• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Actually, that would most likely require ASM skill, which I'm assuming you don't have.

Maybe I don't have ASM skill (and I don't know what it is), but I learn really fast. Could somebody explain me how to do it, please?

I found a script, but I don't know which part can delete EXP (It's from battle frontier):

Spoiler:

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Hello! I'm new here (and I'm from Poland, so my english isn't so good). I need help.
I want to know, how can I delete experience gained by defeating pokemons in Elite
Four (with Wallace) in Emerald. I want to do, that even my pokemons are 10 lvl, that
won't get EXP. It may be script similar to Battle Frontier (when I defeat somebody
there, I don't get EXP). Can somebody explain how can I do it? Please help...
Yeah you will need asm.
Jpan made an exp gain, it should work to has a subtracter by switing add to sub, but I didn't test it.

b507 push {r0-r2, lr}
4804 ldr r0, 0x0203f408 ;Growth block data storage address
6800 ldr r0, [r0]
4904 ldr r1, 0x020370C2 ;var 0x8005 used for storing the exp value
8809 ldrh r1, [r1]
2280 mov r2, 0x80
0912 lsl r2, 0x8
418a cmp r1,r2 ; checks if exp is between "safe" values
db02 blt add_exp
bd07 pop {r0-r2, pc}
6842 add_exp: ldr r2, [r0+0x4]
------ sub r2, r2, r1 ; subrtacts the experience
6042 str r2, [r0+0x4]
bd07 pop {r0-r2, pc}
run it throw a complier. Then call it in a script, tell me if it works, or not xD

Years
Warning: Unknown command "b507"
Warning: Unknown command "4804"
Warning: Unknown command "6800"
Warning: Unknown command "4904"
Warning: Unknown command "8809"
Warning: Unknown command "2280"
Warning: Unknown command "0912"
Warning: Unknown command "418a"
Warning: Unknown command "db02"
Warning: Unknown command "bd07"
Warning: Unknown command "6842"
Warning: Unknown command "sub"
Warning: Unknown command "6042"
Warning: Unknown command "bd07"
I tried do it in XSE and PKSVUI, and it doesn't work... :(. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Buizark

Always looking for an OU match
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
ASM not scripting.Use Hackmew's thread for ASM

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I tried do it in XSE and PKSVUI, and it doesn't work... :(. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I could compile that for you. *edit* I tried to compile. Didn't work. :(
After it's compiled, you get a binary fie. You just copy that code, paste it into an area in the rom, and use this command:

callasm 0x"OFFSET YOU PASTED THE CODE HERE!"

Last edited:
Years
I can't open ASM:
Once you're familiar with the command prompt, you can download the thumb.zip file which contains the assembler we're going to use. Extract all the 3 files inside a folder (for example on the Desktop) and open a command prompt window. Something similar will appear:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All right reserved.

C:\Users\YourName>
In my computer appears black screen (I try open file "as", and then when I press enter it will disapear). And when I try to open "objcopy" or "thumb" it automatically closes. I don't understand it... I JUST only want to delete the EXP, is it have to be so hard? :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Hey guys, my issue is this. I set up a map script, using the 2nd script type. I want my player to walk out of his house and then the script to activate. However, when I add this script, as well as the var number etc to advance map and play it on my rom, nothing happens. The script simply stops. If anyone could help me out it would be awesome.

Here's the script:

#org 0x801565
if 0x1 goto 0x88015A6
msgbox 0x88015A9 0x6 '"Hey, wait up!"
applymovement 0xFF 0x8801652
applymovement 0x5 0x88015B9
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x88015C2 0x6 '"I heard you moved here.\pMy name i..."
applymovement 0x5 0x8801639
applymovement 0xFF 0x8801645
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x5101 0x1
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x8015A6
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8015A9
= Hey, wait up!

#org 0x8015C2
= I heard you moved here.\pMy name is James, nice to\nmeet you.\pProfessor Redbark asked me\nto find you.\pHere, follow me.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x801652
#raw 0x2 'Face Left
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x8015B9
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)

#org 0x801639
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)

#org 0x801645

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Hey guys, my issue is this. I set up a map script, using the 2nd script type. I want my player to walk out of his house and then the script to activate. However, when I add this script, as well as the var number etc to advance map and play it on my rom, nothing happens. The script simply stops. If anyone could help me out it would be awesome.

Here's the script:

#org 0x801565
if 0x1 goto 0x88015A6
msgbox 0x88015A9 0x6 '"Hey, wait up!"
applymovement 0xFF 0x8801652
applymovement 0x5 0x88015B9
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x88015C2 0x6 '"I heard you moved here.\pMy name i..."
applymovement 0x5 0x8801639
applymovement 0xFF 0x8801645
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x5101 0x1
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x8015A6
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8015A9
= Hey, wait up!

#org 0x8015C2
= I heard you moved here.\pMy name is James, nice to\nmeet you.\pProfessor Redbark asked me\nto find you.\pHere, follow me.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x801652
#raw 0x2 'Face Left

#org 0x8015B9

#org 0x801639

#org 0x801645

Spoiler:

If you're trying to make a level script, this should help you out.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
I can't open ASM:
In my computer appears black screen (I try open file "as", and then when I press enter it will disapear). And when I try to open "objcopy" or "thumb" it automatically closes. I don't understand it... I JUST only want to delete the EXP, is it have to be so hard? :(

You don't open anything to compile ASM. Save the asm file as a .asm, then if you're on XP use Run, or on Vista use Search, and run cmd.exe. Now type cd (whatever folder your files are in), then type: thumb (.asm file name).asm (same filename).bin

Now you have to open the .bin file in a hex editor and put that into some free space in your ROM, then call that offset with a callasm command. It's a lot of work to compile ASM, I guess, so I suggest you hold off on those fancy scripts and ambitions until you have a good handle on both scripting and the workings of hex.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Alright, that's another problem fixed. :D

I still have another though >.>

Is it possible to get the sprite and player to enter a door and go through the warp to the building? For example, I want a sprite to lead my player into the professor's lab, at the beginning of the game.

What would the command for this be?

Thanks in advance :)

PeregrineFig

Years
Alright, that's another problem fixed. :D

I still have another though >.>

Is it possible to get the sprite and player to enter a door and go through the warp to the building? For example, I want a sprite to lead my player into the professor's lab, at the beginning of the game.

What would the command for this be?

Thanks in advance :)

Only the player can use warps, what you need is to place another sprite inside the building, and use a level script.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2010
do you know how to script a double battle with someone else in Firered? like with drake in HG/SS, i want ash to come and save you from some wild beedrill in a double battle.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
do you know how to script a double battle with someone else in Firered? like with drake in HG/SS, i want ash to come and save you from some wild beedrill in a double battle.

I don't think that would be possible. However, using JPAN's hacked engine (see the toolbox of research and development) you could replace the old man in fire red with ash and have him catch beedrill. I'm not quite sure about ruby, but I know it's possible, because pokemon chrono did it with a red gyarados.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2010
I don't think that would be possible. However, using JPAN's hacked engine (see the toolbox of research and development) you could replace the old man in fire red with ash and have him catch beedrill. I'm not quite sure about ruby, but I know it's possible, because pokemon chrono did it with a red gyarados.

it has to be possible! i need hackmew or someone that really knows the game, cuz there has to be some way, like making it as if it where a link up double battle, maybe you would have to choose your pokes?

it has to be possible! i need hackmew or someone that really knows the game, cuz there has to be some way, like making it as if it where a link up double battle, maybe you would have to choose your pokes?

please help me create a double battle script for this!!!!!!!! please!!!!! for firered, like how drake helps you in HG/SS or your rival during his rematch
i would tell you what happens when i try it but all that happens is it gliches up, ash walks by to join you battle wiht the wild beedrill then NADA battle begins but ERRORS occur, i tried..... i really need this

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024

please help me create a double battle script for this!!!!!!!! please!!!!! for firered, like how drake helps you in HG/SS or your rival during his rematch
i would tell you what happens when i try it but all that happens is it gliches up, ash walks by to join you battle wiht the wild beedrill then NADA battle begins but ERRORS occur, i tried..... i really need this

How'z about you figure that out by yourself? :D
The thing you want to do is only possible via ASM. There is no way to create a linked double battle in the current FR Engine. :/

Years
You don't open anything to compile ASM. Save the asm file as a .asm, then if you're on XP use Run, or on Vista use Search, and run cmd.exe. Now type cd (whatever folder your files are in), then type: thumb (.asm file name).asm (same filename).bin

Now you have to open the .bin file in a hex editor and put that into some free space in your ROM, then call that offset with a callasm command. It's a lot of work to compile ASM, I guess, so I suggest you hold off on those fancy scripts and ambitions until you have a good handle on both scripting and the workings of hex.

But what asm file? How to create this asm file first?
And
Where's that free space? How to paste it? Which programm should I use to paste it?

Last edited:

PeregrineFig

Years
But what asm file? How to create this asm file first?
And
Where's that free space? How to paste it? Which programm should I use to paste it?

You write the ASM code as a text file, then save it with type all files, and add the extension .asm. For free space you can find it with Free Space Finder, in HackMew's tools in the toolbox, and then you use your hex editor to copy and then paste-write (or count the bytes and delete them off the end after a paste-insert) into the free space. If this is going over your head, then this is probably a little too advanced for you right now.

Hardatwork1

I was just wonderin how i'd go about scriptin (XSE) a choose starter event, like the bag situation on RSE...i looked around n couldn't find anything, hopefully i didn't skip over somethin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back