rocket Transit Rail and find yourself in the new section of Kyushu, with the main goal of rescuing Yellow from the clutches of the Mask of Ice, and exact the revenge Silver had sought for so long.

Hopefully this will tide you over. I've been having less and less time to work on this project, but I promise that I won't let this project die, no matter how long it takes me to complete it.

I still make music if anyone wants to check out my youtube page. I've done many orchestrations, and I even uploaded a track regarding Xiades's hideout. I've the same username for Pokecommunity as I do for Youtube, so I won't be hard to find.

thepsynergist

Years
I blame Nintendo for my absence of working on Pokemon Pyrite.

I've spent upwards of 105 hours so far on Pokemon Y, and I'm trying to get a good team going. Once I make time to work on this game again, I'll post an update. In the mean time, here's my FC: 4468-1296-3789

Let's get more friend safari Poke's. Just PM me your FC if you want my friend safari pokes.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I blame Nintendo for my absence of working on Pokemon Pyrite.

I've spent upwards of 105 hours so far on Pokemon Y, and I'm trying to get a good team going. Once I make time to work on this game again, I'll post an update. In the mean time, here's my FC: 4468-1296-3789

Let's get more friend safari Poke's. Just PM me your FC if you want my friend safari pokes.

This feel, I know it all to well.

Regardless, It's good to see Pyrite coming back.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 21, 2014
Greetings from months and months after the last message! I do hope that this project is still being kept up whenever you spare time for it, theypsynergist. I understand that life takes priority, but this game looks really damn cool. Just gazing at the Fakemon presented on the main post impresses me very much. And the notion of the plot of this game is highly interesting. Besides, now that Nintendo has announced Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I'd guess that one wouldn't want that interrupting your progress as X and Y did. And the summer is dead ahead, so perhaps, before or after you've taken a vacation as most people do during the summer, then one could find time to do something. But it is all up to you. I wish you well.

thepsynergist

Years
Greetings from months and months after the last message! I do hope that this project is still being kept up whenever you spare time for it, theypsynergist. I understand that life takes priority, but this game looks really damn cool. Just gazing at the Fakemon presented on the main post impresses me very much. And the notion of the plot of this game is highly interesting. Besides, now that Nintendo has announced Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I'd guess that one wouldn't want that interrupting your progress as X and Y did. And the summer is dead ahead, so perhaps, before or after you've taken a vacation as most people do during the summer, then one could find time to do something. But it is all up to you. I wish you well.
It's been a while since I last worked on it, and I had plans on publically releasing the unfinished product.

Every time I open the project, I get stuck on what do do next. I've lost almost all interest in the project...

EDIT: Game Finished, removed spoilers.

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Years
I would like to announce that my fan game, Pokemon Pyrite, after 8 years, has finally been completed. Feel free to check out the announcement trailer which contains the download link in the description. I want to thank you all for your support. Let's get this viral!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 23, 2016
i love this game so much i already have 4 badges and i really love the story but i have 2 questions
1- how to evolve pachirisu?
2- is there any way to buy rare candy?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I just downloaded the game, curious of how it goes. I like the starters you have the chance to steal. Does Silver remain a crook throughout the game or does he turn on Team Rocket to tie in with the official games?

thepsynergist

Years
i love this game so much i already have 4 badges and i really love the story but i have 2 questions
1- how to evolve pachirisu?
2- is there any way to buy rare candy?

Pachirisu evolves by level up, level 30.
Rare Candies can be obtained in the card shop and the game corner for 5000 coins each. You're really close to being able to get to the Touhou Minigame. You can get up to 900 coins per run on that if you're really good at bullet hell games.

I just downloaded the game, curious of how it goes. I like the starters you have the chance to steal. Does Silver remain a crook throughout the game or does he turn on Team Rocket to tie in with the official games?

Once Silver regains his memories (at least parts of them), he'll begin to question Team Rocket. That's all the spoilers I'll give. =p

thepsynergist

Years
EMERGENCY PATCH!

Go to the Data folder of Pokemon Pyrite and replace map476.rxdata with this one. http://www.mediafire.com/file/7nbcec74xim8cto/Map476.rxdata

There's an event that's REALLY important that mistakenly was set to autorun instead of player touch. You'll need it for the end game reveal.

I'll replace the download link with the appended map later today, but for those that don't want to redownload the whole thing, just replace this one map. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Back