• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Ninfia as a sign of New Types??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
As you people know, the new Eevolution named Ninfia was revealed. Its type and method of evolution are unknown, so let's start analyzing what type it could be:

The available types are:
Normal
Dragon
Rock
Ground
Ghost
Steel
Fighting
Bug
Poison
Flying

I personally dont think Ninfia represents any of the types mentioned above (Maybe Flying or Normal)... So what about if the revelation of Ninfia is a way to announce or introduce a NEW type? Maybe something like LIGHT type?

Opinions on this idea?

Years
If it's a stand alone, I think it'd be cool if it was a normal type. Eevee's stats are less than amazing so if it had a normal type evolution it might be nice, especially since normal types generally have amazingly diverse move pools.

It'd be cool if it was a new type but I'm not holding my breath... Dark and steel types were introduced to balance psychic and fighting types, right? Is there really such a huge imbalance elsewhere that absolutely requires new types, this far after the last "new" types were introduced?

That said, if there was a light type, I think it'd be interesting to see what its strengths and weaknesses would be... It might be cool if it was super effective on fighting, dark, and steel, while being not very effective on psychic and ghost, and defensively resistant to fighting and bug (possibly being immune to one of those) and weak to ghost and dark attacks... (In short, exactly the opposite of dark types, and therefore being strong and weak against them.) Might be interesting... Still, I don't really expect new types. I wouldn't terribly mind it, but I think the new Eeveelution doesn't necessarily mean it is a new type. Could fairly easily be a normal or flying type, based on appearance.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i tried looking it up since i haven't heard of it and it auto corrected it to "ninfea" which is a flower. i doubt they would make a second grass type but i can't figure out if the flower is poisonous. is it is, this is probably a poison type.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
i tried looking it up since i haven't heard of it and it auto corrected it to "ninfea" which is a flower. i doubt they would make a second grass type but i can't figure out if the flower is poisonous. is it is, this is probably a poison type.

Uhhh....

Spoiler:

Does that change your opinion?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I think it's a new type, which I think will be a Rainbow-type, and I would of thought that even if there wasn't a rainbow in the background. I also think the new legendary Pokémon revealed last month are the same type, plus something additional. The one for Y is clearly part Flying-type.

I would prefer a Light-type, which is something I've wanted since gen 2.

This announcement clearly means a return to having new evolutions for older Pokémon which makes me extremely happy. I didn't think we would see a new Eevee, but I was hoping for one. I hope we get a second one, but I doubt it. I don't like the look of this one.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Oh it's such a beautiful little darling ahsaldfjljsdfj

I can almost guarantee it'll be Normal Type, but of course I could be wrong.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Fairy is an egg group, and that kind of fits in the Flying category. But I like the idea of sparkly, magical Pokemon 8D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Every new Coro Coro lists the Pokemon's Type as "Unknown" or Secret. It has ? ? ? in the place just as Yveltal and Xerneas do. They did the same thing with Reshiram and Zekrom when they were released. The only reason they do that is to not tell us what the type is. Its just marketing strategy to make us (well Japan) go watch the movie since Ninfia is going to be the center for the mini episode before the Genesect movie.

Also keep in mind that Meowthe somehow causes the Evolution in the movie. So its most likely an evolution based on Item that Meowth brings to/drops on Eevee.

As for it being a new unheard of type, very low chance right now. Its most likely Normal given its very plain appearance. Hope its Dragon though.

Years
I'm going to guess it might have to do something heavily about Happiness, Nature and Gender. Plus I'm hoping it's a Normal-type, I can't see Ninfia being Poison or Dragon.

To add, maybe Nintendo is planning to add a:

Male Normal + Some mechanic (happiness, nature, etc.) -> A Normal, male evolution that is the counterpart of Ninfia.

Female Normal + Some mechanic (happiness, nature, etc.) -> Ninfia.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm going to guess it might have to do something heavily about Happiness, Nature and Gender. Plus I'm hoping it's a Normal-type, I can't see Ninfia being Poison or Dragon.

To add, maybe Nintendo is planning to add a:

Male Normal + Some mechanic (happiness, nature, etc.) -> A Normal, male evolution that is the counterpart of Ninfia.

Female Normal + Some mechanic (happiness, nature, etc.) -> Ninfia.

If we were getting two wouldn't they both have been shown? Only Ninfia is shown for the movie which could mean we only get 1 Eevee Evolution this generation.

Years
I honestly don't think ninfia will have a new type, unless a ribbon or fabirc type is created :P. I'm thinking flying at the moment, I think.

Also, as to Logiedon's idea, it could just be that Ninfia is an all female evolution - as female eevees are rare, so it isn't super easy to obtain.

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
Years
the bubblegum type lol.

but seriously I think its either a normal , Flying or light.

plus the way I look at the picture it might be a female only eeveelution.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I think its flying, just because it reminds me of Skyla.

lifeburst

ROAR OF TIME
Years
I'm thinking a fighting type, with the little box doing the the move, it looks pretty fighting type-ish.
besides I can't think of any cute fighting types. But of course, Eeveeloutions are special based so I'm going to go with dragon :3 time for a cute dragon type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back