• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity's 100 Greatest Songs of All Time

Years

PokeComminiy's 100 Greatest Songs of All Time

Here on the PokeCommunity we have a large mix of members and, as such we have an eclectic assortment of musical interests. That being said I thought it would be interesting for us to create a list of our top one hundred favourite songs of all time, as a community, not as individuals, for our fellow community members to use as an index and for us to share our musical interests with one another.

How it works

1. The list will be constructed in reverse order (100-1) in groups of ten.
2. In each bracket of songs; first, for about 3-5 days depending on activity on the thread, members will be able to submit songs that they would like to be voted on.
3. Once a decent number of songs have been posted we move into the voting for a similar period of time.

The Rules

1. You may only nominate a maximum of three songs per bracket.
2. Listen to songs you don't know before voting.
3. You have a maximum of two votes in each voting bracket. But you can only vote for ONE of YOUR submitted songs.
4. You may not submit a song that didn't make it in the previous bracket. That's an exercise in futility.

Bracket One Nominees

Frank Sinatra - Get Me to the Church on Time (0 Votes)
Spoiler:

Simon and Garfunkle - I am a Rock (0 Votes)
Spoiler:

Three Days Grace - Never to Late (0 Votes)
Spoiler:

Fallout Boy - Thnks fr th Mmrs (0 Votes)
Spoiler:

Red - Already Over (0 Votes)
Spoiler:

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (0 Votes)
Spoiler:

3 Doors Down - Kryptonite (0 Votes)
Spoiler:

Dead Letter Circus - Here We Divide (0 Votes)
Spoiler:

The Flaming Lips-The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (0 Votes)
Spoiler:

Pink Floyd-Atom Heart Mother (0 Votes)
Spoiler:

Avicci vs Nicky Romero - I Could Be The One (0 Votes)
Spoiler:

Rita Ora - Radioactive (0 Votes)
Spoiler:

Voting Has Begun

Last edited:

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
I nominate
Frank sinatra: get me to the church on time
And
Simon and garfunkel: I am a rock.

Years
Okay, so let me see if I understand how this works:

You nominate a song for each tier, and you said that we're going in reverse order so I assume that the first tier we're nominating songs for is #100, or #100-91. Not entirely clear which. And if a song we nominate gets bumped out then it's gone completely?

So just for the sake of my understanding, if I nominate something like Rolling in the Deep right now it's never going to place better than the spot I (or someone else) nominates to? Even if I do it right now and every single person who posts after me says "Yes! That is the best song" and it's unanimously agreed upon to be one of PC's favorite songs ever? I would have to withhold my nomination for a better tier, hope someone else doesn't nominate it, and then hope it wins in the tier I do nominate it because even if it gets second place in the top tier it's gonna disappear from the rankings.

I'm not trying to ruin this. I'm just confused about how this is gonna work. I think the idea is a good one (even if a hundred songs sounds like it would take a year to get)

Honest

Hi!
Years
You might want to ask them to put the video in their post also, to make things easier for yourself.

Anyway, I'm going to nominate:

Three Days Grace - Never Too Late
Spoiler:

Fall Out Boy - Thnks fr th Mmrs
Spoiler:

Red - Already Over

Spoiler:

Years
Okay Scarf sorry if my instructions were not clear.

By reverse order and in brackets I mean this -

There are ten brackets each will consist of ten decided upon songs. The order of these songs will go from the highest numbered song in that bracket to the lowest, with the higher numbers having less votes that the lower ones.

As for how this works, you raise a valid point that I forgot to consider. My original idea of simply not voting for songs you don't think belong in that tier is probably not the fairest/most accurate. I suggest that if numerous people suggest a song should be higher, it simply get knocked to the next tier. Suggestions?

Edit: A more specific way of what I have said, if three comments suggest a song should be pushed to a higher tier (before voting) then that song is pushed to the next bracket and does not count towards the person who nominated its count for the higher tier but still does for the lower. How does that sound?

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
This sounds like an interesting idea!

My nominations are Meeep I sound like I'm a BB housemate; //still addicted:

Avicci vs Nicky Romero - I Could Be The One

Rita Ora - Radioactive

Years
Since there are quite a few nominees I'll probably moves us to voting tomorrow or the day after. Also, please give a small reason why you voted for something (although this is not 100% necessary).

Back