• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
@hPoke: About the new pokémon sprite I'll let Zephyr answer you since she made that one..

As some of you know, on Sunday it was my birthday. I couldn't make anything special for you because I didn't had much time but today I managed to make a gameplay video of the Passage cave which is the connection between Kevlar Town and Nowtoch City (1st gym city).
On that one you'll also be able to check the new menu better than on the gif, also check a lot of new mixed midis that I made as well. Have fun!

Spoiler:

For some odd reason the youtube bbc function isn't working so here is the link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3UXtW9L9II

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Well, I've seen the features in the update before, so I think you know that I like them, however... I do have to comment on your new teaser screen.

The style of that new sprite doesn't seem to go well with your new style. I think the difference is mainly in the perspective, or the pose. For that new sprite, you have a very conventional pose from a head-on perspective, but many of the new sprites you've shown seem to use poses and perspectives much more like Platinum.

Also, the battle background is a bit off in my opinion. It looks not so much like Pokemon as Final Fantasy, or gritty Fire Emblem.

Pahar's sprite is actually in the same style of the rest in terms of coloring and shading; "Platinum-style" isn't exactly what I would call a different style from D/P; some D/P sprites were posed dynamically too (Vulpix comes to mind). I simply chose a static pose in this case in order to show off the design details, which may not have come out as well had it been, say, flying. Its evolutions should satisfy your craving for the extreme. ;D

The backgrounds are from Keitai Denjuu Telefang 2, and I rather prefer them to the bland traditional Pokemon backgrounds. Do you think it would look better if it was blurred slightly?

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Oh goodness, you just said the h-word.

I like the way the game looks a lot. However, there are a few things I should point out:

- At the opening to the city after the cave (either you haven't released the name or I don't remember it-- probably the latter), the fence you placed crosses over into the river. Kind of vague, but you can see it in the player's view right as he saves.

-The cave seems a little on the thin side (specifically towards the end)... it's also a little short, but I guess that's just because it's at the beginning of the game.

- What kind of "manly" trainer carries around Barewl?

@ZephyrPlusle: Ah.. I didn't recognize the backgrounds. I'm a huge fan of Telefang, though. Still, there's nothing wrong about a static pose (so many pokemon in third gen were in it...), it's just that dynamic poses DO look way better, in my opinion.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
sounds cool,but personally...i don't like any hack that has new pokes...
i preffer the old pokes hehe

What really doesn't sound cool is you calling my game a hack..

Oh goodness, you just said the h-word.

I like the way the game looks a lot. However, there are a few things I should point out:

- At the opening to the city after the cave (either you haven't released the name or I don't remember it-- probably the latter), the fence you placed crosses over into the river. Kind of vague, but you can see it in the player's view right as he saves.

-The cave seems a little on the thin side (specifically towards the end)... it's also a little short, but I guess that's just because it's at the beginning of the game.

- What kind of "manly" trainer carries around Barewl?

@ZephyrPlusle: Ah.. I didn't recognize the backgrounds. I'm a huge fan of Telefang, though. Still, there's nothing wrong about a static pose (so many pokemon in third gen were in it...), it's just that dynamic poses DO look way better, in my opinion.

1- Oops, forgot to fix that ^^

2- It may seem short, but I was really lucky to pass through it that fast, and if you start with any other starter than Flager, believe, it's hard..

3- Oh c'mon only the manliest man are able to tame a Barewl ;p. (Really that never came to my mind, that even sounded as an irony..)

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
Nice video, but I'm not sure if I like the intro music. Although I love the battle graphics and the trainer battle music!

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2012
The game looks exciting and cool, the only part I don't like is that he picks your pokemon based on the quiz. I don't know if he lets you choose but other than that, AWSOME!!!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Thx for the support dudes, I've updated the first post putting there all the information given on the last update. I also took out the game pokedex from the first post. I'll leave the next fakemon as a surprise for you so the game gets more exciting and enjoyable ;p. Also a closed beta is already being tested by the team and also a few people. Thats all for today.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I guess I forgot to show the trainer card =x, so here is a small update about it:

e87r40.png

As you can see, it's quite different from the regular trainer cards with 8 badge slots. That's why we won't have 8 badges but 6 badges plus 6 "stickers"! The stickers will be gained lately on the game and they are earned on a quite different way. That's still a secret!

Expect some micro updates these days ;p.

Gold95

Am I really...? Gold?
Years
I like it but where do I download it??????? sorry for this question...... and I really like it I think you should put some good sprites.......

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
I like it but where do I download it??????? sorry for this question...... and I really like it I think you should put some good sprites.......
We're still in the betatesting phase, so there is no downloadable game yet. You're going to have to be content with screenshots and videos for now. (Believe me, it'll be worth the wait! ;D)

And I'm trying my hardest to make some nice eyecandy for all of you :3

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
Oh sweeeat;p It looks it would be a great game... keep doing your work;)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
UPDATE:

Sry to everyone for not making a decent update this last weeks.. Thats probably the reason why the thread almost got to the second page =x. Well thats about to change, because I'm bringing you an important and full of screenshots update!
Update contents:

-Professor Bamb'o
-Rival revealed
-New Pokémon
-New tiles
-New effects

Professor Bamb'o:

Yesterday I just realised that I didn't present you Tandor professor, professor Bamb'o. I've only showed him on a old video the most of you didn't see.

Oak.png

Bamb'o is an expert on Pokémon elements, as it's noticable, he doesn't like to walk around using scientist clothes like most of his mates do. He is the hero's father best friend and thats why he choose you to be his trainer assistant. Another boy also step up the challenge, Theo a eleven year old boy who is your friend since the hero was really young.

Rival revealed:

trainer086.png

As you could read on the Bamb'o note, you take the test to be a Pokémon trainer together with a Theo a eleven year old boy. Now you're probably guessing, why someone two years younger than the recommended age to start as a trainer is already getting his first pokémon..
Theo is always trying to beat the hero on any possible challenge, because of that he insisted Bamb'o to allow him to take the test and also asked to his father help him with his journey. Even being so young, Theo will prove to be a smart trainer, who know to balance his team correctly. He will be really important for the on-going plot..
Here are some of the first events he will appear:

capture003.png
capture004.png

capture005.png
capture006.png

capture009.png
capture010.png

capture011.png
capture012.png

capture013.png
capture014.png

capture015.png
capture016.png

capture017.png
capture018.png

capture019.png

That event is the Pokémon Personality Test. You take it together with Theo, thats also his first appeareance on the game.

capture023.png
capture024.png

capture025.png
capture026.png

capture027.png
capture028.png

capture029.png
capture030.png

capture031.png
capture032.png

capture033.png
capture034.png

capture035.png

Thats event happens after the hero got the first badge, thats also your first battle versus Theo =p.Thats all I wanted to show you about Theo till the moment.
(All those wonderful dialogues written by Zephyr :3)

New pokémon:

As some of you have seen, I removed the dex on the first post so the game gets more exciting and all, though I'll keep showing some of the new pokémon on big updates like that one.

I present you, our newest addition to Tandor's pokedex, Dunseraph!

dunsparcevosprite1.png

It's Zephyr desing and sprite, I really like it =p. He is Tandor exclusice Durnsparce evolution, and is Dragon/Flying.

New tiles:

As time goes, our custom tileset (by ZephyrPlusle xD) is growing as well! I'm now showing you our new cliff/mountain ones which I like a lot =p. Here is a screen (check the rival events screens to check for them as well):

capture020.png

New effects:

Some days ago, I made a custom dark area effect for the caves 8D, take a look:

capture021.png

That was pretty much everything I wanted to show you that time, if I could name that update, it would be Zeph update cause really, 90% of the sprites/tiles shown on this one was made by her. Expect new tiles, sprites and screens soon, hope you liked ^^. Construtive criticism is welcome.

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
Years
Wow, this has been a week filled with big updates! I adore the entire concept of Dunsparce's evolution; I have always had a soft spot for that guy! I mean, honestly, he is rare to find, forgotten easily, fairly weak, normal typed, and without an evo. I have seen a lot of evolutions for him, but none have looked that good. I also love the new tilesets! When I'm ready to make my own game, I plan on making all my tiles custom, and its a great inspiration to see other people having success with the endeavor.

Continue with the noble efforts!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Wow, this has been a week filled with big updates! I adore the entire concept of Dunsparce's evolution; I have always had a soft spot for that guy! I mean, honestly, he is rare to find, forgotten easily, fairly weak, normal typed, and without an evo. I have seen a lot of evolutions for him, but none have looked that good. I also love the new tilesets! When I'm ready to make my own game, I plan on making all my tiles custom, and its a great inspiration to see other people having success with the endeavor.

Continue with the noble efforts!

Glad you liked the new fakemon and I'm sure Zephyr is as well =p.

Well I thought I would get a bit more feedback you know.. Anyways, is there anything you guys would be more interested on seeing on the next update? I'm open to suggestions lol.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
hey guys, something terrible happened.. My pc got infected by a virus that I have never seen before, it's a new one, people started commenting about it this month. I probably downloaded an infected .exe, after 2 minutes I downloaded it there were 2238 .exe infected by it. I had to make a deep format on the computer. I have a Uranium backup on my pen drive, but don't if it was infected... Also have a backup uploaded on the internet, but that one is one month old.. Plz, wish me good luck..

EDIT: The virus name is w32:vitro, no anti virus can fix files infected by it, so BEWARE, that thing destroy your pc in minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back