• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Team, please help!

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2011
I dont know about Ev spreads so please help

Luxray
Jolly
Leftovers
Intimidate

Thunder Wave
Roar
Crunch
Wild Charge

Luxray is my phazer and Paralysis inducer with the goal to get at least two of the opponents pokes to be paralyzed and to make switches to prevent setup and damage any weaker pokemon.

Jellicent
Bold
Leftovers
Cursed Body

Willowisp
Taunt
Surf
Shadow Ball

Jellicent just prevents setups, and burns any pokemon he can get his hands on to cripple them. Also to weaken some othher pokemon in preparation for "cleaning"

Scizor
Jolly
Choice Band
Technitian

U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

Scizor is my scout, he damages all he can and then switches out to clean later on

Haxorus
Adamant
Choice Scarf
Mold Breaker

Earthquake
Outrage
X-Scissor
Shadow Claw

Hax is my cleaner who dAMAGES ALL he can before fainting

Sigilyph
Modest
Leftovers
Magic Guard

Cosmic Power
Stored Power
Roost
Psycho Shift

Sig just CP up to full while Roosting, and then sweeps with Stored Power while PS helps him not to be crippled by paralysis

Toxicroak
Adamant
Life Orb
Poison Touch

Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Bullet Punch
Drain Punch

Toxi is my cleaner who finishes off what he can

Please rate out of 10 and comment with good advice. Thank U

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
I am unsure about the other Poke's...since I'm a little lazy to look up movesets. So I'll post a Scizor set that pretty much everyone use.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant nature
Trait: Technician
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Roost
Brick Break

If you want to run Choice Band, then use this set

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
Technician
EV's: 248 HP, 252 Attack, 8 Speed

U-Turn
Brick Break
Pursuit
Bullet Punch

Sorry if I wasn't much help...but I wish you good luck!

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
For Luxray, I would go with 252 HP, 252 Speed, and 4 Atk. As a paraphazer, you really just want that extra health to last as long as possible. Speed doesn't help you much for Roaring (-6 priority), nor is it very helpful verse most Paralyzed targets, but it's there to help get that Thunder Wave off before your opponents first turn.

That is how my Luxray is built, but I carry Volt Switch instead of Wild Charge so that I don't have to hard swap verse a slower, or paralyzed target. It's also useful for getting in more Intimidates.

For Jellicent, I would go with 248 HP, 216 Def, 44 Spe. Only thing not obvious here is that the 44 speed is to outspeed non-choice scarf Scizor so that you can burn it before it U-turns.

Haxorus is fairly simple, just 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed.

For Sigilyph, go with 252 HP, 200 Def, and 56 Speed. You *really* want to be bulky so that you can take hits while you set up. Since you're using Psycho Shift you can give your Sigilyph a Flame Orb and pass off Burns to anything threatening you, also.

I've never used that Toxicroak build but if I did I would go 252 HP, 252 Atk, and 4 Speed. If you're using your Luxray to paraphaze, extra bulk will help you more than Speed, especially since you're carrying mostly priority moves. Also, since you are planning to spread statuses with 2 other Pokemon, Dry Skin may be more useful than Poison Touch.

Years
I dont know about Ev spreads so please help

Luxray
Jolly
Leftovers
Intimidate

Thunder Wave
Roar
Crunch
Wild Charge

Luxray is my phazer and Paralysis inducer with the goal to get at least two of the opponents pokes to be paralyzed and to make switches to prevent setup and damage any weaker pokemon.

Jellicent
Bold
Leftovers
Cursed Body

Willowisp
Taunt
Surf
Shadow Ball

Jellicent just prevents setups, and burns any pokemon he can get his hands on to cripple them. Also to weaken some othher pokemon in preparation for "cleaning"

Scizor
Jolly
Choice Band
Technitian

U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

Scizor is my scout, he damages all he can and then switches out to clean later on

Haxorus
Adamant
Choice Scarf
Mold Breaker

Earthquake
Outrage
X-Scissor
Shadow Claw

Hax is my cleaner who dAMAGES ALL he can before fainting

Sigilyph
Modest
Leftovers
Magic Guard

Cosmic Power
Stored Power
Roost
Psycho Shift

Sig just CP up to full while Roosting, and then sweeps with Stored Power while PS helps him not to be crippled by paralysis

Toxicroak
Adamant
Life Orb
Poison Touch

Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Bullet Punch
Drain Punch

Toxi is my cleaner who finishes off what he can

Please rate out of 10 and comment with good advice. Thank U

May I suggest natures for you?

For Luxray, I'd prefer Adamant but Jolly is OK if you want extra speed.

I don't see Bold as the best nature for Jellicent, I would recommend Modest since it is Special-based and it raises Sp. Atk.

Scizor - same as Luxray, I'd prefer Adamant over Jolly but Jolly is good for extra speed.

Sigilyph's best held item would be a Life Orb if you want extra power but due to Magic Guard it won't cost any HP.

Keep in mind you do have 2 weaknesses to Ground/Dark/Ghost/Electric/Ice.

Back