• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: The All Animations Project

Andyman409

Noob
Years
Wow... this thread sure took a life of it's own. I just wanted to thank everyone who has currently made a contribution to the project. Your efforts have not gone unnoticed!

I will see what I can do after I finish my final course. Once I'm safely enrolled in university I'll try to lend more of a hand.

cheers!

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
So, I've been gone for awhile but I'm back and ready to contribute to the project. I will begin work on this soon.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
If and when this becomes finished sometime in the near future, will these be included in future versions of Pokemon Essentials?

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
While I'm not one to say, I do believe that it will. Although I wouldn't put it into the "near future", seeing the speed of the progress of the project.

Years
Hi guys, just a quick question...

Does anybody have any idea how they're going to go about making 'Surf'? As far as I can see, Essentials doesn't have the ability to show one animation in the centre of the screen ONCE and then inflict damage to everyone, I've tried creating an attack that does something similar but it shows the animation 3 times in different parts of the screen for each Pokémon... any ideas?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I came to that conclusion too. Essentials can't do it.

Part of this project is figuring out what animation options are needed. Once that's known, it can be figured out how to implement them.

One related question I can think of is: should every move which hits multiple targets only show its animation once, or are there some moves which should show their animation for each target in turn? The solution is different depending on the answer.

Years
I came to that conclusion too. Essentials can't do it.

Part of this project is figuring out what animation options are needed. Once that's known, it can be figured out how to implement them.

One related question I can think of is: should every move which hits multiple targets only show its animation once, or are there some moves which should show their animation for each target in turn? The solution is different depending on the answer.

Definitely think it should only show once, moves like Surf do that in-game and I think it looks so much better.

Is there a way perhaps to make certain attacks play an animation straight from RMXP's animation editor rather than the Pokémon essentials one? Because some moves like surf aren't going to actually be "aimed" at a target, they would just play the same animation no matter who it's aimed at.

Maruno

Years
Yes, I know Surf should only show the animation once. My question was whether there are any moves which hit multiple battlers which should show the animation for each of them. As I said, different changes are required depending on the answer.

The Screen position may be what you want for things like Surf.

Years
Yes, I know Surf should only show the animation once. My question was whether there are any moves which hit multiple battlers which should show the animation for each of them. As I said, different changes are required depending on the answer.

The Screen position may be what you want for things like Surf.

Oh I see! Uhm, I can't think of any off the top of my head to be honest!

Aha, right! So do you mean the "Set Animation Position" tool? I had a play around with that and still couldn't quite figure it out, I'd really appreciate it if you could check out my thread to get a better idea of what I'm struggling with.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301489

If I could figure out how to get this working I'd be more than willing to help out with the All Animations project, it's just I'm a graphic designer by heart and all the technical stuff sort of confuses me.

EDIT: Oh wait I just re-read your post, let me just check that out.

EDIT 2: Tried setting the attack to screen, when I try to Test Animation I get this error message:

Spoiler:

If I go back into the editor and just save the animation without trying to test it, in-game the attack does nothing apart from 'Whoever used Luminous Mars' and no animation or damage is done.

FINAL EDIT:

So sorry about all this, just been looking through some posts and found when you post this:

That's a known bug. In PBAnimations line 696, make sure it reads:

Code:
def initialize(animation,user,target,viewport=nil)
I think that solves it.

It all works perfect now thank you! As soon as I hand in my final major project for Uni I'm definitely coming to help you guys with this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
Hey all, this is a great project! I'm finishing university in 3 weeks, and will then have a go at both ripping to sprite-sheets and putting together some complete animations in the editor. Depending on which I find easiest/less tedious, I'll concentrate my efforts into one or the other. Good job to all who have contributed so far, you'll hear from me again soon! :)

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
Hey everybody, Just wanted to say I have started work on 2 attack animations and it's going well. I'll upload them when they are done.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Hello everyone. I've made something like 150 animations independently of this project. I think that about 100 of them are not in essentials yet!
I'd like to help and join the project. I want to donate my animations.
Would anyone volunteer to upload them separately and organise them in the wiki?
Where should I upload the files?
Hope it helps.

Stuff I've done:
Spoiler:

Some of them need improvement, but most are fine.

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
Just put them all in a zip file or something (preferably containing one folder per animation), upload it to one of the many file hosting sites, and post the link here. Remember to include the sprite sheets and any audio files the moves use as well.

I look forward to seeing the new animations!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
OMG Giu, congrats for that, I'm actually excited for this project... It's getting on very well... If only this was done when first couple gens were out, most moves would be done by now... Well done you guys.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
I've organized them in separate folders. They are ready to be imported to any game. It seems like I can't post external liks here, because my number of posts is too low. I'll post the link in the wikia forum (where my username is Knowledger).

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Hello everyone,

About a month ago I said I had something like 100 animations to add to Essentials. It turned out that some of the animations had a problem and most of them could not be used.
I fixed the problem now, and the animations are working perfectly fine.
Would anyone volunteer to upload them separately and organise them in the wiki?
http://www.mediafire.com/?3pdp5ayl2epr7x2

I really hope it helps this awesome project.

Cheers,

Giu

Last edited:
Back