• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What type of things...

Years
These days, I collect pens. Oh, I love pens. Especially if they're awesome gel pens. *___* Also tend to accumulate notebooks or journals, which I then never write in, because they're too pretty for everyday use!

Oh, and candles too. They tend to sit around more than I burn them. But oh, do I love having them around.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I collect DVDs and Blu-Ray lol, mainly TV shows. Every birthday and Christmas I get a whole load of them and I buy them for myself all throughout the year as they come out. Movies and TV are my obsession, and it's become a very expensive little habit!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
The only collection I have stuck with since I began is Pokemon merchandise.

Within this time, I've been through cards (Pokemon, YuGiOh), coins, rocks, manga, Webkinz (ohgod how did I get pulled into this), Poo-Chi, and Micro Pets.

Recently, I picked up on scarves.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I used to collect Pokemon cards but I don't really do it anymore, now I have this large pile of cards that I can't sell because of childhood restrictions, aka can't leave them behind xD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I wouldn't call myself a DVD 'collector', per se. But I do like the feeling of buying a new one and putting it on my shelf with the others. Many of them I've only seen once (and a few not at all), but seeing all of my DVDs in one place kinda makes me feel all good about myself and the good films that I've watched. As far as other traditional 'collections' go, I'm not very good at them. I used to collect Beanie Babies when I was about 8-years-old and they were an OMG MASSIVE CULTURAL TOUCHSTONE, but once those became less popular, my collecting instincts died along with it. It's good in a way because I don't have hoardes of stuff that I don't need, I guess... but I never really get invested in anything because I don't have that innate desire to collect 'em all. Even with Pokemon, I've never had the desire to catch all of the ones in the game. It's just not in my nature.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I collect trinkets from friends that I can keep with me whilst moving around the country for when I want to remember them. Generally stuff like beaded bracelets, necklaces, plectrums, coins, things like that. It's a little odd I know but it's always nice to have something to remind you of home when you're lonely and away from everyone. I also used to collect cuddly toys when I was a lot younger but grew out of that pretty quickly haha. So soft and squishy ahh ;;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Free stuff from hotels (directories, business cards, pens, notepads, laundry bags, etc. I have a Quality Inn directory that dates back to 1979.)
Anime DVD's and manga
Automobile brochures (my oldest dates to 1978)
Business cards in general.
And for something in non-digital form, fanart of anime girls (Leaf, Pretty Cure etc.)

Back