• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I do love wearing a new theme. :)
I'd like more of those walk-in double battles, as well. They were littered everywhere in Emerald and then there are like...two or three in games to follow? Haha. I figure that was to capitalize on the new double battles at the time. Ahhhh I love double battles so much. ;o;
Yeah I like having the option to do a double battle or fight one on one when I need to raise a specific Pokemon more. It's a nice dynamic feature of the middle games in the Pokemon series.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
OMG I just finally bred my Shiny Umbreon! Which is totally not a hint on what my next Ultimate Solo is going to be about, by the way.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
"Just who's side are you on, Ghetsis?"
-Archie, 2014
Spoiler:

Oh the joys of playing Emerald with the Trainer name Ghetsis. :3

Years
And speaking of Ghetsis...well, I admit it. I finally got something wrong regarding BW2. x_x I was battling him in my Wedlocke and thought his Eelektross had Dragon Claw, but it doesn't (I only found out afterwards that it had Flamethrower instead). My Flygon, which I just added, and my Crobat which I had since before the third badge died against him. The former to Hydreigon and the latter to Seismitoad while it was badly weakened. And yet, I don't feel as sad as I should, but only because it gives me a chance to use something that will help me more against the league.

You can laugh at me for getting something wrong. And wow this is the thread's 5000th post. Not a very good one :P

Tek

Years
Just noticed that my roommate has book on Celtic Myths... anyone wanna collab on yet another mythology challenge? :]

I'd start it myself but I want to finish up some challenges before I take on any more.

For that reason, I'm also not planning on starting up a South American mythology challenge for a while. But if someone else wants to start it, I can help with the research and whatnot.

These challenges are fun to write cause you learn about the culture as you study the mythos... never expected that playing Pokémon would lead me to actually educate myself.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hello, I realize I've been away for a while. This is because my computer broke, unfortunately, and it's really discouraged me from all things having to do with PC. But, it should be fixed this weekend, so I should be back to do more challenges ^_^

Also, the WoW challenge really hasn't really been developed much ever since my laptop broke, but expect it to be done at least by mid-June (motivation can be really lacking sometimes). I could still use some help on trait adaptation, though (fricking goblins >:()

Tek, I would be willing to collab :D On either/both Celtic and/or SA. Btw, there are a LOT of Celtic gods, divided into Gaulish and Brythonic, Welsh, Gaelic, and Celtiberian, adding up to about 240 gods, give or take a few. And there are about 61 South American gods. Is this good for diversity, or bad for extremely long lists? Keep in mind that a lot of the Celtic gods are practically the same in their purpose.

Could someone, um, maybe fill me in on what I missed? Thanks.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm revisiting the idea of doing a Godzilla themed challenge, but I personally don't think it's something I could get to work effectively without explicitly specifying what Pokemon equate to what monsters, and that would just not be fun to play. :/

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
am I insane or what? on my happiny (unevolved happiny) solo I got HP fire, leaving me to fight a gym with- I never had this problem before- god-awful type coverage. normal/fire is resisted by rock, which by the way, is the type of the first gym. not to mention base 15 special attack, and it's physical has a bit more power, but rock-types have high defense, and it has base 5 attack as well. confusion hax is my only hope (well, that and a SINGLE x-defend)

jzxuro.png

this is the hardest run I've ever attempted. this is not in the solo thread because I'm hoping to get post 2500.

Last edited:

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Hey juys, how about a collaborative catch 'em all 718 Challenge. Here's how it goes. Players can collaborate in different games to catch 'em all. The challenge captain will keep a scorecard providing the catcher, the game used, and the location of the Pokemon caught. The Pokemon will be listed in National Dex Order. Once the scorecard is completed. A new captain may take point and start the challenge over with a new scorecard. How's that sound?

Oh, and no emulators aloud.

And further clarity, FireRed, LeafGreen, and any Game boy Color games (First 2 Generations) should not be allowed.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hey juys, how about a collaborative catch 'em all 718 Challenge. Here's how it goes. Players can collaborate in different games to catch 'em all. The challenge captain will keep a scorecard providing the catcher, the game used, and the location of the Pokemon caught. The Pokemon will be listed in National Dex Order. Once the scorecard is completed. A new captain may take point and start the challenge over with a new scorecard. How's that sound?

And further clarity, FireRed, LeafGreen, and any Game boy Color games (First 2 Generations) should not be allowed.
Well, first of all, taking out emulators is gonna piss off about 75% of this forum, lmao!

Secondly, there's no reason to exclude Gens 1-3, most so on gen 3 since it can be imported from into newer games.

And finally we already have a 718 challenge. What you describe sounds less like a challenge and more like a collaborative effort. Maybe it belongs elsewhere though I honestly couldn't say where.

Proteun

Years

Hey, I actually thought this sounded quite nice but now I'm reading through it more carefully there are some points unclear.

First off, should a player start a new game when they want to participate? If so, you really can't stop them from using emulators. People want to go on with their normal game.

Second, why exactly would Game Boy games not be allowed? All of those are normal Pokemon games and they should not be excluded from a regular list. And, as Ghetsis pointed out, half of this forum play on emulators only, including me some months ago. If you take out those, you should at least give a good reason.

---

Also, laying in bed being depressed I thought of the PC Box challenge. Short version: You take your main game (X for me) and take the first Pokemon of your first 6 Boxes and use them as a team for your playthrough.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Also, laying in bed being depressed I thought of the PC Box challenge. Short version: You take your main game (X for me) and take the first Pokemon of your first 6 Boxes and use them as a team for your playthrough.
That's a cool idea, but it's also really easy to exploit. Anyone can easily change their first Pokemon from each box into whatever team they want to use. There might be a way to make the idea work but I'm too tired to think of it right now.

Going to bed, see y'all in the morning.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Transfer Challenge. Catch a team of 6 in Gen3, and then transfer them up to Gen6 to play the remake.

Now that I type this, it seems tedious to... perhaps that is the challenge. Anyways, it sounded good as an idea, but since traded pokemon level faster, I don't know if it would be challenging.

unless you can only use basic pokemon. A team of OG Ruby wurmples and lotads running amok.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Transfer Challenge. Catch a team of 6 in Gen3, and then transfer them up to Gen6 to play the remake.

Now that I type this, it seems tedious to... perhaps that is the challenge. Anyways, it sounded good as an idea, but since traded pokemon level faster, I don't know if it would be challenging.

unless you can only use basic pokemon. A team of OG Ruby wurmples and lotads running amok.
It's definitely a neat idea. I can't say how many people would be capable of doing this though. :/ It requires at least an older DS model and a 3DS, and to my knowledge most challengers just play on emulators. Course, we have a while before ORAS comes out, so maybe you can refine this concept by then. :D

Proteun

Years
That's a cool idea, but it's also really easy to exploit. Anyone can easily change their first Pokemon from each box into whatever team they want to use. There might be a way to make the idea work but I'm too tired to think of it right now.

I see that. At first I just wanted to say "I hope we can trust you" but thinking further, I would probably also cheat myself. o*_*o

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
I've been brain storming something around a "bullpen" challenge. Essentially, pokemon can't appear in a battle they've already participated in.

Ex:

You have your starter, and two other pokes, your rival has three pokemon. Your slot 1 fights his slot 1, once his is defeated you must switch yours out. Your starter must now remain in it's pokeball until the fight is over.

Exception: Like any good bullpen, you'll need an ace closer. Should always be last in your party, and can sub in to finish a fight, but only when your opponent has used 50% of his pokes.

There's a concept in here somewhere, and I've been playing around with it in the game but haven't got to the E4 (emerald) yet.

What it does is makes you really on type coverage and training all your guys. It's easy to beat a gym leader your strong against with one pokemon, but what about using 4 different ones.

I'm just not sure the E4 or Steven would be possible without mass over levelling

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I just did a little looking around at other forum sites with Challenge forums, and wow ours looks so much better organized than anyone else's, lmao. I can understand each player making a thread on like the Nuzlocke forums, but on a forum for all challenges our system makes way more sense. I also saw one where each challenge had a thread for each generation that someone can play on! XD

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I just did a little looking around at other forum sites with Challenge forums, and wow ours looks so much better organized than anyone else's, lmao. I can understand each player making a thread on like the Nuzlocke forums, but on a forum for all challenges our system makes way more sense. I also saw one where each challenge had a thread for each generation that someone can play on! XD
Well, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, the Challenge forum did have separate generation threads for monotype and solos and other popular challenges, too. Give thanks to Syd, Zam, and Myrrhman for compiling them into single threads!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm glad ours looks so much more neat and organized than other Challenge forums. Makes me feel like my efforts have really paid off. :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back