• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
A little more detail might help...
What is the script?
screenies never hurt anyone.
Until we get more detail,it would be a challenge to help you.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
One question:
On route 22 (the beginning od the game) there is rival Terry and I don´t know how can I change its walking. What I have to do?
On advancemap I opened the script (first I go to event and erease 2 of 3 "P" buttons or whatever that is ´cuz I will that tarry only go 7 steps right and battle there (I change the map so that only one way exist to go left), but how???
See the "S" tiles in events view? Each one is a movement script. Open it in PKSV and you will see movements at the end of the script:
Code:
#org 0x81683D1
M walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

#org 0x81683D9
M walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right look_down_delayed end

#org 0x81683E3
M pause_long pause_long pause_long pause_long pause_long pause_long pause_long pause look_up_delayed end

#org 0x81683B8
M walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down end

#org 0x81683C5
M walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down end

Just change those. The Movement Planner (ctrl+m) may speed things up, even if it is a little ugly.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
See the "S" tiles in events view? Each one is a movement script. Open it in PKSV and you will see movements at the end of the script:
Code:
#org 0x81683D1
M walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right end

#org 0x81683D9
M walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right look_down_delayed end

#org 0x81683E3
M pause_long pause_long pause_long pause_long pause_long pause_long pause_long pause look_up_delayed end

#org 0x81683B8
M walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down end

#org 0x81683C5
M walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down end
Just change those. The Movement Planner (ctrl+m) may speed things up, even if it is a little ugly.

I must delete the other so that only walk_right 7x remains?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
no, you edit it so that it points to the walk x7
eg
change the movement that is happening before hand to walk_direction(speed?),walk_direction(speed?),walk_direction(speed?),walk_direction(speed?),walk_direction(speed?),walk_direction(speed?),walk_direction(speed?)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I read a lot of tutorials and thought I had it I dont see anything wrong in the script
Spoiler:

can you please help me PM me or just reply, thanks

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Nothing (that i see) is wrong with your script, i'm guessing that you are doing a Green 'S" script? this is easy.
I'm going to assume your using FR
on the green 'S' in A-Map assign a variable, the upper unknown value needs to be set to three,assign a value to that var (through a-map),and then compile this script
changes to your script nescesary to work with my methods are in bold
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Take the script offset of the script you just compiled and set that to be your script offset. OR you can add a setvar in the script either will work, i tend to use the second method though, even though it doesn't stop the script from executing (there isn't a var set to stop it) it makes things less confusing for me. If you need help doing the above please ask and post screenies.

score_under

Years
setflag 0x'Flag to be set when this happens

'-------------------------------------------------------------------
'If i remember right no release and end are nescesary with closemsg 'because it has release and end built in. I would check just to be safe 'though.
'-------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, it was no "closemsg" needed with "release" because release has a closemsg built in - though you should always end your scripts, unless you're jumping.

Also, he doesn't need to set a flag, he was using an AdvanceMap script event - a var needed to be set instead.
However he sent me a patch and we managed to sort the script out between us.

No doubt the next difficult part is to get the thief to stay in the right place after the script.

(Also, if you notice, I blocked off a few small areas making it impossible for that script event not to be activated when you walk into the town.)

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Actually, it was no "closemsg" needed with "release" because release has a closemsg built in - though you should always end your scripts, unless you're jumping.

Also, he doesn't need to set a flag, he was using an AdvanceMap script event - a var needed to be set instead.
However he sent me a patch and we managed to sort the script out between us.

No doubt the next difficult part is to get the thief to stay in the right place after the script.

(Also, if you notice, I blocked off a few small areas making it impossible for that script event not to be activated when you walk into the town.)

yeah I notice that when I go to another map the team rocket guy gose back were he started from (and the market person) how do I make them
stay put

mmm I have an idea what if at the end of script I put disapear than make an extra copy thats invisable and place in its script reapear

Last edited:

score_under

Years
yeah I notice that when I go to another map the team rocket guy gose back were he started from (and the market person) how do I make them
stay put

mmm I have an idea what if at the end of script I put disapear than make an extra copy thats invisable and place in its script reapear
Yeah, you could do that - whenever a sprite moves too far off-screen, it is unloaded by the GBA as you "don't need" it any more.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
okay thanks I will try it also the map between beacon city and route one got deleated by acident but I back up my maps so I re insirted it but when I use vishel boy and go to route one the bridge and other tiles dont look right(insted of bidege a bunch of random trees) you were able to fix it last time can you help thanks

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
I installed PKSV and used Advanced Map but I don't see a way to save
it. It keeps wanting me to save my work to a file, but I don't see a
way to save it to the rom. I've tried compiling it but when I reopen
the script, it changes back to the condition before I saved it. I'm using v2.0.4.
Is there a specific order I have to do it in? Cause I'm trying to use the disappear function, but every time I try to complie it, the set flag number changes.

Spoiler:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I installed PKSV and used Advanced Map but I don't see a way to save
it. It keeps wanting me to save my work to a file, but I don't see a
way to save it to the rom. I've tried compiling it but when I reopen
the script, it changes back to the condition before I saved it. I'm using v2.0.4.
Is there a specific order I have to do it in? Cause I'm trying to use the disappear function, but every time I try to complie it, the set flag number changes.

Spoiler:
make sure you press no with advance map when you chose script editor

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
I got PKSV to work with AdvanceMap. It opens up pksv every time I to look at a script. I just have trouble saving the script. Every time I close out of the program after compiling it it keeps wanting me to save it to a file.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
did you try my idea go to advance map chose script editor then a question will come up and click no( mabey you prese yes) then edit the script and press complie even if the program askes you to save click no or cancel it wants to save a back up sctipt on your actual computor not saving to the rom

score_under

Years
I got PKSV to work with AdvanceMap. It opens up pksv every time I to look at a script. I just have trouble saving the script. Every time I close out of the program after compiling it it keeps wanting me to save it to a file.
That's just in case you want your easier-to-read version to be saved for future edits - just tell it "no" if you don't need that, it'll stay compiled (I promise ;) ).

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
I Finally got it! I forgot for some stuff you have to go to another area and return to the area you want to test your Script to let everything set in. Sudowoodo leaves the area whether you win the battle or not. Thanks for all the help! Here's the code in case someone wants to use it as a reference for a legendary pokemon.

Spoiler:

score_under

Years
I Finally got it! I forgot for some stuff you have to go to another area and return to the area you want to test your Script to let everything set in. Sudowoodo leaves the area whether you win the battle or not. Thanks for all the help! Here's the code in case someone wants to use it as a reference for a legendary pokemon.

Spoiler:
Highlighted a few mistakes in that quote, here's a "corrected" version with #dynamic commands.
Spoiler:
I hope you're liking these new additions (pokemon IDs resolved to names, levels in decimal, BATTLE_WIPE and other common "special" commands resolved to easy to read names, the label support, the flag "notepad"...) ;)

Format:
battle Pokemon Level Item
Old:
battle 0xB9 0x28 0x0
New:
battle SUDOWOODO 40 NONE

I planned to release this version of PKSV much earlier than I did, but the later release of course means more features.

If anyone needs to know... press ctrl+e to get to the script searcher, and try something like this:
Code:
msgbox any
callstd MSG_FACEPLAYER
Press Compile, "Script", then Search Next... ;)

("Script" is how it is decompiled - those options have no effect on compiling)

I got this:
Code:
#org 0x8160529
'-----------------------------------
msgbox 0x8172255 ' I came here with som...
callstd MSG_FACEPLAYER ' Builtin lock/faceplayer
end

#org 0x8172255
= I came here with some friends to\ncatch us some BUG POK\eMON!\pThey're all itching to get into\nsome POK\eMON battles!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
Well I tried what you said but now it locks up when you try to talk to sudowoodo. The question I have is how do you enter in the script offset from the example you gave me in to advance map? I'm not familar with dynamics and I don't know how to insert the offset without the numbers for it. And I'm having trouble saving over the script now to try an fix it. I press openscript from advancemap,make the the changes, then compile right? Then Close PKSV? I'm mad at myself for not backing it up before I messed around with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back