• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Black/White] Emulation Help Thread

Theab95

Legend hunter
Years
Guys, Mastermind X has fixed the save issue however there's 2 issues left, here is what he said from GBAtemp:

"Two issues remaining:

1) Saving crashes no$gba, but it writes a .SAV file now.
2) Loading doesn't work either.

The save seems to be valid, at least pokesav can read it. So, would you guys just give me some more time, I'm very close to it... =) "

Hope he fix it very soon.

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
Guys, Mastermind X has fixed the save issue however there's 2 issues left, here is what he said from GBAtemp:

"Two issues remaining:

The save seems to be valid, at least pokesav can read it. So, would you guys just give me some more time, I'm very close to it... =) "

Yeah, that's what I talking about! Wait more and - jeez, B\W on No$GBA! :D
==
Also, a totally stupid question. Does pokemon sprites (the little ones) still move? Because the one on Serebii doesn't. That's the cause - I love the way they move. Up, down, up, down. xD

Theab95

Legend hunter
Years
Now we have to be patient and wait I'll check every time for the save fix.

Yeah, that's what I talking about! Wait more and - jeez, B\W on No$GBA! :D
==
Also, a totally stupid question. Does pokemon sprites (the little ones) still move? Because the one on Serebii doesn't. That's the cause - I love the way they move. Up, down, up, down. xD

You mean the icon of Pokemon right? Yes it moves.

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
Now we have to be patient and wait I'll check every time for the save fix.

You mean the icon of Pokemon right? Yes it moves.
Icons, right. I'd like to call them sprites. The little one, at the left from the Pokemon's name. Great, it moves.
Now I can rest in peace O.o Anyway, thanks =)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
;__; I hope Mastermind can fix it, He has made a big start and then their was that breakthrough I think we'll have it in the next 5-10 days;O

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years

"Two issues remaining:

Your information wins this thread sir :D

Years
WHY DOES DESMUME 0.9.5 LAG SOOO MUCCCHHH AND 0.9.6 JUST HAS A WHITE SCREEN
AND NO$GBA IS GOOD BUT THE SAVE PROBLEM DAMMNNN

SORRY FOR THE CAP LOCK ITS KINDA STUCK =)

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
For those who cannot be able to save on DeSmuME:
  • Check the "Path Settings" in Config and see if the save files are in a folder path that exists (in other words... a folder that really exists).
  • If you have changed some folders around recently, be sure to change the location in Path Settings.

For those who have DeSmuME running slow on their computer:
  • Check to make sure that the 3D setting is set to Softrasterizer and NOT OpenGL, because using it on OpenGL is basically running on the computer's graphics card and processor, which would already be used by other applications too.
  • Make sure that DeSmuME is not running any Firmware or the Bios for the Firmware, 'cause it WILL slow Pokémon Black or Pokémon White down.
  • Make sure that you only have ONE DeSmuME emulator running, having more than one running can also slow it down. Press Ctrl Alt Delete to bring up the Task Manager and click the Process tab and check if desmume.exe is running if it doesn't appear at all, then launch DeSmuME again.

I hope this comes in handy for those who have DeSmuME running slow for Pokémon Black or Pokémon White ROMs.

And I sure hope it also comes in handy for those who can't save on Pokémon Black or Pokémon White ROMs on DeSmuME. 'Cause I did have that problem yesterday, I thought I might as well let you all know for sure.

This is a good recomendation. My computer is running using opengl and its actuallly a lot faster. I get between 98% and 100% no lag on desmume.

These are her specs:
AMD Sempron 140 @3.2ghz
1 gig of ram
Nvidia geforce 7025 128mb oc 555mhz
As-Rock N68S motherboard.
Win XP

and on my gaming computer and my other it absolutely never lags these are their specs:

Hardcore gaming
AMD Phenom X6 1090T oc @4.7ghz
As-Rock N68S
4 gigs of ram
Ati radeon hd 5870 eyefinity 6 oc 1200mhz 2 gigs gddr5
win xp

My bros gaming comp:
AMD Phenom X4 9950 oc @4.1ghz
As-Rock N68S
4 gigs of ram
Ati radeon hd 5770 oc 1ghz 1 gig
win xp

They all run with almost no lag. Idk why u ppl say that desmume is slow bcause even on my normal comp it runs great. Well if u ppl feel that desmume is slow try using the opengl it might just make it faster, if not then switch back to softrasterizer.another thing is to put a little bit more frameskip i have it at 1 in all of them but atleast in 2 or 3 you wont see much of a difference in skips. Also get gamebooster it will shut down unnecessary processes in the background thus making you com faster, and if you know a bit more about computers turn of task manager and turn some other processes off manually. thats all i can think of if not buy another computer lol jk.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
wow! opengl really changed alot!
as above, the game runs almost no lag!
thnx pokemon shiny silver!

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Kinda off topic i know, but does anyone know how to get this to work on the flash cart EZ-flash Vi, or a regular R4?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Kinda off topic i know, but does anyone know how to get this to work on the flash cart EZ-flash Vi, or a regular R4?

I just know that it saves naturally in most flashcards. I dunno about these, but get Wood R4.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
It's slow. My PC is 1.66 GHZ duo and appears to be running on 20%. Lol'd.
EDIT: My bad. Didn't disable external firmware/bios. Now it runs 100% on 2 frmskip.

ALSO guys. Don't forget to change text speed ingame!

Last edited:
Back