• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Missing é in Pokémon's summary page

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
While working on my game, I noticed that when looking at a pokémon's summary page, the é character is missing from the pokemon's ability description for every pokémon. It just appears as the missing character square box. I've properly installed the fonts that comes with Essentials 17.2 to my computer and the é appears everywhere else in my game properly. It seems to be just with the pokémon summary page. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Can you check the abilities.txt PBS file?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
Yep, the é character appears as it should in the abilities.txt. It's an unmodified abilities.txt from the Gen 7 Sun and Moon project. But the same issue occurs if I swap out my abilities.txt with the default Essentials 17.2 abilities.txt.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Weird. Is it in UTF8 Encoding

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
Ah! That was it! I wouldn't have thought to check the encoding. It was in ASCI, but with a quick conversion to UFT8 it solved the issue in the game. Thank you for your help HM100!

Last edited:
Back