• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Zoroark breeding question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So I currently have a Zoroark (Male) and a Ninetales (Female) in the daycare in order to breed a Zorua with Extrasensory. My question is that, is there a lower percentage to get an egg carrying a Zorua than a Vulpix? After about 10 eggs all I've gotten is a Vulpix, and I'm wondering if I just need to press on, or if I'm missing something.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You always get the female breed. No ifs, ands, or buts. Same if you get a Rufflet and a Vullaby together, or their evolutions; you must use Ditto to breed a Rufflet. Only way to get a male-only breed. There are only two exceptions to this rule with the Nidoran and Volbeat/Illumise, I believe.

In that vein, get a Ditto and you'll breed a Zorua no problem.

Or I can trade you one of my bred Zoruas that knows a ton of moves already. There are females, just rare.

Cyclone

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
To add, for a Zorua to have Extrasensory as one of its moves, you must breed a male Vulpix/Ninetales with a female Zorua/Zoroark. As Cyclone pointed out, only the female breed is hatched, with a few exceptions. An alternative breeding pair in your case is Ditto + Zorua/Zoroark (male).

Sirfetch’d

To help in case you didn't know you can easily find a Ditto in the Giant Chasm (Grass). Breed until you get a female Zorua and then breed for an extrasensory Zorua.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
To help in case you didn't know you can easily find a Ditto in the Giant Chasm (Grass). Breed until you get a female Zorua and then breed for an extrasensory Zorua.
Those Dittos are also a pain in the butt to catch. If you have HeartGold or SoulSilver, you can catch a Lv.10 Ditto from Route 34 and import it from another system into Black/White. Those ones I found easier to catch. You can also visit the Quick Trade Thread and offer a trade for a Ditto.

Cyclone

Sirfetch’d

Those Dittos are also a pain in the butt to catch. If you have HeartGold or SoulSilver, you can catch a Lv.10 Ditto from Route 34 and import it from another system into Black/White. Those ones I found easier to catch. You can also visit the Quick Trade Thread and offer a trade for a Ditto.

Cyclone

The easiest way to catch them is send out a lillipup to make them transform into and then BAM throw a ball and it is easily caught!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The easiest way to catch them is send out a lillipup to make them transform into and then BAM throw a ball and it is easily caught!
So my problem is having a strong and rarely catchable Pokémon out? Interesting. That might be why the Repeat Balls never worked, and Quick Balls never got Ditto straight away for me. But after a Transform, I can just Repeat Ball it and problem solved. Even have a Pokémon strong against the one leading ready to switch to.

Cyclone

Sirfetch’d

So my problem is having a strong and rarely catchable Pokémon out? Interesting. That might be why the Repeat Balls never worked, and Quick Balls never got Ditto straight away for me. But after a Transform, I can just Repeat Ball it and problem solved. Even have a Pokémon strong against the one leading ready to switch to.

Cyclone

Yep. Ditto takes the catch rate of the poke it transforms into.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Please don't turn a quick question into a discussion ;( After the user replied saying they understood, there was no need to add more. Either way, Mephreyu, please use the Quick Questions sticky next time, okay? :3
EkvQs.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back