• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Type Strength Weakness Editor

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Edit:
*** Version 1.32 ***
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/TypeResistancesEditor-1.32.zip

-----

Many of you probably know of Darthatron's Attack Type Editor which edits how an attack of one type affects a defending type. It's handy, but I was dissapointed that it couldn't edit the values of entries that had previously changed to 1. After learning how the list was stored in the rom, I saw no reason why a program that could handle this couldn't be made, so I made one.

***Attention: Read the readme before asking what the Foresight entry does, for it's explained there.***

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Thanks, great tool.
More lisible than Attack Type Editor, and more simple.

GoldFlareon, you can download .dll files in Egg Move Editor archive, and copy/paste dll files into the folder.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
GoldFlareon, you can download .dll files in Egg Move Editor archive, and copy/paste dll files into the folder.
Actually, you can't do that anymore. I don't want to include the .dll files for every program I make because it just wastes bandwidth.

.dll files doesn't work. =/
Oops, my bad. I've fixed the link now. =p

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
I tried what you said, what with going to the link, only changing the .zip to a .rar, and it said no such location existed. It is yet again blocked by the firewall from hell.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
looks like you beat hackmew to it! lol. anyway great tool for what it does, and I haven't been able to spot a single bug.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
I tried what you said, what with going to the link, only changing the .zip to a .rar, and it said no such location existed. It is yet again blocked by the firewall from hell.
I was been lazy and hadn't loaded .rar versions of the files yet. But, I have them uploaded now, so try again and tell me whether you have success or not.

looks like you beat hackmew to it! lol. anyway great tool for what it does, and I haven't been able to spot a single bug.
I wasn't even aware that hackmew was making a program for this. And of course, if you spot a bug please report it (either by posting in this thread or emailing me).

-----

Also, I'm going to release another version soon, but the only things to be changed/corrected are the French translations (courtesy of Link_971).

Last edited:

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
Years
This is interesting, though it doesn't allow you to add a new one without deleting an old one. As someone wanting to add a new type via ???, this tool is currently unhelpful. Can you fix this in a new update, or is this unavoidable?

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
This is interesting, though it doesn't allow you to add a new one without deleting an old one. As someone wanting to add a new type via ???, this tool is currently unhelpful. Can you fix this in a new update, or is this unavoidable?
You can add other types (up to 256 total, including the pre-exisiting ones) if you want, but I don't you'll have to go do the hex yourself.

Adding more entries isn't possible unless you know all of the pointers that must be repointed to the new longer list.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
couldn't you just use the "replace all" in your hex editor?
the find box: oldpointer
the replacebox: newpointer
(of course, these need to be in pointer format)

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
couldn't you just use the "replace all" in your hex editor?
the find box: oldpointer
the replacebox: newpointer
(of course, these need to be in pointer format)
Yes, but no.

First, the pointer I'm looking for could be shifted by a certain number that I don't know, and just because a sequence of bits is the same as the pointer doesn't mean it's a pointer. It could be part of an image or something. I'm too lazy at this point in time to do the method of trial and error.

Years
Hey the download link don't work. Just pop up this text. Not FoundThe requested URL /TypeResistanceEditor-1.32.zip was not found on this server.Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at jc.tech-galaxy.com Port 80

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Hey the download link don't work. Just pop up this text. Not FoundThe requested URL /TypeResistanceEditor-1.32.zip was not found on this server.Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at jc.tech-galaxy.com Port 80
It should work now.

Do you know when the 1.32 version will be available?
Eventually. Anywhere between a week and three months.

Back