• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
i cant find any other way to get through ive been in each of the caves first one brings me to the rock climb and boulder area next ones bring me there also since the ladder just leads to the drop ledge and last one took me to the lickitung event

Bruh ... not that hard lol

Spoiler:

found an unlimited pokeball bug in route 3 lol. if you want to check it out I'm uploading my video on my youtube channel :Gamingfinatic

Have you downloaded 1.0.4? Cus that was fixed in 1.0.4.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
<_< HOW DO I GET THERE!?!?!

Have you reached the guy that heals your Pok?mon after taking the 3rd entrance? There is a ladder next to him to take you to the map Le Pug showed you, and then the fat kid can jump across those rocks (the line drawn on the picture)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
Have you reached the guy that heals your Pok?mon after taking the 3rd entrance? There is a ladder next to him to take you to the map Le Pug showed you, and then the fat kid can jump across those rocks (the line drawn on the picture)

honestly how did i not notice this I'm such an idiot!

Pokemon - Emerald Version (U).png

Years
I found a bug if you try to go back to the harbour where you first land in the cheeto region the game freezes completely. The music plays but the player is frozen. Too many bugs in game tbh. Got stuck in the electric tower with no way out. I like this game and concept but some bugs are annoying like the donut guy becomes invisible after getting the first badge. I love the concept the execution will also be great if the bugs were patched.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
Pretty fun so far-

couple of bugs I noticed:

In the first town if you try to go down the path back toward the ship, the game freezes.

In the first town, in the bottom house after the lab explodes if you look at the trashcan in the right corner of the 2nd floor a white text box will appear and won't go away until you go downstairs. It does not happen before the explosion.

In that same house after the explosion, if you look at the tv on the first floor it gives the same dialog the trashcan on that floor gives. This does not happen before the explosion.

On route 5, there is a bug catcher (don't remember what the in-game name was) with a small tree to the right of him. The player is able to walk into the tree, so the top tile is above the player but the rest of it is hidden by the player.

Last thing I noticed, and probably the biggest issue (other than the game freezing).
I healed at the pokecenter in West Glockdale, but when my pokemon fainted I was brought back to the pokecenter in Fanny Barks. If it matters, I was using the attack form of Porygon and had no other Pokemon, and I lost against the gym leader.

Le pug

Years
Spoiler:

Please don't roast me too hard ;-;

Lmao, I love it! Congrats on winning your prize, I'll PM you soon.

I found a bug if you try to go back to the harbour where you first land in the cheeto region the game freezes completely. The music plays but the player is frozen. Too many bugs in game tbh. Got stuck in the electric tower with no way out. I like this game and concept but some bugs are annoying like the donut guy becomes invisible after getting the first badge. I love the concept the execution will also be great if the bugs were patched.

That harbor bug has been fixed in the most recent patch, make sure you're playing that one. You need to be more specific on how you got stuck in the power plant. Dhogan was going down the same lines of feeling trapped but then realized that he should step on the switches and use the switch panels to get out. You have to interact with the floor buttons and the silver button panels to turn on/off the electrical grids you see throughout the map. The chuck douglas disappearing bug has been fixed and will released soon as well with updated pokemon sprites in about an hour or so.

Pretty fun so far-

couple of bugs I noticed:

In the first town if you try to go down the path back toward the ship, the game freezes.

In the first town, in the bottom house after the lab explodes if you look at the trashcan in the right corner of the 2nd floor a white text box will appear and won't go away until you go downstairs. It does not happen before the explosion.

In that same house after the explosion, if you look at the tv on the first floor it gives the same dialog the trashcan on that floor gives. This does not happen before the explosion.

On route 5, there is a bug catcher (don't remember what the in-game name was) with a small tree to the right of him. The player is able to walk into the tree, so the top tile is above the player but the rest of it is hidden by the player.

Last thing I noticed, and probably the biggest issue (other than the game freezing).
I healed at the pokecenter in West Glockdale, but when my pokemon fainted I was brought back to the pokecenter in Fanny Barks. If it matters, I was using the attack form of Porygon and had no other Pokemon, and I lost against the gym leader.

Again, the harbor bug is fixed with the latest released patch 1.0.4
-Fixed the trash can bug, thanks for the feedback! That one has been messed up since early beta apparently @.@
-Fixed the tv bug, ty
-Fixed the pokecenter bug as well, ty! They're meant to be useful and getting taken back to fanny barks is a no no.

Also fixed a couple bugs I noticed while watching Dhogan's let's play including lickitung being out in the wild without the event starting, some tile errors, and some signpost scripts that weren't scripted in the power plant. New patch coming later tonight when I finish updating the Pokemon sprites. Oh yeah also updated some OWs including Fitler's OW and changed the Bill sprite to be actually bill ... working on the others too to match.

Thanks for all the tips on the bugs and again thanks for playing!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
I found a bug i know im in 1.0.4 it may not be but it happens repeatadly.The car in front of the first gym if u click the back of it it is flareon but if you click the front of it you keep going into a cutscene with the lickitung and it teleports you back to the donut shop town.Sorry if this isint a bug just seemed weird to me.

Le pug

Years
I found a bug i know im in 1.0.4 it may not be but it happens repeatadly.The car in front of the first gym if u click the back of it it is flareon but if you click the front of it you keep going into a cutscene with the lickitung and it teleports you back to the donut shop town.Sorry if this isint a bug just seemed weird to me.

lmao good find. You guys are so great at finding these! Tyvm

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 17, 2018
game froze when i tried to re enter an area in the plant w/ the power on. ooof

edit: Also can confirm that the physical special split is not in the game, fire punch on the attack porygon does absolutely nothing to a paras.

Attachments

• aaaaa.PNG
    aaaaa.PNG
    89.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Years
Wow......what a hack lmao
Loved the gameplay and the humour XD

A few niggles here and there:
Apart from the lickitung event, the deez donuts chief disappearing and a few move permissions here and there....thr harbour bug seems to occur before we enter the fat flank lab...after the explosion there's a script and movement restriction there.
The woman in the beach who gives you fresh water in exchange for money doesn't actually give the money
Some of the items in the bag seem to be jumbled up...like the meowth plushie, even though we've placed it in the apartment it remains in the bag as an item (and can be sold :D), the dentures, the leppa berry etc. Maybe the language packs could be added as key items?
About the power plant....suppose we try to enter the power plant without talking to grampsington it gets stuck if we try to enter the next floor. Plus we can't go outside the power plant area because the sheared off area of the fence disappears. Once we switch on the generator and reach the '1st floor' again (the 3 maps as 1st 2nd 3rd floors) we can't access the 2nd and 3rd floors

Ps:Sorry about the long monologue, I really enjoyed playing it and I'm really looking forward to the next update(2025 ;))

Le pug

Years
game froze when i tried to re enter an area in the plant w/ the power on. ooof

i'm sorry but i tried many ways with and without power to replicate this bug and i didn't have any problems with game freezing. if i could have amplified data, that'd be great!

edit: Also can confirm that the physical special split is not in the game, fire punch on the attack porygon does absolutely nothing to a paras.

Wow......what a hack lmao
Loved the gameplay and the humour XD

A few niggles here and there:
Apart from the lickitung event, the deez donuts chief disappearing and a few move permissions here and there....thr harbour bug seems to occur before we enter the fat flank lab...after the explosion there's a script and movement restriction there.
The woman in the beach who gives you fresh water in exchange for money doesn't actually give the money
Some of the items in the bag seem to be jumbled up...like the meowth plushie, even though we've placed it in the apartment it remains in the bag as an item (and can be sold :D), the dentures, the leppa berry etc. Maybe the language packs could be added as key items?
About the power plant....suppose we try to enter the power plant without talking to grampsington it gets stuck if we try to enter the next floor. Plus we can't go outside the power plant area because the sheared off area of the fence disappears. Once we switch on the generator and reach the '1st floor' again (the 3 maps as 1st 2nd 3rd floors) we can't access the 2nd and 3rd floors

Ps:Sorry about the long monologue, I really enjoyed playing it and I'm really looking forward to the next update(2025 ;))

I'm glad you liked it!

Thank you for reporting the bugs, these have all been fixed with the exception of the power plant bug which I apparently can't replicate. I have tried with and without power all the warps and everything seems fine.

1.0.6 update (release date = 19JUN18)
So this update will have mucho bugs fixed. The Deez Donuts event should be playable now if you use a Rohypnol + the Clamperl Soup.

There are a bunch of DS sprites inserted thanks to the guys who have created them so the sprites are updated. That being said, a lot of pokemon have been revised out. This is to complete the Pokedex for Cheeto Region which has pokemon from all gens 1-7 and a few fakemon. I'm going to be fixing the wild pokemon lists and battles to reflect this over the coming days but don't be surprised if you see a pokemon that is not the same of the named pokemon i.e. if you see a Wynaut that looks like a Guzzlord lol.
Because of this and because it isn't done and is in the middle of being finished, I have to continue work on that before releasing the hotfixes to the other bugs. I'll be at work all day tomorrow so won't be able to work on it and get it out until Tuesday so expect it tuesday.

Also, happy fathers day to everyone!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 6, 2021
hey great game so far. i find some bugs in route when u try to use the fisherman's rod says "I need to be near route waters to use this fishing rod" and im next to them and a girl before the safari gives you infinite smash band.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 4, 2021
Pretty sure I found a bug in the power plant. After battling the guy who says "This sunkern joint doesn't have any kick to it" he is standing so that I can't reach the other switch. The switch that I can access won't turn off the electricity to the only way out. Or am I missing something?

Le pug

Years
Pretty sure I found a bug in the power plant. After battling the guy who says "This sunkern joint doesn't have any kick to it" he is standing so that I can't reach the other switch. The switch that I can access won't turn off the electricity to the only way out. Or am I missing something?

That switch was for a secret power grid area that had a pokeball. You had to be max distance from him to get him to walk to you to access that panel. It isn't required to get out of the power plant. There is a power switch to the left area of him that you need to access though before jumping over the yellow road block barrier and fight the next hippy

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
I'm glad you liked it!

Thank you for reporting the bugs, these have all been fixed with the exception of the power plant bug which I apparently can't replicate. I have tried with and without power all the warps and everything seems fine.

1.0.6 update (release date = 19JUN18)
So this update will have mucho bugs fixed. The Deez Donuts event should be playable now if you use a Rohypnol + the Clamperl Soup.

There are a bunch of DS sprites inserted thanks to the guys who have created them so the sprites are updated. That being said, a lot of pokemon have been revised out. This is to complete the Pokedex for Cheeto Region which has pokemon from all gens 1-7 and a few fakemon. I'm going to be fixing the wild pokemon lists and battles to reflect this over the coming days but don't be surprised if you see a pokemon that is not the same of the named pokemon i.e. if you see a Wynaut that looks like a Guzzlord lol.
Because of this and because it isn't done and is in the middle of being finished, I have to continue work on that before releasing the hotfixes to the other bugs. I'll be at work all day tomorrow so won't be able to work on it and get it out until Tuesday so expect it tuesday.

Also, happy fathers day to everyone!
YO I KNEW IT WAS ROYPENHOL!!!
Also where does the beta end?Im after the 2nd gym and i went to get my pokedex from the house and cant figure out where to go next.Tried to go in the connector building on the right side of the town but no one talks and i cant get through the next door.

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
YO I KNEW IT WAS ROYPENHOL!!!
Also where does the beta end?Im after the 2nd gym and i went to get my pokedex from the house and cant figure out where to go next.Tried to go in the connector building on the right side of the town but no one talks and i cant get through the next door.

That's essentially where it ends. Sooo ty for playing and I hope you enjoyed it up until that point! I'm updating a bunch of things for beta 1 and I've been working on ideas for beta 2. I have the major areas plotted and now I'm just coming up with event ideas and already have some great ones.

Patch 1.0.5 Release

Okay so this patch fixes a lot of minor bugs including tile errors, pokeball errors, script errors, etc.
It also fixes the Chuck Douglas disappearing thing so you can do the lickitung event now.
I also updated all the sprites to be DS styled 64x64 sprites thanks to the DS spriter team on PC.
I've updated the pokedex to include pokemon from all gens 1-7 and some fakemon to support tech type.
The pokemon you might encounter that are from newer generations will have the right sprites and right names and right types but their movesets will be wrong. So bare with me as I fix those! Sorry in advance.
A big thing I added was helpful text near Chuck Douglas, the Torchic in Fanny Barks, the healer in Zubat Cave, and the Surf Shop. These should help clear up any trouble with figuring out what to do to get those events going. If you actually played the entire game and talked to everyone you wouldn't have a problem with these scripts if you bought all the unique new items but just to give you hints, I've made it easier to play through.

If you saved in the Surf Shop, make sure you exit the Surf Shop and save prior to patching and playing on the new version.
Download link: Click here for 1.0.5 patch

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 4, 2021
That switch was for a secret power grid area that had a pokeball. You had to be max distance from him to get him to walk to you to access that panel. It isn't required to get out of the power plant. There is a power switch to the left area of him that you need to access though before jumping over the yellow road block barrier and fight the next hippy

The switch to the left doesn't change anything. The only way out is to the North right? Because that has impassable electricity there whether the switch is on or off.

Back