• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Game Features

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ok, so before when we found out about the new 3D Pokedex and Pokemon AR Searcher (Dream Radar for international), we received the first reports of new features for Black 2 and White 2.

While on Serebii just now I found this:
Two new wireless features have been revealed in a Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 promotional pamphlet.

The first feature is Fes (Festival) Mission which allows you to cooperate wirelessly with nearby players. You'll get missions and your score will determine what prize you get. For example, one mission involves finding Audino with a maximum of 11 players. Sounds similar to the missions you could participate in during Black and White.

Join Avenue is an area in which stores will be opened in your game by players you've met wirelessly. They may also come as customers.

TWO new features for the game, and both are quite interesting.

First the Fes Mission. Ok this sounds suspiciously like Entreelink. Perhaps its an upgrade to Entreelink, either wait it sounds like some minor fun thing that I can't see TOO many people using internationally because a lot of international users don't use the wireless features.

The second, Join Avenue. Now this sounds really cool, first thing I thought of was the Mix Record thing from Emerald. I'm just wonderin if we can open our own shops and make money that way or what. People you meet opening their own mini stores is an awesome feature, just hope they sell useful items.

What do you think about the new features?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
When I heard of the Venure the ability to make money off the shop came up too...I wonder how we get a selection of items. Perhaps we choose a specialty like Vitamins, Insense, or perhaps it's a mix.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Both of these new features sound really interesting in theory. I'm not sure if I'll ever use the Fes Mission, given that I don't know anyone around me who plays the games... but the Join Avenue - whose name will surely be changed for the English-language release? - could be great, depending on its execution. I'm always a fan when Game Freak break loose from their shackles and wildly experiment, so even if these turn out to suck, I at least hope that they're interesting. :D

Years
The first new feature is something I feel that will be used as a just for fun thing. I personally don't see myself using it all that often or even at all.

As for the second feature: I could see myself really into this. If it is in fact your own store in which you can sell you items and make in-game money off of them, I'm in. It's really interesting and a fun way to interact with fellow players.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
They both sound so cute! I'm wondering if that big shopping market has anything to do with Join Avenue. Maybe it IS Join Avenue? Seems like an appropriate spot, if you ask me. Either way, I think I'd love using these new features as much as possible. The mission thing sounds like something me and a group of friends can do and have a blast with it, and we always trade Pokemon with items attached to get items, and now this makes it much easier to get items from one another!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I actually wondered that too at first @ shopping market, Jelli! But if it is opening your own shop? idk, that just seems strange, like it doesn't really seem Pokemon-ish, considering the idea of Pokemon is that you don't really stay in one spot. However with this... you're basically doing that. XD;

Also finding Audino seems way too easy of a thing to do. :x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I actually wondered that too at first @ shopping market, Jelli! But if it is opening your own shop? idk, that just seems strange, like it doesn't really seem Pokemon-ish, considering the idea of Pokemon is that you don't really stay in one spot. However with this... you're basically doing that. XD;

Also finding Audino seems way too easy of a thing to do. :x

Maybe they include a time limit into the selling process? Seems like a way to solve that issue, and then you can only do it once a day! Besides, with players on missions to find certain items I'm sure you'd get a lot of visitors.

And maybe it's like a race? The first to find Audino wins. And plus, the missions could be categorized by most difficult to least difficult.

I'm definitely convinced it's in that supermarket place:

Spoiler:

See? The tiles and the sides of where the player is at are exactly the same as that market we've been shown in the trailers.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe they include a time limit into the selling process? Seems like a way to solve that issue, and then you can only do it once a day! Besides, with players on missions to find certain items I'm sure you'd get a lot of visitors.

And maybe it's like a race? The first to find Audino wins. And plus, the missions could be categorized by most difficult to least difficult.

I'm definitely convinced it's in that supermarket place:

Spoiler:

See? The tiles and the sides of where the player is at are exactly the same as that market we've been shown in the trailers.

Oh that suckssss, I really wanted to explore that area on its own, not for this. XD; And possibly, I hope there are more complicated missions like find a repel in 10 minutes within the region by asking someone for it or something, or bargaining. Might seem too realistic though. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Oh that suckssss, I really wanted to explore that area on its own, not for this. XD; And possibly, I hope there are more complicated missions like find a repel in 10 minutes within the region by asking someone for it or something, or bargaining. Might seem too realistic though. :(

Well I'm sure the market has some set NPCs as well as PCs in there!
Those seem a little too realistic. Maybe just like, getting to one point, talking to so many people, finding so many of one Pokemon, catching so many of one Pokemon; stuff like that! Either way these features sure are gettin' me excited! :B

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well today we found out that the Fes Mission IS exactly like the Entralink Missions.

That long corridor that they have been showing for a while is Join Avenue.

And we got something new today as well. It is shown that the PC can collect some Medallions from certain characters. I'm wondering what these Medallions are. Are the like replacements for Ribbons? Just not on Pokemon. New side mission thing to collect them all? How do we go about getting these medallions?

x_x So many new questions.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Well today we found out that the Fes Mission IS exactly like the Entralink Missions.

That long corridor that they have been showing for a while is Join Avenue.

And we got something new today as well. It is shown that the PC can collect some Medallions from certain characters. I'm wondering what these Medallions are. Are the like replacements for Ribbons? Just not on Pokemon. New side mission thing to collect them all? How do we go about getting these medallions?

x_x So many new questions.

Omg I know! Where do we get these missions, what do we get when we complete them? Is the medal possibly a reward for completing a mission?
These games needa come out NAO. I need to know. ;;

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Join Avenue sounds amazing. Running a shop is something new and I applaud Nintendo for coming out of the usual and creating something new.

blue

gucci
Years
It seems like they are introducing a lot more than they do in regular third games even though these are direct sequels but that's the good thing, it makes it feel like they're completely different from Black & White.

Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - CoroCoro Details
The first detals of CoroCoro are coming in thanks to the user who leaked it on Twitter last month. We'll report on more details as it comes, including images so keep checking back.
First, the PokéTransfer is confirmed to return within Black 2 & White 2
Tornadus, Thundurus & Landorus may change form via an item, but Sacred Beast Forme is catchable only in Dream Radar
Edit @ 03:54: Keldeo changes form by taking it to the forest near Sangi Town (a new area), which is said to be the second town
Edit @ 08:03; Fes Mission may have over 100 possible people connected within it.
Black Kyurem & White Kyurem have the abilities of Teravolt and Turboblaze respectively, to match Zekrom & Reshiram
You can receive items through Pokémon Dream Radar
Edit @ 08:38; Able to trade from Black & White right after receiving the C-Gear
This information is not 100% confirmed yet, due to lack of images, but as soon as we get confirmation, it'll be posted
Edit : 06:19: Another batch of dub titles from the same source as before has come and revealed that Tachiwaki City will be called Virbank City. This is currently unconfirmed

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Found out what the Medals are for. They are similar to the Achievements on the Xbox and the Trophies on the PS3.

As for New Feature News:
Medal system is a sort of "achievement" system akin to the 360/PS3
Medals are obtained by catching certain Pokemon, for example
The medal HQ is located in Castelia City
There are over 200 medals you can obtain and you can use them to decorate your trainer card
Live Caster has minigames this time around – Balloon Catch and Balloon Smash
FES Missions and Join Avenue items differ by game version
Upon completing fes missions you can receive Pass Power or rare items as a reward
There are more Pass Powers than there were in BW, and they're easier to use
You can connect with other players in the Join Avenue via local wireless or WiFi

Also the C-Gear is back in Black and White 2 with a new look.

20120615-142423.jpg

This is a Keldeo skin that will be released, but I was refering to the buttons that we get to press.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
What I'm liking is the Fes Missions and 200 Medals to get in-game. That's a lot of post-game events to do. They really stepped it up with B2W2! :D

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
I like join avenue and the fes missions. I just hope you can do this over wi-fi because nobody in my area of Memphis likes pokemon enough to use the wireless feature

🎶SO LONELY WHY AM I SO LONELY😭🎶

I love the concept of achievement medallions; im a hardcore gamer that has to have EVERYTHING 100%ted so this will keep me busy

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I like join avenue and the fes missions. I just hope you can do this over wi-fi because nobody in my area of Memphis likes pokemon enough to use the wireless feature

🎶SO LONELY WHY AM I SO LONELY😭🎶

I love the concept of achievement medallions; im a hardcore gamer that has to have EVERYTHING 100%ted so this will keep me busy
It says they are also enabled for Wi-fi.
Serebii said:
Join Avenue can receive information from players through local wireless or even connecting through the Nintendo WiFi Connection. You need to talk to the manager to see who opens up the shop. The contents of the shop vary from purchasing a collection of berries to whole new items that can boost your stats or increase the speed you can hatch eggs

Are the medals only obtainable for post game?
The new C-gear looks nice, I hope we can change it up like in BW but with more button shapes.
I think its for the entirety of the game as some of the Medals are from catching specific Pokemon or finding items. If its like the Trophy/Achievement system then its so long as you play the game and you'd get some at major story points.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Oh wow that's extensive. I can't wait to get them all!

Oh that's a relief I also thought Join avenue was only for local like High link missions were in BW.

Back