• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: LIFE Version

What is you favorite season? (From the 5th generation games)

• Spring

Votes: 114 20.8%
  • Summer

Votes: 106 19.4%
  • Autumn

Votes: 169 30.9%
  • Winter

Votes: 225 41.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 18, 2021
Please update the game up to the part where the Unova starters are finally in the game as what the screenshots promised.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2022
It's been a whale since I checked this thread (or logged into PokeCommunity at all). Just here to post that I'm still looking forward to updates on this game :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
please post a beta as soon as possible dionen, also an ups file if you want.??????????????????????????????

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
hello everyone! i'm back again, now for the last time. i'm here to confirm that Pokémon:LIFE is not in development anymore.

The main reason is just my lack of interest. It's not enjoyable anymore. binary rom-hacking is a very frustrating process.
No matter what I do, this is not my game, it's gamefreak's. The idea of spending years of my life "working" on something that isn't mine now doesn't sits well with me anymore.
I've rom-hackd for more than 10 years, and I learned a ton of things through all this. Game development, programming, music, art and much more. I'm extremely grateful for everyone that helped me, teached me and also for the support you all showed me throughout the years.

I'm sorry for making promises that I couldn't keep (boy, I made many of those), and sorry for not living up to the hype.
In fact, fear of disappointing everyone was one of the main reasons on why I kept delaying this last message. But i'm over it! I'm disappointing you all x)

I have prepared a last gift for anyone that still cares about this project: i'm releasing a bunch of my favorite tilesets, animations and stuff I used for everyone to use. The main appeal of the project was its graphics, so releasing them to public use is the least I can do. If you are making a gen4/5 style game, this might be of good use. Feel free to use, repost, rearrange and modify anything here, just make sure to credit the people who are in the .txt files.

This .zip file also includes a bunch of flowmaps (that I used to plan the regions) and a resume of the story. If you are curious about what the game could have been, feel free to check it out. There are some stuff in portuguese, so you'll have to google translate some of it.

life remains.zip

In order to rom-hack, you gotta have fun with it. If it's not fun anymore, it's not worth it.
thanks again for all your support. I'm still gonna continue in the game development area, but now I'll invest more time into my original IPs.

thank you.
bye bye

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
That's bad, but its ok too; the worst thing happen to an artist was not to achieve what he want for a project.
For unknown reasons, i cant download from gdrive anymore :/ i tried all my browsers (and chrome was last update) but nothing.
Could you upload somewhere else, please?

Years
Totally understandable! I think what you did accomplish was pretty cool, and I'm glad you learned from it. Do you have a website or something where you post (or will post) your own original games? I'd love to see what you can come up with!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
hello everyone! i'm back again, now for the last time. i'm here to confirm that Pokémon:LIFE is not in development anymore.

The main reason is just my lack of interest. It's not enjoyable anymore. binary rom-hacking is a very frustrating process.
No matter what I do, this is not my game, it's gamefreak's. The idea of spending years of my life "working" on something that isn't mine now doesn't sits well with me anymore.
I've rom-hackd for more than 10 years, and I learned a ton of things through all this. Game development, programming, music, art and much more. I'm extremely grateful for everyone that helped me, teached me and also for the support you all showed me throughout the years.

I'm sorry for making promises that I couldn't keep (boy, I made many of those), and sorry for not living up to the hype.
In fact, fear of disappointing everyone was one of the main reasons on why I kept delaying this last message. But i'm over it! I'm disappointing you all x)

I have prepared a last gift for anyone that still cares about this project: i'm releasing a bunch of my favorite tilesets, animations and stuff I used for everyone to use. The main appeal of the project was its graphics, so releasing them to public use is the least I can do. If you are making a gen4/5 style game, this might be of good use. Feel free to use, repost, rearrange and modify anything here, just make sure to credit the people who are in the .txt files.

This .zip file also includes a bunch of flowmaps (that I used to plan the regions) and a resume of the story. If you are curious about what the game could have been, feel free to check it out. There are some stuff in portuguese, so you'll have to google translate some of it.

life remains.zip

In order to rom-hack, you gotta have fun with it. If it's not fun anymore, it's not worth it.
thanks again for all your support. I'm still gonna continue in the game development area, but now I'll invest more time into my original IPs.

thank you.
bye bye

Ik you've lost passion for this rom hack, but if at all possible, can you re-release whatever you have finished? I'm sure people would still wanna play this rom hack and who knows, someone may pick up the pieces the way they did for Dark Violet

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
If that's the reason that's laaaame, we have decomps now, where we have full control over the code!
I do give you lots of respect for what you did and wish you the best tho!

Back