• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Ch. 35 - The Unnecessarily Surreal City - Pokémon Choice Quest 2

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Oh right, Pokémon also have emotions, we're such a terrible trainer oops.

Or... he's just pretending to be scared to distract Chansey so that we can easily catch her. Good job, H.A.N., I knew we could count on you! :D #3 it is!

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I'm not buying it! Behind that adorable exterior lies a heart of pure evil (remember a certain Mouse Pokémon?) ;b She's plotting something... W-wait, what if that's an Egg Bomb? D:

#3 We might not get another Chansey. ;)

Deep in the forest .... said:
Hi,i am newbie and this look fun!Cani i join?������
Woa chansey huh?So cute!Let's go with 3#

Sure you can. :D You can join any of our games whenever you like! ^_^ Welcome to Pokémon Trivia!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Interesting! You know what? We could totally make it our goal to capture every potential antagonist on this journey and brainwash them into becoming our minions. :D

#3!

Good job, H.A.N., I knew we could count on you! :D

...Hah. xD

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
  1. Be a wimp pacifist by refusing to fight. - 1 Vote (What a rare peaceful species to be a goodie goodie.)
4bc7bcc3874a0886e7f455790964f18c_400x400.jpeg

2. Let's try this again, shall we? Perhaps we can get more light on the situation...
wait a second, did I just...

tenor.gif

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Whoops, I sure shouldn't have forgotten about making an update on this. What's more, the recent issue with imgur no longer supporting image hotlinks in forums comes to my attention. As it affects the images in the site and threads that are using them -- including this one, I might be needing to reupload them through a site that shouldn't show broken images in return. ...But yeah, as I couldn't do so right now, I decided I'll be doing that at a later time.

In all honesty, I wasn't feeling well the moment I'm continuing what I like to do. Something along the lines of staying up late for two consecutive weeks put a strain that lasted long, but not long enough to put me out of the fence. Having both body and mind healthy is indeed a bliss, so to speak, it's important to not overwork ourselves and take a rest if things are going hectic. ...Unless you've somehow forgotten to do something important, then you shouldn't waste your time and do it now.

Enough bantering, here's the usual. Do mind that you can suggest nicknames now!

Is it necessary to interrupt?
  1. "Of course! We're in the middle of a battle! Pull yourself together and let's defeat her!"
  2. "On second thought, that isn't so bad. Maybe this can all be dealt without anyone getting hurt." - 1 Vote (The goodie goodie strikes again, but lacking power...)
  3. "Let's take this opportunity to throw a Poké Ball at that Chansey." - 7 Votes

Pokémon
2enck9j.png
Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

229MS.png
Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic (Houndoom) (♂) Status: Healthy, if Cuddles is away Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond

113MS.png
Chansey (♀) Status: Healthy Moves: Egg Bomb, Soft-Boiled, Counter, ???

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
×4 → ×3
Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
×3
Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Key Items
o6w7du.png
Casteliacone...? An ice cream received from a man in orange suit. It glows a radiant purple hue.

Bag_Lustrous_Orb_Sprite.png
Mysterious Orb A translucent sphere found inside the grotto near Shanama Town. What purpose could it serve?

Bag_Old_Rod_VI_Sprite.png
Old Rod Claimed to have been used valiantly by a certain Trainer of the past. Ordinary looking but durable.

Deaths: 1​
Chapter 28: Chansey the Third

There have been weirder things, and this is just about the average dose of weirdness taking the form of an adventure to the unknown. Your path is barred by a talking Pokémon known as Chansey. You, along with Cuddles and Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic, stand on the opposing side trying to defeat her. Things however took a rather complicated turn, prolonging the length of a conflict between 'probably' misunderstood factions.

In spite of her prejudice toward you and Cuddles, the Chansey appears more tender to your frightened Houndoom, tending him with an egg she offered. Though, Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic doesn't look comfortable with what's going on, even with her trying to console him, he only resisted in taking it. Watching them now is a waste of time, and if trying to break their moment with violence isn't an option...

...Of course! Why wouldn't anyone? You delve in your hand inside the bag, producing a Poké Ball after it resurfaces. With less input to your spontaneous gesture, you quickly throw the Poké Ball right at the Chansey.

"Whoa-" However, Chansey anticipated the incoming machine and swiftly avoided it. "Ha! You miss- ouch!" But the rough surfaces made the Poké Ball to ricochet back right onto her back, hard. She flinches, and the next thing that happens, is that she is misshapen into a white glow, pulling her into the aloft machine with an evident angry groan. The voice is put to a mute as soon as it closes itself, falls stiffly onto the floor, shakes violently, and as you withdraw Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic back to his own, the Poké Ball eventually stops followed with a sudden click.

Congratulations, you just caught a new Pokémon that's just as weird as your first! How very convenient! But even with her out of the way, you're kind of back to square one -- the branching paths in front of you. The middle path, where the Chansey seems to be coming from might lead you back to the surface somehow. That leaves with both right and left paths that are the ones you have yet to discover. Moreover, the mysterious voice is still within the air. Chansey might know something about 'it', though unlikely, there are circumstances where she could try rebelling over her new Trainer if given the chance now.

Sounds like you're back to what you're supposed to do -- making a choice. Now, what should you do?
  1. To the path on the left. Besides, Cuddles had a good feeling that there might be something in there.
  2. To the path on the right. Could it be the right way?
  3. To the path on the middle where Chansey comes from. It should lead you to the surface.

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
1) Nah-ah-ah! Not yet! Don't you fellows feel the need to explore more in-depth the place?
There could be items AND/OR experience! (also, moving on too quickly in EoT/D/S would probably have been a good way to get owned...)
Nicknames... you mean the former trainer didn't dignify her of one?
Okay, research time, let us hope in a proper name -.-
*miniremo noises* 💻
Spoiler:

HyperMorian said:
The goodie goodie strikes again, but lacking power...
thumbnail.php

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Whoa, I can't believe we've almost hit 30 chapters already! Great work as always, Morian! Thanks for putting so much energy into this game! :D

Anyway, I think #1 is worth checking out! After all, we still have no idea why Cuddles was drawn towards that direction in the first place. As for Chansey's nickname... I guess I'll throw in "Deus Ex Machina" as a suggestion! Maybe that might just save our skin sometime in the future. ;)

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
...And here I was waiting for some name suggestions, and I only got a 'few'. (Please do mind that I only take one per user, so suggesting multiple nicknames at the same time will only make my job harder... Though these do look good for 'something else', hehe.) This is soon becoming a tradition that not everyone noticed that they could try giving a nickname after a Pok?mon is potentially caught. :sadpepe:

Things have picked up, however, as I'm ready to do another a bit earlier than recently. And to see that we've almost hit 30 chapters in this forum game, I guess I can say I failed to notice how I can be so invested in doing this even if laziness does get in the way. So...what do I say when it reaches a certain milestone?

Thank you for playing.

Sounds like you're back to what you're supposed to do -- making a choice. Now, what should you do?
  1. To the path on the left. Besides, Cuddles had a good feeling that there might be something in there. - 3 Votes (That was close.)
  2. To the path on the right. Could it be the right way? - 0 Vote (Nobody cares about the right way, it seems.)
  3. To the path on the middle where Chansey comes from. It should lead you to the surface. - 4 Votes

Pok?mon
2enck9j.png
Cuddles (Wailmer) (?) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

229MS.png
Hairy Arachnid Nanoscopic (Houndoom) (?) Status: Healthy, if Cuddles is away Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond

113MS.png
Chansey (?) Status: Angry Moves: Egg Bomb, Soft-Boiled, Counter, ???

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
Pok?Dollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
?3
Pok? Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pok?mon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
?3
Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Key Items
o6w7du.png
Casteliacone...? An ice cream received from a man in orange suit. It glows a radiant purple hue.

Bag_Lustrous_Orb_Sprite.png
Mysterious Orb A translucent sphere found inside the grotto near Shanama Town. What purpose could it serve?

Bag_Old_Rod_VI_Sprite.png
Old Rod Claimed to have been used valiantly by a certain Trainer of the past. Ordinary looking but durable.

Deaths: 1​
Ch. 29: Back to the Terminal

The time spent to make a move is now over with a conclusion; that you will pick the path in the middle, as it should lead you to a place brighter than the darkness within this closely labyrinthine infrastructure. You take hold of the glowing Casteliacone once more and starts moving for the path you choose.

But a familiar grunt comes to put a stop on your tracks. You turn back to see Cuddles, facing toward the west leading to pitch-black emptiness. You ask Cuddles what's wrong, and he returns your question with an inquisitive stare. Have you forgotten? There's definitely something in there! That's the best interpretation you can make, but you could only wonder why he insists you so hard to go there. Still, it won't really hurt to go ahead and see it for yourself, but at the same time...

...Nah. While it's true there might be something hidden deep in the two other ways, you tell Cuddles that you're not doubting his judgment, but it isn't wise to simply wander inside a place known by a select few. Besides, the mention of how this place being 'dangerous' could be a sign that Chansey wasn't lying. Thus, this choice of action is to avoid unwanted situations that you and Cuddles might regret.

Hearing that, Cuddles doesn't feel disappointment. Instead, he nods affirmatively to your decision and slowly makes his way to follow without defiance. You sigh in relief, that there's nothing to be worried about than getting out of here firsthand. You feel like you won't be going back after this point, though it's quite nagging to leave the two paths unchecked for whatever resides in there, it's still better than walking in circles around a floating city with a clueless mind.

As you walk closer to where you hear a thud from the Egg Pok?mon, you raise the Casteliacone to bask the area lit with light. The path would've been a dead end were it not for the metallic ladder sticking from the hole above, a little mossy for anyone's taste but evidently sturdy. Taking the lead by climbing on it, you ascend higher to set sight upon the first thing you see -- a double gate that leads to a dark hallway, and a stairway that gives the flooring a bright tint of orange as much the sun could reach it as it sets. You turn back to the hole to fetch Cuddles and the held Casteliacone into a Pok? Ball, safely put on your belt.

The road splits again. Which do you want to go through?
  1. The stairway. It should be fine to take shelter inside one of the deserted buildings, right?
  2. The double gate. Despite appearing to be locked, the lock isn't proper and thus can be opened.
  3. The hallway to the back of the hole. Following this path might redirect you back to the front entrance, though.
  4. Be indecisive and return back to the unknown depths in order to inspect the other remaining ways.

Last edited:
Back