• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Civilization IV Beyond the Sword - The Misadventures of Donavannj!

Years
Also, 15 turns is way too long for a military unit.
slaves%20egypt.gif

These people are your friends when regular production means fail.

blue

gucci
Years
When starting, I always go for the highest ones like Horseback Riding & Metal Casting, puerly because turns go so quick with only one city then the rest are mere 1-3 turns :)

Years

slaves%20egypt.gif

These people are your friends when regular production means fail.

I've always had bad luck with adopting slavery. My cities would revolt way too often. :x

When starting, I always go for the highest ones like Horseback Riding & Metal Casting, puerly because turns go so quick with only one city then the rest are mere 1-3 turns :)

I usually go for a religion first, myself, and then go military if I fail to get Hinduism, Buddhism, or Judaism, because a religion is pretty much required to win on higher difficulties (you'll go bankrupt if you don't have the revenue a religion brings in from having it's holy building built).

---------------

And a quick 5 pic update:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Finally got around to continue my shadow game a bit...

In 1310, after an estimated 1500 years of war...
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
I always wanted to try this game, but I kind suck at the Manage-Your-Own-Family/City/Empire games. Sometime I'll try it out, hopefully soon.

Years
Don't worry. I hope you get to become a big boy later on. *shot*

With any luck, I will be.

Finally got around to continue my shadow game a bit...

In 1310, after an estimated 1500 years of war...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I always wanted to try this game, but I kind suck at the Manage-Your-Own-Family/City/Empire games. Sometime I'll try it out, hopefully soon.

I'd start at Settler difficulty if I were you, then.

----------

Anyways, update time!

Game 1 Update 15: Shwedagon Paya

Spoiler:

Years
Land > Wonders
Napoleon still can't be trusted, so going for a cultural victory would be heavily relying on luck. Meanwhile, Gandhi sits on your border with probably a horribly insufficient military and enjoys his pretty good land. If you would have invested these wonder hammers into units, either Gandhi would be toast or your western territories could have been reclaimed.

Years
Land > Wonders
Napoleon still can't be trusted, so going for a cultural victory would be heavily relying on luck. Meanwhile, Gandhi sits on your border with probably a horribly insufficient military and enjoys his pretty good land. If you would have invested these wonder hammers into units, either Gandhi would be toast or your western territories could have been reclaimed.

I do play way too passively, but those wonders are so shiny and interesting!

And there are still 69 more turns left before we catch up, so I'm going to be grouping "updates" together at times to catch up faster.

----------------------------------

Doing a double update for fun:

Game 1 Update 16: Chichen Itza
Spoiler:

Game 1 Update 17: Technological Acquisitions
Spoiler:

Years
Yes, this is an intentional double post to keep the page from loading too slowly.

I'll get an index of "Updates" up in the first post ,within the next week or so.

--------------------------------------

Game1 Update 18: Hagia Sofia! Oh, and an overview.

Spoiler:

Game 1 Update 19:
Spoiler:

We're slowly catching up.

Years
You cannot cultureflip cities lost by conquest :p
Maybe you can use the Apo. Palace (it is jewish, right?) to gift it back to yourself though if you get elected, the option should come up. If he defies, too bad for him as the unhappiness penalty will probably hit him harder than a change of Rostov's ownership.

Years
Wow didn't get to comment sorry. But yeah, trying to culturally pressure that city back to your side huh. Still ur building an army to retake it or...?

More focused on just keeping it from overwhelming my own cities. I don't have an army ready for it.

You cannot cultureflip cities lost by conquest :p
Maybe you can use the Apo. Palace (it is jewish, right?) to gift it back to yourself though if you get elected, the option should come up. If he defies, too bad for him as the unhappiness penalty will probably hit him harder than a change of Rostov's ownership.

Really? I thought that was an option and not a mandatory game mechanic.

Probably not. Genghis likes Napoleon more.

--------------------------------

Game 1 Update 20: RUSSIA HAS A MILITARY?!

Spoiler:

Years
A millennium or two too late, but you do have one Horse Archer now. What could possibly go wrong from here?

And convert to Judaism already, it's the only religion in your empire and therefore superior to No State Religion or Free Religion. Especially since it means you won't be diplomatically isolated anymore, and while better relations with Napo don't mean you can trust him, they do mean you can bribe him to war with one of the Buddhists, that way he will be busy. Saladin would be perfect for that, unfortunately Gandhi is completely blocking the way to him and Napoleon is 1) Most likely not going to have Open Borders with him and 2) Probably going to conquer him way too easily. Still worth a consideration as it will buy you time to get an actual military.

Years
A millennium or two too late, but you do have one Horse Archer now. What could possibly go wrong from here?

And convert to Judaism already, it's the only religion in your empire and therefore superior to No State Religion or Free Religion. Especially since it means you won't be diplomatically isolated anymore, and while better relations with Napo don't mean you can trust him, they do mean you can bribe him to war with one of the Buddhists, that way he will be busy. Saladin would be perfect for that, unfortunately Gandhi is completely blocking the way to him and Napoleon is 1) Most likely not going to have Open Borders with him and 2) Probably going to conquer him way too easily. Still worth a consideration as it will buy you time to get an actual military.

Horse Archers are immortal.

I like the science and happiness boost I get from Free Religion.

-----------------------------------

Game 1 Update 21: We Fail to Build the Mausoleum

Spoiler:

Game 1 Update 22: Islam

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Intentional double post to keep from flooding the page with images.

---------------------------------

Game 1 Update 23: Meh
Spoiler:

Yeah, just a quickie tonight.

Years
I am wondering you're already into Judaism, why found Islam? But yeah that Napoleon likes to get some tributes from you huh, but yeah you got whipped the last time so nothing to complain there. Anyways keep building and the other civs busy.

Years
I am wondering you're already into Judaism, why found Islam? But yeah that Napoleon likes to get some tributes from you huh, but yeah you got whipped the last time so nothing to complain there. Anyways keep building and the other civs busy.

Monetary reasons. I perform better economically with more religions under my control.

Now for a quick update.

-----------------------------------

Game 1 Update 24: A Whole Lot of Nothing

Spoiler:

Conjurer

The Verdant
Years
That little spot to the southwest of Rostov might be good. Might as well use the maintenance bonus from Moscow, eh? I can't see if it's too close to French land though, and considering they got Rostov that might not be a good idea. o.o

Years
Wait, wait, wait. 1200-something AD and Napoleon is still using Spears and Axes? Punish him already! Quickly assembling a sufficient force of medieval units (I hope you have Machinery and Civil Service) to retake Rostov and ward off any incoming stacks from the French homeland should be a piece of cake. Just don't use tanks ;)

Back