• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TopDownShooter - Active Development

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Hi all, I have been developing a game in Unity for the last month and I feel as though I have made good progress, enough to show the game off and seek feedback. This game is a top down shooter, it is full 3D and is updated daily. Here is a video explaining the game and my hopes/plans for the game's future.

Right now there is no story, there may never be one. this it just a kill em' all Top Down Shooter. Here is a quick todo/planned features list

• Add 50 Waves[5%]
  • Add Power-Ups
  • Update EnemyAI to AdvancedAI
  • Add LeaderBoards
  • Add Achievements
  • Add more Enemies
  • Add Pause Menu
  • Fix Enemy SpawnLocations script

This is just a short list of things I plan to do that i can think of off the top of my head I'll constantly be updating my website as well as this post

There is a demo below, hopefully it wont get removed
Demo - Play Now!

Also you can check my signature for the link to my website.

If you play the demo please take the time to post your feedback so I can keep the demo active and help make this a better game.

Last edited:

KingCharizard

Years
Demo Updated now includes two power ups, shields and health.. Also spawn script has been updated and the player model has been changed a bit.. check my website in my signature for more info

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Don't feel so bad. non-pokemon games don't really get that much attention.
and its hard to tell that it's a fully 3D game- fixed camera and all.

it looks interesting enough, but does seem overly simplistic. due to the fact it's an arena based top-down shooter.

imo; if you really want to take it to the next level, it might be better to expand it into a Level Based game. have a large somewhat maze like level with puzzles and whatnot. keycards or whatever. enemies wondering around the place. objectives and a boss at the end of the level or something like that.

basically, im imagining a DOOM1 like level design, but as a top down shooter.

and keep the game as it currently is as a Hoard/Survival type mode.

KingCharizard

Years
imo; if you really want to take it to the next level, it might be better to expand it into a Level Based game. have a large somewhat maze like level with puzzles and whatnot. keycards or whatever. enemies wondering around the place. objectives and a boss at the end of the level or something like that.

Thanks for this and I was actually concidering this.. making it more like a city intead of a arena. I have to change the way the Enemies spawn but Yeah your idea(Minus the puzzles and keycards) is exactly what I was thinking this game needed and the puzzles and key card ideas could be interesting :) thanks DarkDoom

Back