• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Berries

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So in Unova we couldn't water them or grow them, and assuming the Dream World stays Generation Five, do you think they'll be able to be planted in this region once more? Or even in a pot plant, or something along those lines? Do you see it as something this region will include? Share your thoughts! If so would they change the original growth mechanics or not? As in what it takes to grow stuff, etc.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I think berries will be planted around the region, yes. It was easier before rather than to go onto some dream world thing online. I also liked planting berries, I remember how I used to plant berries wherever I could in R/S/E, it was fun. I think the original mechanics are fine, it shouldn't really be sped up, because that kind of makes it too easy.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, in the trailer, there seems to be a lot of vegetation, like in grasslands, in jungles, and in forests, so, I do hope there will be nice soil to harvest berries. If not, maybe the dream world will provide that, assuming that dream world will still have the same mechanics.

Hm, maybe there is a key item like some sort of a greenhouse small pot full of soil, where you can take care and grow a berry plant morally? Alas, I think the growth mechanics will remain the same, but they can add in different types of items like different mulches and different fertilizers.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It'd be great if growing berries returned. I had a lot of fun with it in gen III and I don't use Dream World, so I didn't get any in gen V except what's given to you in the story. Being able to grow your own berries is just so efficient and fun. I hate that it got removed in gen V. Pleeeease bring it back, Game Freak. :(

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I highly doubt this feature will come back. They tried it in 4th GEN and failed with it, so that is probably why you never saw it after that. That I can remember anyway.

Years
I think berries will be planted around the region, yes. It was easier before rather than to go onto some dream world thing online. I also liked planting berries, I remember how I used to plant berries wherever I could in R/S/E, it was fun. I think the original mechanics are fine, it shouldn't really be sped up, because that kind of makes it too easy.

I think so too. Growing them, having certain patches where you could grow a ton, etc, was the fun part and gave you other things to do in your downtime.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
I hope they bring it back since berries actually adds a slight excitement to us... And planting berries kills time too... :3

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I think growing Berries will indeed make a return. Maybe you'll be able to grow them in your garden in the player's house, that is if they include gardens in there. It would be also great to see berries appearing in the same way as they did in Ruby and Sapphire, as well as Diamond and Pearl.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
If they do make a return, I kind of hope they can be grown in portable Berry Pots like in HGSS, since that made it a lot easier to keep track of your berries, not to mention you don't have to fly all over to water them. And then maybe you could start with four pots and be able to acquire more later on? Idk XD

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I hope berries return.

I really liked the Berry system. I didn't exactly like having to always go to the DW to always get a large amount of berries.

Speaking of stuff that needs to come back, you know what else should come back?
The trick master's house! I loved that guys house! And since it's supposedly based off of France, maybe he could speak all French-ish.

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Berries should be back to the game and not stay in the DW. Not all of us have acess or time to be going there daily.
A whole generation without them and without being able to migrate them along with pokemon was enough of a torture. I hope they don't decide to do the same thing again.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years

Yeah but I say that maybe if you're on the go, or want to make Pokeblocks on the road (because those are my favorite over poffins and juice xD)

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Yes, pokeblocks please.
I hate stirring that pot to make poffins!

blue

gucci
Years
I hope they re-introduce Berry Trees, although it's unlikely it would make collecting berries so much easier than going into the Dream World.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Berries, Berries... interesting!

So we've pretty much discussed about what kind of mechanism you'd like to see to grow berries in Pokémon X and Y.

But what about new berry types? Diamond/Pearl introduced several new kinds of berries which were added on from the berries that were introduced in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire.

What would you like to see as new types of berries?

I'd certainly like to see some types of berries that cause status ailments like poisoning if eaten, but being able to increase some statuses like Attack or Special Attack.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
PLEASE have berries actually be of somewhat important significance this time around.

I do admit the fact Unova just did away with berries altogether peeved me a little. I dream of a game where Potions aren't so common and berries are the main method of healing (obviously, we'd need berries that can restore more HP, but that's easy to fix).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
PLEASE have berries actually be of somewhat important significance this time around.

I do admit the fact Unova just did away with berries altogether peeved me a little. I dream of a game where Potions aren't so common and berries are the main method of healing (obviously, we'd need berries that can restore more HP, but that's easy to fix).

I'm sorry...but I have to say it.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

As for new berries, that would be cool. In the new evolution thread I posted something about a new cooking Mini-game similar to making Poffins. Other than berries you'd be able to use other ingrediants, but berries would still be one of the main uses. New food berries would be nice.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I'm sorry...but I have to say it.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

As for new berries, that would be cool. In the new evolution thread I posted something about a new cooking Mini-game similar to making Poffins. Other than berries you'd be able to use other ingrediants, but berries would still be one of the main uses. New food berries would be nice.

I've never actually played Mystery Dungeon before! It's one of those things I haven't ever tried.

The cooking idea would be cool! I liked making Poffins. Generally, I like the cute minigames they have, like the Pokeathlon as well... it's a shame they don't have more minigames like those.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Merged these two threads on berries.

I would like berries to come back, but only if it is in the game itself (not in DW when you can only access them every 24 hours and not even every day), and also I would much prefer being able to grow berries in the wild. Heck, I''d even take the 'loamy ground' text again!

Back