• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: ~Selene~
Partner Pokemon: Flower the Shaymin
492.gif

1. Which Typing do you prefer on Arceus and why?
Grass. Just because I have a love of grass Pokemon

Welcome to the club! Sometimes I think Shaymin is just to cute to be a Legendary! I love her sky form!

Name: Johnny18
Partner Pokemon: Hermes the Latios

I prefer Water, Ice type for Arceus because it looks good on those types <3

Never thought of Latios or Latias as Hermits :O Yikes! Welcome!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 21, 2012
Nuuuuuuuuu Land form is the best. She looks like a reindeer in her Sky Form

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Keiran
Partner: Furiza the Articuno
Topic: I've never used/owned an Arceus. ;( I would probably make it Poison cause I love purple. :D
Arceus is an interesting one indeed. Like one mentioned before, Arceus is wicked powerful.

Welcome to the club!

What's wrong with Reindeer? lol

Land Form- Cuddlier

Sky Form- Playful

That's how I see it ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
It is rare seeing a Shadow Claw Arceus as most Arceus nowadays run on the Bug-types, focusing on a STAB X-Scissor or a CM Judgement set. Gengar is pretty safe with him. Another legendary, Ho-Oh can practically OHKO Arceus-Bug with any STAB attack considering its massive Attack stat.

That's rather odd if I do say so myself but that's the first time I've heard of Bug Arceus being used so widely nowadays TBH. Arceus could use the BoltBeam combination if using the CM Judgment set too though which can put a dent on Gengar and Ho-Oh as well, especially if it's obtained a few CM boosts beforehand. For the Swords Dance Bug set I'd probably go with Stone Edge for coverage against said counters, shaky accuracy but better than nothing if you ask me.

If we're providing Swords Dance for Arceus, you do know Punishment is a Dark Type move and can work wonders with it? I prefer Punishment over Shadow Claw. Not to mention the typing is optional and if you use Dark type Gengar would be in trouble. It all varies on how you use the advantage of Arcues.

Bug-type Arceus. Never used that one before. I've only used Dark, Dragon & Steel and I found that Steel type is the most frustrating among the other trainers.

NEW TOPIC DISCUSSION!!
Which typing do you prefer on Arceus and why?

Actually that sounds like a pretty good idea there haha, I'll have to try that sometime. Only used the Ghost type myself though TBH, yes I know I'm a noob lol.

I've always liked the Water type Arceus above most of the other typings TBH, pairs so well with Kyogre it's just sickening lol.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Actually that sounds like a pretty good idea there haha, I'll have to try that sometime. Only used the Ghost type myself though TBH, yes I know I'm a noob lol.

I've always liked the Water type Arceus above most of the other typings TBH, pairs so well with Kyogre it's just sickening lol.
Then there's Groudon too, with Drought. Never used the Kyogre/Drizzle combo with Arceus. We could use a Fire type Arceus or Grass type Arceus with Solarbeam, that's another deadly combo. It all depends on how you strategize your team. I might want to try that out myself in the future
MORE PICTURES!
Spoiler:

Tails05

It's Electric!
Years

NEW TOPIC DISCUSSION!!

Never had one D: lol

I would probably do ghost or something like that though.

Just saying - I love your avatar and sig. Shaymin is the BEST!

Although personally I prefer Sky Forme. So awesome <3

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Never had one D: lol

I would probably do ghost or something like that though.

Just saying - I love your avatar and sig. Shaymin is the BEST!

Although personally I prefer Sky Forme. So awesome <3
Another Sky Form lover <3

That leads us to the next question..

Which do you prefer, Land or Sky Shaymin? Why?

For one I like the Air Slash move she can learn! She's got such a great design too in her Sky Form. Her land form is lovable, cute, cuddlier. I like her Land form too, but when use in battle, I prefer Sky Form. Musical or Contests, Land Form.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I always liked the land form a bit more but there's no denying how much of a beast Skymin can be lol. I still like the original Shaymin a bit more though just due to how cuddly it is ^^

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I always liked the land form a bit more but there's no denying how much of a beast Skymin can be lol. I still like the original Shaymin a bit more though just due to how cuddly it is ^^
Skymin, that's a great Nickname lol

UPDATE: I have added signature moves & abilities updated to the main post. Please look at the list of the Legendary Pokemon and hover any that holds their specific moves/abilities. Mewtwo would be the first to show up. Unova is yet to be finished, please be patience! Any suggestions would be appreciated as well.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
skymin is the mod of the RP section.

fast activuty huh?

Favorite Arceus type? Gotta go with the water type, especially it complements well with Drizzle Kyogre. And I love blue.

Sky or Land? Hmm... Sky is such a great design, far more superior than land. So I gotta go with Sky.

Years
Welcome Snivy!! Arceus has crazy Stats for a single Pokemon. It's just crazy!

Welcome! FYI, my nephew names his Darkrai Shadow as well ;)

Welcome! I remember when I first met Rayquaza in Ruby, I was like xD and when I caught it, I was like :D then before you know it. It was the king of my Party LOL

Rayquaza can be devastating when used correctly.

Welcome to the club PokemonLady! No nickname for Giratina? :( Alrighty

If we're providing Swords Dance for Arceus, you do know Punishment is a Dark Type move and can work wonders with it? I prefer Punishment over Shadow Claw. Not to mention the typing is optional and if you use Dark type Gengar would be in trouble. It all varies on how you use the advantage of Arcues.

Bug-type Arceus. Never used that one before. I've only used Dark, Dragon & Steel and I found that Steel type is the most frustrating among the other trainers.

NEW TOPIC DISCUSSION!!

I think I'll give it a nickname... I'll give it the Name

Raven the Giratina

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
skymin is the mod of the RP section.

fast activuty huh?

Favorite Arceus type? Gotta go with the water type, especially it complements well with Drizzle Kyogre. And I love blue.

Sky or Land? Hmm... Sky is such a great design, far more superior than land. So I gotta go with Sky.
I agree with Sky Shaymin for sure. Fast activity=Topic discussion? Sorry lol

Unova moves/abilities are finally updated. Have fun reading!

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I prefer the usual type, I haven't really used any of the plates, so I don't have any experience with 'em. :3

Just being honest here! XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
TBH I thought of using a Arceus as a mixed sweeper with a moveset such as CM, Judgment, SD, and either Outrage or Waterfall if you were using the Draco or Splash Plate and yes I know it's a dumb idea but there's just so much variety with Arceus lol.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Who do you think is the Strongest Legendary Pokemon?
darkrai
Which Typing do you prefer on Arceus and why?
I've never used/owned an Arceus. i would prefer Ghost-type Arceus
land Shaymin is cuter than the sky Shaymin. i like land Shaymin

few pics of the Pokemon of the week : victini
Spoiler:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I think I'll give it a nickname... I'll give it the Name

Raven the Giratina

Your 'Tina has been nicknamed :)

I prefer the usual type, I haven't really used any of the plates, so I don't have any experience with 'em. :3

Just being honest here! XD
Normal typing is Super Effective by Fighting only, so Normal is good also.

I like to use the Steel type because it has so many resistance to many types. Only have to watch out for Fighting/Fire/Ground type attacks however. But for coloring/view, I prefer Dragon/Ghost/Dark. Just plain look sick!

Who do you think is the Strongest Legendary Pokemon?
darkrai
Which Typing do you prefer on Arceus and why?
I've never used/owned an Arceus. i would prefer Ghost-type Arceus
land Shaymin is cuter than the sky Shaymin. i like land Shaymin

few pics of the Pokemon of the week : victini
Spoiler:
NICE!!! Victini and Mew are just way to cute. Victini and Mew separate are good enough! Together, it's unreal! lol. Which leads to the next topic:

Who is the cutest Legendary Pokemon?

cute pics of victini! I love how he holds the status of the only pokemon having 000 as regional pokedex number.
I still don't understand why on the national Pokedex is Victini listed after Arceus. Just to make it interesting or is there a reason?

Last edited:

TY

Latias is the cutest in my opinion, just look at her (Its female)...

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Latias is the cutest in my opinion, just look at her (Its female)...
So is...Cresselia. :P

I like to consider myself banned from using her because she'd win in every pick I can choose her in [Otherwise I'd be using her everytime, ya know? lol] so...Mew would be a close 2nd! How can you not think Mew's cute? :X

Spoiler:

Also I have given up 50 Points to purchase a 2nd Pokemon, Hermione! (Mew). Just mention whatever you want to purchase on here when you choose to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back