• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Raptor Version

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Sorry I haven't played Raptor in a while in search for bugs (I'm REALLY starting to enjoy being a bug tracker); I've been sidetracked by my new shiny DSi & Platinum, heh. :P I stopped at the Shaymin event.

Thanks to StarMiles for bringing that to my attention; now I know all the little changes in evolutions/abilities/attacks. Handy thing to have - much like monkeyboi's walkthrough. Btw, in speaking of ability changes, why do some Pokemon have no abilities at all? Regigigas was given Pressure instead, so why couldn't Pokes like the Snover line be given a suitable replacement ability?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Excellent. Where do you get Strength again? Because I already have the Kirlia. Does it matter if it's male or not?

I know there's a list somewhere, but could someone put it on the first page or something?
It can be male or female. Strength can be found in Mastric City, in the Bakery House.
can you get Togekiss in this game and if so how plz?
Level up Togetic to 31, and have it learn Wish. It will then evolve.
I can not find the download button at the linked site, where is it?
There's a small link labeled 'Download this file to your computer' in the bottom-right.
Sorry I haven't played Raptor in a while in search for bugs (I'm REALLY starting to enjoy being a bug tracker); I've been sidetracked by my new shiny DSi & Platinum, heh. :P I stopped at the Shaymin event.

Thanks to StarMiles for bringing that to my attention; now I know all the little changes in evolutions/abilities/attacks. Handy thing to have - much like monkeyboi's walkthrough. Btw, in speaking of ability changes, why do some Pokemon have no abilities at all? Regigigas was given Pressure instead, so why couldn't Pokes like the Snover line be given a suitable replacement ability?
I'm going to make a Pokédex for EX when it comes out, with locations, moves, evolutions etc., in a more organised format.
As for why Sinnoh Pokémon weren't given other abilities, I can't really answer that one... My guess is that OG only did it for important Pokémon (i.e. legendaries).

qtraven666

Pokémon Raptor EX:Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2012
It can be male or female. Strength can be found in Mastric City, in the Bakery House.

Level up Togetic to 31, and have it learn Wish. It will then evolve.

There's a small link labeled 'Download this file to your computer' in the bottom-right.

I'm going to make a Pokédex for EX when it comes out, with locations, moves, evolutions etc., in a more organised format.
As for why Sinnoh Pokémon weren't given other abilities, I can't really answer that one... My guess is that OG only did it for important Pokémon (i.e. legendaries).

dude ur awsome and in the new game are the moves still gonna look like fire balls?

one more question in the other game togepi evolvs by bein happy is it the same in this game?

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Good job, wichu. You've did a great job so far.
For me, get Pokemon from other game isn't a good idea.
So I prefer only get your Pokemon from Raptor. :)

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
I've had a few problems in the factory in Krypton City. Sometime with Team Hunter Grunt encouters, the game freezes as soon as the fight begins, it hasn't happened anywhere else though, and it wasn't the same grunt both times. I'm not sure why it's happening, but i got this error log thing if it helps. It's attached to the post.

Incidentally, great game, i know i haven't seen the best of it yet!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I've had a few problems in the factory in Krypton City. Sometime with Team Hunter Grunt encouters, the game freezes as soon as the fight begins, it hasn't happened anywhere else though, and it wasn't the same grunt both times. I'm not sure why it's happening, but i got this error log thing if it helps. It's attached to the post.

Incidentally, great game, i know i haven't seen the best of it yet!

This is a well-known glitch which occurs when you send out a Pokémon with the Trace ability against certain D/P Pokémon. To avoid it, make sure the Pokémon at the front of your party doesn't have Trace, and try not to send it out against D/P Pokémon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2013
Where is HM 02 - Fly?
Where is HM 05(?) - Strength?

And;

Where's Mt Rainbow Located?

qtraven666

Pokémon Raptor EX:Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2012
fly is right befor the town where you fight deoxys and strength is in the bake-a-cake house

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
Dude, thanks for making the game. You didn't just make my night, you've made my week. Now I have something to play e_e

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2013
Erm, when I'm playing Raptor, I have a really bland text.

When I started It told me to install 'pokemon text'.

Any help?

Years
how to play this game? I also have the same problem as the dude above, Spinksy. it says i need some .zip file to copy to my fonts in control panel, but when i extracted my files, there was no .zip file with fonts. just "game", "Pokemon Raptor", "RGSS102E.dll". is there a link someone can give me? or do i need that font to play? also, is there a way to have more than one save file (so two or more people can play w/o using the same saved game)?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Erm, when I'm playing Raptor, I have a really bland text.

When I started It told me to install 'pokemon text'.

Any help?
how to play this game? I also have the same problem as the dude above, Spinksy. it says i need some .zip file to copy to my fonts in control panel, but when i extracted my files, there was no .zip file with fonts. just "game", "Pokemon Raptor", "RGSS102E.dll". is there a link someone can give me? or do i need that font to play? also, is there a way to have more than one save file (so two or more people can play w/o using the same saved game)?
Unfortunately, the font files were accidentally left out of the release. They can either be downloaded in the Pokémon starter kit, or you can just ignore it (the game can still be played, but it will look a bit weird).

The game only loads a save file named "Game.rxdata". Therefore, by renaming or moving this file when necessary, you can effectively have multiple save files.
umm can someone tell me y every time my venonat tries to evolve the game stuffs up
I believe this problem was fixed in version 1.1. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version?

Years
Unfortunately, the font files were accidentally left out of the release. They can either be downloaded in the Pokémon starter kit, or you can just ignore it (the game can still be played, but it will look a bit weird).

The game only loads a save file named "Game.rxdata". Therefore, by renaming or moving this file when necessary, you can effectively have multiple save files.

I believe this problem was fixed in version 1.1. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version?

Can i get a link to the Pokemon starter kit download? thanks.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
The font aren't left out. I've uploaded it in a different zip file.
After my zipping, it took only 25mb.
For those who don't have Pokemon font, here's a download.
http://www.2shared.com/file/9003599/210141c/pkmnfonts.html
Download the font and install in your PC. Everything should work!

Quote from my first post.
Looks like I have to post the location for every HM in the first post since lots of player can't find them.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
could you post the evolutions of pokemon? for example electabuz only usually evolves when traded with an item? how does it evolve in this game? same with a few other pokemon

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The font aren't left out. I've uploaded it in a different zip file.

Quote from my first post.
Looks like I have to post the location for every HM in the first post since lots of player can't find them.

Ah, I missed that. I already have the fonts, so I didn't have to look for them :P

Anyway, the HMs in EX will be a bit easier to find (someone will tell you where you get HM04 right after you meet the requirements to get it, and you will have to get HM02 to proceed with the story). Are there any other HMs people are having trouble with?

Back