• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

PokeTrainer87

Playing through Black Version
Years
Hey Guys! So right now I am SR for a shiny Giratina-O in my platinum since i decided to restart my game. Im currently at 33 SR.. Just started but im hoping that i can get it soon... Good luck to you all and congrats to all the hunters with new shinies..

ShinyDoug

Lastest Shiny FTW!!!
Years
Hey guys! Haven't posted in a while, so I'm due for an update.

Restarted White, currently hunting on Route 1. I have 3 ideas for a hunt, VM me the one you think I should do:
1)Shiny Badge Quest
2)Shiny Party
3)Shiny on every Route

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
My shiny ferroseed evolved :D

dsfq.png

Anyways, I'm gunna try using masuda method for the first time in my life... on Ralts :)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hi, congrats to new shinies.

Well, no news for some time, still trying to get my target; I'll let you know if I get it or if I suspend it and change for another one.

Wish I had something interesting to post; but haven't given up yet.

See you soon.

Years
Hey, can i join? i was in the old one a couple years back too.
As for my shinies my first was shiny krabby (RE, evolved to kingler later) on leaf green,
on ruby i got shiny illumise and thats it.. im a shiny hunter noob lol.
Right now im SRing Cobalion on white (around 100 SRs so far)
Also how do people count their SRs and egg hatches so easily? xD

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Completely updated the first post with all new shinies and members. Welcome to all new members, congrats on the shinies, and good luck on hunts!

Here are the Pokemon for May's contest:

1st Generation: Magikarp
2nd Generation: Unown
3rd Generation: Beldum
4th Generation: Shieldon
5th Generation: Panpour

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hey everyone, how's it going?

Just posting to let you all know that I'm still alive :) I've just been super busy lately, and I haven't had time to shiny hunt. But I have AP exams the next two weeks...so my hunting should be picking up quite a bit soon!

Congrats to all the new shinies, especially MetalMario's Tepig; I'm glad you were finally able to end that drought.

There isn't much to announce on my side. I'm at 5200 SRs for Tepig on Black and White, and I'm at at least 10,750 encounters for a shiny Gible on Platinum.

Good luck to all.

Edit: Just checked about an hour ago, and I'm actually at 13417 encounters for Gible. So now I have four on-going ridiculously long hunts: Gible, Staryu, Paras, and Tepig!

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
As for my shinies my first was shiny krabby (RE, evolved to kingler later) on leaf green,
Tally marks. then when I get 20 of those I just bundle them in circles.

currently at 504 eggs for shiny ralts, no luck so far :\

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I updated with the May monthly challenge!

I am going to start hatching for a DW shiny Magikarp again for the monthly challenge. I don't know how many eggs I've did in the past, but I knew I did them for awhile.

For eggs, I put check marks for each egg, then a circle for a box.

For SRs and random encounters, I just use a calculator than write down the number when I am done.
Ok, so yesterday, I found a shiny Audino.
Vid:

Everything is in the description.
Congrats!

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
Years
Still no cottonee...up to 734 eggs... I think I am going cross eyed and I hear the cry of the cottonee in my sleep. But it will be soon....I can feel it...just a little longer.

Years
On a roll

Spoiler:

Masuda bred, Pearl version. It took somewhere in the range of 1200 eggs to get. (For personal reference, I have now hatched 1607 eggs in this game.) Modest is cool but suuuucks given that the epic egg moves I gave him are all Physical... >,>

Up next, I'm working on Kyogre, Chikorita, and Druddigon, but I'm taking some time off hunting to flat out organize my Gen3 and Gen4 games. Pearl, for one, is bursting at the seams! I'll need to trade whole boxes of chained shinies to different games, or otherwise drown in them.

Last edited:

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Can I join please?

I've always admired Shinies, but I felt I could never have the time and patience to try and get one. That changed when I found a Shiny Pidgey on Firered. She is now a Pidgeot. I soon started on Suicune, and now Cobalion.

Cobalion - Somewhere around 200 Resets, hunting non-stop. Dream Shiny.
Suicune, No idea, around 300, maybe.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Completely updated the first post with all new shinies and members. Welcome to all new members, congrats on the shinies, and good luck on hunts!

Do we need to breed all of them? Or do we need to breed only one of them, depending on the gen you are playing? Or can we choose just one of them.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I've officially gone 2 full calendar months without a shiny. :( I think that's a new personal record for longest drought while actively hunting, especially when I hunt for at least 3-5 hours each day.

Bad math jokes ahead:

Spoiler:

I love SRing in SS. It's like 3-in-1! :D You get 3 quick encounters per reset, and the three Pokemon are by far the best starting trio! I hope I'll get one soon.

I've still been SRing for Mudkip a lot, with an occasional Drifloon here and there. I have AP tests coming up, like Fufu, so I won't be able to hunt for about an hour or two before the tests. :P

I was thinking about my hunts, and 10 of my current hunts are for starters, with another 2 as long-term goals. Maybe I should go for all 15 starters? It would be pretty cool to have a shiny of each starter! By the time I get 12 more shinies, though, it'll probably be the 9th generation already! :D

Egg number 365 was a shiny Eevee!!!
I think that's pretty early, right? O_O
I've heard much earlier, like...8, or 46... but still ! Holy crap shiny Leafie <3

Congratulations on the Eevee! Getting one in 365 eggs was very lucky! Eevee is definitely one of the best shinies to get, with all the choices you have!

I'm starting to doubt the 1/1366 odds for MMing. It seems shinies are coming out much more often! Maybe the SHC is just really lucky, "lol."

AND I GOT A SHINY FRILLISH YESTERDAY! :D

Congratulations! Frillish/Jellicent is one of my favorite B/W families!

Hey guys! Haven't posted in a while, so I'm due for an update.

Restarted White, currently hunting on Route 1. I have 3 ideas for a hunt, VM me the one you think I should do:
1)Shiny Badge Quest
2)Shiny Party
3)Shiny on every Route

Shiny Party sounds like a lot of fun! It's awesome to play through games with shinies, as long as you don't care about the EVs or anything like that. I played FR with my shiny Venusaur, and it was a lot of fun to throw out the Pokeball and see the sparkles during each battle.

Welcome back! We're glad that you returned! For egg hatching, you can use the random encounter counter on the trainer card in B/W. For SRs, a lot of people just keep pressing "+1" on a calculator. I think that it takes up unnecessary time that you could spend hunting, but if you want to know how long it took you, that's a good way to track SRs.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your username in the old club?

Awesome. Beldum is one of my next targets - I'll be SRing right after I get shiny Mudkip, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and probably Latias. Yeah, I'll certainly get it by the end of the month... *rolls eyes*

Ok, so yesterday, I found a shiny Audino.

Hey, you already got a shiny this week!! It's illegal to pass the limit for shinies allowed in a week! Stop hoarding all the luck! :P

"lol" that's awesome pokewalker. Nice job getting another shiny - you've had a pretty good week! ;)

On a roll

Congrats! Those resets take a long time for each one, so nice job!

Now we both have two shinies in the last year...I only have about 300,000 more encounters. :P

Can I join please?

I've always admired Shinies, but I felt I could never have the time and patience to try and get one. That changed when I found a Shiny Pidgey on Firered. She is now a Pidgeot. I soon started on Suicune, and now Cobalion.

Cobalion - Somewhere around 200 Resets, hunting non-stop. Dream Shiny.
Suicune, No idea, around 300, maybe.

Welcome! That's a really cool banner you have! Good luck getting shiny Cobalion!

Do we need to breed all of them? Or do we need to breed only one of them, depending on the gen you are playing? Or can we choose just one of them.

You can obtain the shinies however you want; REing, double REing, SRing, MMing, egg hatching, fishing, surfing, sweetscenting, honeyslathering, and headbutting are all acceptable methods. Any one of the five will count for the contest, and whoever has the most by the end of the month is the winner.

Good luck in your shiny hunts to everyone except pokewalker! (who already has had enough luck this week! :P)

I should probably start posting more often - these posts are getting too long!

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Hey guys, just came to say that I won't be shiny hunting for a few weeks because I'm training my new team and also because of finals and whatnot.

I finally gave in and uploaded pictures of my shinies, so here they are:

Spoiler:

Edit: Btw, I wish you tons and tons and more tons of luck, G-Money!

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
I've officially gone 2 full calendar months without a shiny. :( I think that's a new personal record for longest drought while actively hunting, especially when I hunt for at least 3-5 hours each day.

I'm sure you'll encounter one soon!

Congratulations! Frillish/Jellicent is one of my favorite B/W families!

Thanks! :D

Hey, you already got a shiny this week!! It's illegal to pass the limit for shinies allowed in a week! Stop hoarding all the luck! :P

Nvm about the first quote in this post.

"lol" that's awesome pokewalker. Nice job getting another shiny - you've had a pretty good week! ;)

I sure did.

You can obtain the shinies however you want; REing, double REing, SRing, MMing, egg hatching, fishing, surfing, sweetscenting, honeyslathering, and headbutting are all acceptable methods. Any one of the five will count for the contest, and whoever has the most by the end of the month is the winner.

Ok thanks.

Good luck in your shiny hunts to everyone except pokewalker! (who already has had enough luck this week! :P)

The week is over so... Forgive me? :(

I should probably start posting more often - these posts are getting too long!

You sure should. They are getting way too long! And it makes the thread more active.

EDIT: nvm, mine is even longer xD

ShinyDoug

Lastest Shiny FTW!!!
Years
Okay everybody, I have a confession to make. I'm the one who was stealing G-Money's luck :P

161jk46.jpg

That's right, the first shiny in my Badge Quest is a female Lillipup! I caught her yesterday.
I jumped a mile when the sparkles went off. I was home sick, and she appeared on exactly the 1300th RE (incidentally, this is my longest completed hunt to date. I'm really lucky.)
I'll post Evo pics later. Impish nature, not great but not horrid. Also not the shiny I wanted, so I won't bother EVing her. I'm glad she came so fast; she came while I was triple hunting on Black, White, and HG all for different things (which I will keep a secret for now.) 2 pics under the spoiler!
Spoiler:

And G-Money, I actually thought that the math thing was pretty funny :P

Good luck to Members AND Co-Owners! Happy Hunting! Good luck! Especially G-Money; You seem to need it ATM

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
Years
"I like to ride my bicycle, I like to ride my bike..." Pretty sad when you get Queen songs stuck in your head.... Six hours minimum riding my bike back and forth... six hours minimum of Queen playing over and over in my head.

Back