• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Advanced Item uses.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Tinkering with items like the Teachy TV and such has been somewhat limited. Routines to edit the items use are feasible. But mainly for those with an understanding of ASM. Personally, I think though you could get around this by using some shortcuts if the item works like I think it does. Being a hacker with only a small skill in ASM I do not know how to locate the offsets to each routine and such but I think if you could work around the way these items work you could use them for your advantage.

Items which I consider advanced:

• Teachy TV
  • VS Seeker
  • Fame Checker

Now I will be using the Teachy TV as an example. I believe it works in these steps.

1. Launch TV Routine.
  2. Prompt of what episode to watch.
  3. Routine to load episode and *place border around scene*
  4. An independent script runs a person doing something and showing you how. (So you could edit this if you found where the script was is my idea.)
  5. Once finished you are prompted again to choose a new vid.

Other...

So now this is where a community effort comes in, if you know anything to do with the info above or anything to do with it then you can correct me on how it works or elaborate on my steps (if they are correct >:])

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
well i have an idea don't the items have an offset in the hex editor? well can't you repoint that to a script you want to happen but it would be hard if possible and we don't even know the offsets ._. i don't actually think you need asm :D

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
well i have an idea don't the items have an offset in the hex editor? well can't you repoint that to a script you want to happen but it would be hard if possible and we don't even know the offsets ._. i don't actually think you need asm :D

In the past few weeks I have been vigorously studying my share of assembly and now I feel I can start to delve back in to this matter of advanced items. I feel I over used the thought of the Teachy TV instead of a more brand new item out look. Lets say we wanted to make a PokeGear or anything like this. With its own GUI and such. This would require extensive ASM. Now lets say we were to want something like say, a multichoice to set some settings. I am fairly sure this would still require ASM, while not directly but with the item loading routine. It would need to be edited somewhat similarly to something straight out of JPan's engine.

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
EDIT: Here are some asm-offsets in more or less chronological order.
080a194d, 0815ac2d, 0815ab95, 0815b2c1, 08106ecd, Teachy TV Menu, 0815b4ed, PokeDude, 080565a9, 0815bd05, 080d0979, 080d0a8d, 080d3cc5

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
EDIT: Here are some asm-offsets in more or less chronological order.
080a194d, 0815ac2d, 0815ab95, 0815b2c1, 08106ecd, Teachy TV Menu, 0815b4ed, PokeDude, 080565a9, 0815bd05, 080d0979, 080d0a8d, 080d3cc5

Interesting... I'll look into some of these after school today. Thanks!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm confused. What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish? The rules of R&D clearly state that you need to have a goal or something that "you're aiming to do". Just asking about how to hack "Advanced Items" isn't very helpful. If you want help, you're going to need to focus on a particular goal.

Note: I just checked and the Teachy TV doesn't use scripts (at least, as far as I can tell).

Back