• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most overpowered Unova Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Bouffant. Every time I face a trainer with one, it KOs half my team. It's got very high physical and special defense, extremely high attack, and can learn Swords Dance and Giga Impact naturally.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Terrakion is pretty damn OP. CS Terrakion just ****s **** up on the Battle Subway and in general is just incredibly powerful. STAB Stone Edge and Close Combat is amazing.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Since when were we talking about Alder's lame untrained unEVed no good moveset Volcarona? o.O
I believe it wasn't me who brought it up:

Chandelure and Volcarona. Facing off against them in the E4 is a pain. Volcarona especially. Lv 77 and knowing Overheat and Quiver Dance? Definitely overpowered. Like Forever mentioned, when it comes to beating Alder's Volcarona, you mostly have to hope that he decides to use Quiver Dance unnecessarily, giving you some sort of chance to strike back with a Rock-type attack. There's a reason why I've only managed to beat Alder 4 times, and that's because of Volcarona.
Luckily, it is a Bug/Fire type. I'm sure a powered up Archeops would be able to take it out with one hit.
I responded to this message initially. Of course if he was smart to give it Giga Drain, he'd have you covered with Graveler.

Cyclone

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Darmanitan with Huge Power, Brave Nature and charcoal destroys everything with with Flare Blitz

I love it

I love how every time Hydreigon appears under use by a trainer, it's under-leveled

come on, I want a CHALLENGING battle, not a cakewalk

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
By my calculation haxorus adamant with rivalry beats darmanitan.... with even more potential with dragon dance...

Serebiis stats

Darmanitan (RM)- ATTK-140
Haxorus-Attk-147

But darm is pretty powerful yes.

(Max Stats)
Darm-416 attk
Hax- 432 attk

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
Me of course. <3 I will not fall to some Graveler!

Archeops can be difficult to overcome too. N's Archeops was still pummeling me still at +6 defense. I know, it's my fault for running that strategy in the first place. Silly in-game stuff. I never faced Alder so that's all I got...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Darmanitan with Huge Power, Brave Nature and charcoal destroys everything with with Flare Blitz

I love it

I love how every time Hydreigon appears under use by a trainer, it's under-leveled

come on, I want a CHALLENGING battle, not a cakewalk

I think that might make it a little too overpowered. :x I mean in general it is a dragon which usually makes it strong, but ya.

Oh btw guys, Cynthia's Braviary also seemed a little overpowered too tbh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I never beat Alder so I can't agree or disagree with the Volcarona. However, I would have to agree with Bouffalant and Ghetsis' Hydreigon. I had to go out and get my Reuniclus to learn Focus Blast in order to defeat that blasted thing. Didn't help that I was underleveled. Other than that I don't really remember having any troubles with any other Pokemon. I guess Sigilyph earlier in-game was a pain and maybe overleveled for that point in time but I'm not sure.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
White/Black Kyurem. Base 170 Sp Atk/Atk? Yes please.

Non-Legendary, I might have to go with Volcarona. Quiver Dance is an excellent stat boosting move and Volcarona is the best user of it by a lot.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I found Volcarona and Hydreigon a bit overpowered.Probably because of their uncommon Dual types.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Excadrill and Mienshao. When you get Earthquake and High Jump Kick with pretty decent attacking stats and speed, it's just ridiculous. Volcarona never seemed all that good from my experience playing.

ThatOneGolurk

Amateur
Years
Excadrill and Mienshao. When you get Earthquake and High Jump Kick with pretty decent attacking stats and speed, it's just ridiculous. Volcarona never seemed all that good from my experience playing.

I agree. Excadrill and Mienshao are something I've always had trouble with, no matter where or when.

I think Ferrothorn is a bit overpowered too; That thing walks like there's no tomorrow. Without a Fire or Fighting type move, that thing will take a looong time before it goes down.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I agree. Excadrill and Mienshao are something I've always had trouble with, no matter where or when.

I think Ferrothorn is a bit overpowered too; That thing walks like there's no tomorrow. Without a Fire or Fighting type move, that thing will take a looong time before it goes down.
Even with Fighting its still going to be heard to take out due to its high D, couple that with Iron Barb and you've got even more of a case against Fighting as a good deal of the moves are physical based.

Myself I think I have had most trouble with Hydregion. It has a great movepool and type coverage. Dragon Pulse + Dark Pulse hits pretty hard. Chandelure is pretty strong as well with its Special Attack being the highest of none legendaries and a great Special movepool to boot.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
EP669_Excadrill.png

I'm thinking the most overpowered title should go to this fatty! ♥ It's a ridiculously strong and fast Pokémon with incredible Attack and some extremely hard-hitting moves, along with a signature move Drill Run which adds in the chance of getting a more likely critical hit to it's already incredible power. It was also given some pretty substantial defences against Fighting/Ground types so it doesn't have too much to worry about in the weaknesses department - it's just generally an amazing Pokémon haha. Hence I love using it!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Darmanitan with Sheer Force + Fire Punch/Flare Blitz = almost instant OHKO.

Excadrill with its super high attack and good speed makes it a stupidly powerful machine. (Stupidly in a good way, of course.)

Volcarona with special Fire move + Quiver Dance makes it almost unstoppable.

Last edited:

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Volcarona and Ferrothorn. Volcarona's like the strongest Bug-type with Quiver Dance and dangerous attacks with a high Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed. I raised one and it killed a Milotic with 4 QDs w/ Bug Buzz without dying when they were at the same level.

Ferrothorn is too defensive and strong with Curse, Gyro Ball, Earthquake, and Power Whip.

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
Volcarona if you give it enough time to set up, Hydreigon that covers all it's weaknesses, Archeops with its high attack and speed, and Bouffalant.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Eelektross anybody? No one? Oh. Well, I had serious problems facing that one when he was on Cynthia's team. Probably because I kept hitting it with leaf and electric attacks cuz I thought its water type xD but seriously, I found him incredibly hard.
Had problems with reuniclus as well, I had my whimsicott ready and tried toxic. And then i found out, for the first time, about that magic shield thing. By then he had gotten himself ready and destroyed me.

I've never had problems with volcarona or excadrill tho.... but i thought ghetsis hydreigon was stupidly strong. I almost thought i have to retry him b4 i beat it.

Back