• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
That happens even in clear new version... don't sweat it.

No it doesn't. Or at least, not that we're aware of. To the best of our knowledge, all of these bugs should be fixed, but we can't retrospectively repair the Pokédex. If you still have this bug happen, do tell. :)

Glyph Reader

Holder of the Seven Glyphs
Years
Converting the old game into the latest beta is sort of banned by the creators because the game will get glitched

Yes, there is a secret area inside which teleport's you into an old abandoned island where you have to find that Bell

Where exactly is this teleport spot and how do I get there exactly? I would be very grateful if you did so.

EDIT: I found it, nevermind.

Last edited:
Years
Please I need help, I beat E4 and Champion and after that I cant continue my journey to Konto because its end of the game and after "credits" I can only start new game.
The problem could be because I was saving game in my GBA not in game through the game panel control. My last save was after I beat Lance. Is it posible to play more or I need start everything over again? :(

PS. I love this hack, it's perfect remake of my fav official Pokemon game. Truly great job <3
Have you saw the game saving itself when you registered your pokes in Hall of Fame?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
No it doesn't. Or at least, not that we're aware of. To the best of our knowledge, all of these bugs should be fixed, but we can't retrospectively repair the Pokédex. If you still have this bug happen, do tell. :)
I thought I already informed you of this...
Or maybe someone else and I was just adding that it happens to me as well.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
What would be cool is if you updated this to a DS hack, hacked from Heart Gold or Soul Silver. They have better and updated graphics. I realize then it will require a complete overhaul. But it will be so wort it. See for DS there's Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but no Crystal. So yours would fit in nicely. Plus, then I could put it on my DS flash drive and play it. I don't have a GBA flash drive.

Charzar

Fire Dragon
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Is the full game out?
I'm loving the graphics, and in-battle look !!

Please I need help, I beat E4 and Champion and after that I cant continue my journey to Konto because its end of the game and after "credits" I can only start new game.
The problem could be because I was saving game in my GBA not in game through the game panel control. My last save was after I beat Lance. Is it posible to play more or I need start everything over again? :(

PS. I love this hack, it's perfect remake of my fav official Pokemon game. Truly great job <3

If you play on VBA emulator:

1. You should delete a ".sav" file of the game, if you have one.
2. Go to: Options->Emulator->Save Type and check "Automatic" and "Flash 128k" (a "V" on the left)
3. Now, you have to redo your battle with the champ, and hopefully it will save/load.
4. If it doesn't, save in-game before battling champion, and reset game, and see if the save file is there, if it is there; close the emulator, and reopen, and play from the in-game save.
5. Now it should be normal.

I'm sorry if you find this messy, but I'm just trying to help :)

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I thought I already informed you of this...
Or maybe someone else and I was just adding that it happens to me as well.

No, I'm asking you for specifics since I can't get any such bugs to appear in the game now. Upgrading from an older version will always cause this due to changes, but such is the risk you take when playing a beta version of a product.

What I'm asking for is specifics of where you still get the wrong Pokémon being registered so that I can go about trying to fix them. So, if you're getting it, tell me where and how and I'll try to fix it.

Years
What would be cool is if you updated this to a DS hack, hacked from Heart Gold or Soul Silver. They have better and updated graphics. I realize then it will require a complete overhaul. But it will be so wort it. See for DS there's Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but no Crystal. So yours would fit in nicely. Plus, then I could put it on my DS flash drive and play it. I don't have a GBA flash drive.
It is very easy to play this man. You just need a VBA emulator and a GBA ROM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
No, I'm asking you for specifics since I can't get any such bugs to appear in the game now. Upgrading from an older version will always cause this due to changes, but such is the risk you take when playing a beta version of a product.

What I'm asking for is specifics of where you still get the wrong Pokémon being registered so that I can go about trying to fix them. So, if you're getting it, tell me where and how and I'll try to fix it.
I would like to help you but I'm afraid, I cannot...
It's been a while since I played LC... Although, I do remember that it happened with many Pokemon... there was no specification...

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2014
On final version this game will have something like battle frontier?

I really like the hack but I love when a big challenge is waiting for me after all the game like on emerald or flora sky :3

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022

I have updated graphics at least for a few sprites that could go for a Crystal DS remake, but not much else.

Years
On final version this game will have something like battle frontier?

I really like the hack but I love when a big challenge is waiting for me after all the game like on emerald or flora sky :3
How can this game has a Battle Frontier. Man this is a FireRed ROM based hack not the Ruby or Emerald one. Secondly as a Crystal remake in Kanto and Johto, the Battle Frontier makes no sense in it. By the way it has a Battle Tower if you wanna try it but I heard it is buggy in there

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I wanted to wait until April Fools was over so I could post this message.

I've come to a few decisions that most people probably won't like. As much as I like rom hacking and working on LC, I need to start concentrating fully on the rest of my life. Ever since beginning rom hacking my personal life has been greatly affected, both physically and mentally. I try my best to keep a bright face for all my fans and to continue to work on stuff as much as possible, but it's tough trying to keep up with everything all the time. You can only push yourself so far before you reach a point where you have to stop.

I'll be 22 years old in less than a month and I need to start moving forward with my life. I've worked on LC for almost 6 years, during which time I was not able to properly dedicate myself to anything else. My personal interests as well as studies started to decline to the point where days pass by and nothing is done. Eventually, I was unable to keep working on LC in the capacity I had done around 2009 when releasing Beta 2.1. For these last 3-4 years I've been stuck, not being able to fully work on LC but also not being able to move on and start anything else.

I don't know if you guys remember, but on the 10th of October 2010 at 10:10:10 I posted the Liquid Crystal Continuation Program. This was after I had the first signs that I couldn't carry on without damaging myself further. So I tried to get out of it and released that. But, that didn't help me get out of it. I was addicted to rom hacking and came back a month later after becoming bored.

I wanted to finish LC by the end of 2010, and I could have done it if I worked as much as I did originally. Studies got in the way, I felt mentally and physically drained from all the projects I was involved in, and I lost motivation to hack most of the time. The amount that was accomplished during the last 4 years was not comparable to the progress from years before, and this made me sad every day that I was no longer the LaZ I used to be.

Even during my free time, I was unable to settle down and get work done. I wasn't even able to commit to small things like playing games and watching TV. I was just sitting around in limbo watching the days pass by being paralyzed by all my thoughts. Some days are better than others of course, where I'm able to work on LC for a short period while I have the energy and drive to do it.

For these reasons I've decided to take a hiatus from rom hacking until further notice. This means that the development of LC will stop as well. I've spoken to the other members of the LC team (Zeikku, Jambo51, FIQ) and they are aware of my decision. My main focus needs to be university and building my life in game development. By this time next year I need to be making a living and surviving or I'll end up on the streets with no job.

Rest assured, people will still be able to download LC from Linkandzelda.com in it's current form. You can still submit bugs in the same places as before, and the RHO Social page will continue to remain open. Why? Because I'll be back at some point in the future, after I have a chance to stop thinking about LC for a while. In a few days time I'll request the thread to be closed.

In addition to this I will be stopping pretty much all my other projects in some way or another, except for those related to game development: my core focus for my life.

Lot's of people will be sad and will probably disagree with this outcome. But, this is my choice and my decision. I've reflected enough upon this and this is what I want to do.

I hope people are considerate of my decision and I thank everyone who has worked with me over these years; it's been truly irreplaceable.

Regards,
Linkandzelda

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
LaZ, I want to let you know that I wish you good luck in the future. I have showed a few of my non-hacker friends LC and they absolutly love it. You did a really great job. I understand completely why you are leaving, so make sure you hit them hard! I want to see you in the credits for a game withen a year:p.

I feel like I just got here and already I have seen so many hackers drop out. So, go get them and make sure you don't get left out on the street!!! I already look forward to the day you return (possibly with some secrets from Nintendo?:p).

Good luck,
Roger a.k.a. Karatekid552

Last edited:

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
I wanted to wait until April Fools was over so I could post this message.

I've come to a few decisions that most people probably won't like. As much as I like rom hacking and working on LC, I need to start concentrating fully on the rest of my life. Ever since beginning rom hacking my personal life has been greatly affected, both physically and mentally. I try my best to keep a bright face for all my fans and to continue to work on stuff as much as possible, but it's tough trying to keep up with everything all the time. You can only push yourself so far before you reach a point where you have to stop.

I'll be 22 years old in less than a month and I need to start moving forward with my life. I've worked on LC for almost 6 years, during which time I was not able to properly dedicate myself to anything else. My personal interests as well as studies started to decline to the point where days pass by and nothing is done. Eventually, I was unable to keep working on LC in the capacity I had done around 2009 when releasing Beta 2.1. For these last 3-4 years I've been stuck, not being able to fully work on LC but also not being able to move on and start anything else.

I don't know if you guys remember, but on the 10th of October 2010 at 10:10:10 I posted the Liquid Crystal Continuation Program. This was after I had the first signs that I couldn't carry on without damaging myself further. So I tried to get out of it and released that. But, that didn't help me get out of it. I was addicted to rom hacking and came back a month later after becoming bored.

I wanted to finish LC by the end of 2010, and I could have done it if I worked as much as I did originally. Studies got in the way, I felt mentally and physically drained from all the projects I was involved in, and I lost motivation to hack most of the time. The amount that was accomplished during the last 4 years was not comparable to the progress from years before, and this made me sad every day that I was no longer the LaZ I used to be.

Even during my free time, I was unable to settle down and get work done. I wasn't even able to commit to small things like playing games and watching TV. I was just sitting around in limbo watching the days pass by being paralyzed by all my thoughts. Some days are better than others of course, where I'm able to work on LC for a short period while I have the energy and drive to do it.

For these reasons I've decided to take a hiatus from rom hacking until further notice. This means that the development of LC will stop as well. I've spoken to the other members of the LC team (Zeikku, Jambo51, FIQ) and they are aware of my decision. My main focus needs to be university and building my life in game development. By this time next year I need to be making a living and surviving or I'll end up on the streets with no job.

Rest assured, people will still be able to download LC from Linkandzelda.com in it's current form. You can still submit bugs in the same places as before, and the RHO Social page will continue to remain open. Why? Because I'll be back at some point in the future, after I have a chance to stop thinking about LC for a while. In a few days time I'll request the thread to be closed.

In addition to this I will be stopping pretty much all my other projects in some way or another, except for those related to game development: my core focus for my life.

Lot's of people will be sad and will probably disagree with this outcome. But, this is my choice and my decision. I've reflected enough upon this and this is what I want to do.

I hope people are considerate of my decision and I thank everyone who has worked with me over these years; it's been truly irreplaceable.

Regards,
Linkandzelda

Being someone from the same generation as you, I totally understand. I'm turning 22 as well in a few months and the amount of stress I have because of college classes and software testing studies is too much for me. This obstacle prevented me from working on my own rom hack, a dream I had since I was a kid. It's not easy when there's so much to do and so little time. So I kind of get where you're coming from. Although this news may be unfortunate for us, the community definitely appreciates all the work that you have contributed. You made one of the greatest hacks I have ever had the privilege of laying my eyes on, and during times of depression it helped me relieve some stress with its nostalgic qualities and extras. Thank you for all your hard work and efforts even while having so much weight on your shoulders. I wish you success in your goals and hope everything goes the way you planned.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I hardly know you, and I haven't contributed your progress on LC by cheering you up during the years. Yet, I wanted to say that you've taken the right step ahead, although it may have been difficult to do.

I've also pondered these same things as you have. I'm also turning 22 before the summer, and have quite a lot of university studies to take care of. Rom hacking is fun, but it has to be kept on the background, with all the other possible interests.

I personally do most of my homework with a computer these days. So occasionally, I find myself a good excuse for not continuing them by starting to do rom hacking instead. Luckily, I have had enough time to catch up with my studies, even if I slacked off for a little while.

But I do sympatize your feelings and if I was in your shoes, I'd do the same thing. Yet, I wouldn't feel "right" about doing this either..

You've got a lot of fans wanting see Liquid Crystal being complete one day. But if you view LC from another aspect, it's just a game anyway, all of these are. It's not like it's going to ruin anyone's life unless you finish it, so it's a way better to focus on putting everything in life back to piece for now.
Personally, I have my own life going on pretty well so I can prioritisize hacking quite high. But more importantly, I make sure to keep in touch with my friends, do sports and get good grades at school, and have even decided to form a family in the near future for that matter.

But, this is how life is. As cruel as it sounds, no one can just assume everything going in the way intended.

I can't really symphatize with the fans liking Liquid Crystal, I've never been that much into playing hacks myself. But, I want you to know that I do feel bad about the fact that you to have to cancel the job without your own will to do it. But like you've also realized yourself, that's for the best for now.

So, until you've gotten your life in a situation you don't have to worry about things such as "Is rom hacking going to this out of me?", you should just keep hacking away and focus on more important aspects in life. That's all just what I think though.

But in any case, I wish you best of luck! Hopefully, you find the time to get back to the scene later.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2013
help me.Please.Somebody help me.I have no idea what to do with the clock!I haven't set the clock and I'm in orange island.I want to go back to Jhoto but the undersea express is due to arrive in "10 minutes".These 10 minutes don't pass without a clock!!I tried to turn it to real time clock but nothing happenned.Please don't tell me I have to start a new game.

Back