• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eventide Café

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

Eventide Café

cafeeventide.png

Welcome, patrons, to Eventide Café. Here we serve all manner of cuisine and refreshments to any person who finds himself or herself inside our doors. We offer you the use of our dining area, bar, lounge and games room for your entertainment and relaxation.
Please, do not hesitate to participate.

Some of you may be wondering why this establishment seems familiar. Perhaps you recall the old Nightclub that was fairly popular a while back? This café is built on its remains by the same proprietor and will likely hold a similar atmosphere due to that fact.

One of the failings of the much-loved Nightclub was its lack of organization and clear, simple rules. To avoid the same confusion, we shall now provide you with a comprehensive guide.

The most important rule is that you may not act as if you are in a forum. You must act as if you are in a café. It matters not how you do this. You may write an RP-style post, or you may simply use asterisks (*) to indicate action. You may be yourself or you may create a character for yourself to act as. You may not comment on signatures, avatars, or grammar.

What is also needed is creativity. Stir up a bit of excitement in the scene. We can't just have people ordering lemonade and talking about their day, that gets boring. Take initiative to start something, play off others, have fun. Don't make things stale.

If anything else comes up I shall add it to the list. For now, have fun!

My name is Anna and I will be your bartender for the duration of your stay.
Would you like anything?

Last edited:

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
A young girl, roughly around the age of 18 and goes by the name of Sammy Wilson, strolls in through the open front doors. Her attention was drawn to the bright neon lights, much like how a moth is. As she walks in, she is surprised at the lack of life this place has.

'For a place this nice, I would expect it to have at least a little bit of activity.' She thought to herself.

She sits down in a red metal chair at the bar and promptly pulls out her sketchpad and pen out of her worn out green messenger bag and begins to sketch some sort of new design as she waits for some sort of other lifeform to appear.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Anna notices the girl seat herself at the bar and finishes tying her shoulder-length hair back into a ponytail. She quells her excitement- Eventide's first customer!- and bustles over. Curiously, she peeks at the girl's sketch before remembering herself. The girl seems to be busy, so Anna wanders back to her place before she finds Jared has arrived. Smiling, she greets him with a happy "Hello!" and continues with "Sure, I'll grab that for you. Won't take a sec~"

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Awesome! Thanks Anna. :3 -pulls out DS- I always like one of those when I play my video games, haha. I dunno why, I just know I do. And they taste so good!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
"You should man up and buy a real drink sometime," Anna teases as she hands over his 'Virgin Cuba Libre'. She then turns back to the girl, who is still concentrating on her sketchbook.

"Welcome to Eventide, dear. Is there anything you'd like me to get for you?"

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
Sammy finishes the final details on her sketch when she notices another female peeping at her drawing. She walks off, seeming to not wanting to disturb Sammy.

Sammy looks up to see another person, this one a male, who seems to be playing a small, electronic device that she recognizes to be a DS, having owning one herself.

The girl turns back over to Sammy. "Welcome to Eventide, dear. Is there anything you'd like me to get for you?"

Sammy was about to say no, but then her stomach made a small noise. "Mhmm, do you by chance have anything I could eat?"

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
"Sure thing! What would you like?" Anna hands the girl a menu for her perusal. "We've got most everything you'd find in a café. Just say the word if anything looks good."

-Jared-

Years
"You know I will in half a year when it becomes legal for me to," Jared replies with a grin and a tilt of his glass, before taking a swig of his drink. He unpaused his game and continued with his adventure, but made sure to stay aware of his surroundings so he wouldn't end up ignoring anyone like he so often found himself doing.

-Jared-

Years
"You know, you probably shouldn't say that so loud, you know," Jared chuckles. "Also, could I get a menu as well? I am famished."

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
"It's a fact. Everybody knows it," Anna tosses a menu at Jared, figuring he'll probably catch it. If he doesn't, it will likely spill his drink, which he will probably clean up since he'll feel guilty about not catching the menu.

She doesn't like it when he feels guilty.

She throws it at him anyway.

-Jared-

Years
Jared reaches out to grab the menu as it approaches him. He just misses, but as it sails past, he reaches out with his other arm and catches it. However, in the act of doing so, he leans back and his knees hit the counters, shaking it and spilling his drink.

"Oh shoot, sorry about that, I'll get it," Jared says, grabbing a handful of paper napkins to clean up the mess.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Anna sighs. "Don't worry too much about it." Without looking, she throws him a proper towel to assist in his cleanup. It would probably hit him. He may or may not actually notice. She fills him another drink while he cleans because now she feels guilty that he's cleaning it up when it was really her fault, but she'd never show it. Instead she gives him another drink and a plate of nachos as she puts out an air of mild exasperation.

-Jared-

Years
"Oh hey, thanks!" Jared responds, somehow catching the towel in the air this time. He wipes up the rest of the spill and hands the towel to Anna.

"Ooh nachos!" he exclaims, and immediately starts scarfing them down. "Thanks!"

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Anna takes the towel from him, smiling fondly. "Yeah, no problem." She throws the rag into the dirty cloth pile and leans on the counter, swiping a nacho from Jared's plate.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Suddenly, the doors burst open and a cold air fills the room instantly. A figure, vaguely humanshape, is in the doorway, just sort of standing there.

-Jared-

Years
Jared didn't mind in the slightest that Anna was stealing his nachos, considering the plate had quite a lot of them on it. Being as hungry as he was, and a fast eater to boot, he finished off the plate in no time.

"Well, thanks for the food and drink Anna. I gotta get going though. I'll be back in later!" Jared smiled and waved as he left.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Anna shivers as she waves him off and wonders why, then notices the doors are wide open, framing a not-quite-identifiable person. "Hello there," she greets the stranger. "Why don't you come sit down instead of hanging out in the doorway?"

Last edited:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Silently passing by Jared on his way out, the figure moves forward at Anna's word, but instead of moving into the dim blue light of the café, she--noticeably a she now--seems to carry the shadow with her, her face as well obscured as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back