• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Head to the Safari!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As we know, Unova skipped the zone, however it was common in regions before Unova. Do you think we could see a reappearance of the Safari Zone? Would you like it in the region? Do you think it would make sense appearing in the region? Would you like it to be changed/redesigned in any way, to be like the fourth generation one or more like the classics? Share your thoughts!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd like a simple, classic Safari Zone to return. No crazy rearranging the place, no mud bogs, no Pokeblocks, just get in, catch stuff, and get out. Simple. :) ...Though if it does come back, I hope I don't find a shiny in there...

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I wouldn't mind rearranging areas, just not having to place certain things in them and waiting x number of days to find certain Pokemon :< 'Course, they could just put all those areas in one big Safari Zone and make it like Kanto's, pretty much. Definitely don't want to have to make my own food to throw, getting stuck in mud, or having to have a certain bike to get to certain areas X_X

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I would absolutely love to see a Safari Zone in Pokémon X and Y. Or maybe have it in a totally new style like how the Pastoria Great Marsh was like?

This place surely would be a good place to capture Pokémon that appear from other regions outside of the region that Pokémon X and Y are based on. I'd like to see Pokémon such as Patrat and Watchog in the Safari Zone.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Nooo I hate the Safari Zone and hope it never comes back. If they have a Dream World-like game for this generation I'm sure that they won't bring it back.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
I wouldn't be opposed to the return of Safari Zone, but at this stage I think there are so many other things included that it would be left out.

I like PokemonShinySilver's idea of it containing Pokemon from other regions though!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd prefer the classic safari zone like in the original RBY. Maybe they can add a system on where you can add traps to certain places to catch rarer pokemon?

BlockedHeart

Pokemon Master
Years
I think the safari zone should definitely make a return, but I think maybe the Daycare Center could become bigger, more like a park, or trainer hotspot, and it would double as the safari zone in another area. That way, you could run around and catch Pokemon while yours breed.

Sirfetch’d

Oh I hope it returns I really missed it and the HG/SS safari zone was a major letdown, IMO. I hope it returns with various Unova and Sinnoh Pokemon and maybe some from the first 2 gens and has many SIMPLE acessable areas. I love this idea;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I want Safari Zone back! It was so much fun hunting for rare Pokemon in LeafGreen and Emerald. Hope they add Safari Zone into X and Y, that would be awesome. I think Safari Zone would make sense appearing in any region, it just somehow fits in. I don't mind if they add in a couple new features such as decreasing the chances of a Pokemon fleeing, I hated hunting for a specific rare Pokemon and when I finally found it, it would flee. So, less chance of fleeing please!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I want to see it return. I imagine it'll have an extra mechanic similar to how each of the regions have had their own special mechanics (Pokeblocks in Hoenn, bogs in Sinnoh, and rearraging in Johto)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I loved the Safari Zone, heck it's one of the places I went to most in the Hoenn and Sinnoh Games. I never really got to the point of experiencing the Dream World, so I can't say thats better.

I could totally see well, wish they will bring it back and I was fine with the idea of feeding to try to catch the pokemon. I do however believe we should keep areas that you can only enter if you have a bike, if you have surf, ect. Just so you can keep going back and finding new places.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I feel like it was cool and all but it lacks excitement IMO, maybe something more like R/S/E where you can do more than add items, if it stays the same then I'll be like, whatever, if it comes xD

blue

gucci
Years
I never bother with the Safari Zone, I would much rather they scatter the Wild Pokemon out around the region rather than enclose a group of more uncommon Pokemon in the same area.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
I don't really want a safari zone,but,
If there actually is a safari zone,
I wouldn't mind rearranging areas,I still want it though.
And I like the idea "just get in and catch stuff".

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
If they have in mind to include the Safari Zone, I hope it will be like the one in Gen I, please. I didn't like the other Safari Zones, they were annoying to explore :|

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd like to see the Safari Zone make a comeback because it was fun catching the Pokémon there without having to actually battle them.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I am a fan of the classic Safari zone. Never really got into the whole Items thing. I would love to see safari zone return.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Yeah - I missed having a Safari Zone in Unova. It's just nice to have a place where you can catch rare stuff that's not available anywhere else in the game.

And as noted, I'd just like to have a plain old Safari Zone - no mud bogs, no feeding stations, nothing like that. Just Safari Balls and two things to throw - one that increases catch rate but makes fleeing more likely and one that makes fleeing less likely but decreases catch rate. That was a nice, intriguing mechanic, and it worked just fine. Mix in some alternate paths and some surfing spots and maybe a bit of a maze with some nice items hidden here and there and you've got a winning Safari Zone.

Back