• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Jasper Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Been away for a long time and just looked to the new screens....the only thing i got to say is that it looks better than ever ! Keep up the fine work dude :) !

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
What a beautiful hack I might actually find time to play this. But what made you use the name Jasper?

Years
I'm honestly loving how this hack is looking right now, all the little snapshot show progress, when it gets done or atleast another playable demo, I'll do a quick let's play of it to get it more out there!

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014
PokemonDarkJasperVersion_zpsc09d5f10.png

Hack Information:
Official Hack Title (Changed as of 1/3/13): Pokemon DarkJasper Version
ROM Base: FireRed BPRE
Creator: shinyabsol1
Hack Status: Progressing

Introduction:

Spoiler:

Story:

Spoiler:

Features:

green = planned/ready for beta 1, orange = questionable

• Day and Night
  • New tiles!
  • New storyline with multiple endings! Your choices make a difference!
  • Physical/Special split!
  • Dynamic weather
  • B/W repel system port
  • New Field moves (ie. Dive and Rock Climb)
  • Headbutt/Honey Trees
  • New Music (some ported from RSE, some from the 4th/5th generation games)
  • Some 4th/5th generation Pokemon
  • Pre-Battle Mugshots
  • Trainer facing fix
  • Run in buildings
  • Daily Events
  • New Attacks and animations (I'll create some completely new ones in addition to adding some 4th/5th gen moves)
  • Different TMs

Screenshots:

town1.png
Town2.png
r1rep_zpsaf7b4931.png
c4.png

n_r1_zpsfaae9b18.png
screen6-1.png
city1.png
snow2.png

r31.png
wm2.png
pc2.png
pc1.png

beach_1_zps7583fa1d.png
headbutt_zpse26f33d6.png
forest1_zps789587e5.png
sm1_zpsa3ec8208.png

grassyb_zps87a8141d.png
battle_c_zps028bac71.png
battle_w_zps3f2d4ecd.png

Videos:

Spoiler:

Known Bugs:
Spoiler:

Updates Coming Soon:

• Hero Overworlds - finished!
  • Trainer Backsprite - finished!
  • Battle Background - finished!
  • World Map - finished!
  • Cave Battle Background - finished!
  • Completely functioning Dive! - finished!
  • More Screenshots!

Userbars:

Thanks to Pinkish Purple!
userbaraw.png

LruEc.png

HTML:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285999&page=1][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LruEc.png[/IMG][/URL]

Tools used (thus far):
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Beta Progress:

Spoiler:

....................................cant wait for downloading this..i just wanna ask that r u releasing a beta first

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Hey guys. It's been a while since I posted anything new in this thread, so I'm going to provide a little update today :)
First off, I haven't had a huge amount of time to work on this over the past couple of months, so progress has been rather slow. Hopefully I will have more time to work on this sooner rather than later.

Nevertheless, I have a couple of small things to show/announcements to make:

1). Force male gender patch applied (thanks Deigoisawesome). Originally I planned to make the female character accessible, but its one less thing to worry about this way.

2). Trainer encounter music extension added (thanks Jambo51). In addition to this, I ported 5 RSE encounter themes that will be used. I would like to add more later.

3). I have begun work on adding some 4th/5th gen moves. This is low priority, so I haven't gotten very far.

4). I didn't like a couple of my maps, so I redid them.

Now, some screens:

bike1_zps131001aa.png
fishing_zps0d8b29da.png

Hero bike and fishing sprites are complete and inserted!

rockclimb1_zps21c26ee5.png

Rock Climb script functioning!

--

That's all for now!

Yukari

I must say your hack looks very good. But I didn't like the grass tile it looks... to repetitive and the others don't look as good together but other than that I think it looks fine

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
gam3r! said:
Awesome update dude !!! Love those screens !

Thanks man!

pokemon hack said:
I must say your hack looks very good. But I didn't like the grass tile it looks... to repetitive and the others don't look as good together but other than that I think it looks fine

Thanks. As for the grass, I know what you mean. I'm not wild about it either. But I haven't been able to find one that fits better with the palette or that I like better, so for now it will stay.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Ah! you're back :) Awesome update! I normally dun have the patience to insert OWs 1 by 1 but you seem to be more steady xD

Yukari

Thanks. As for the grass, I know what you mean. I'm not wild about it either. But I haven't been able to find one that fits better with the palette or that I like better, so for now it will stay.

maybe you could try to make the grass blend better and use more grass tiles although it would take more space I think it might be worth it. If it looks good that is...

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Update!

DarkJasper_TitleScreen_zpsd7ed2c63.png

Titlescreen

sand_bb_zpsd48050db.png

One more battle background

fb_action_zpsaeecbda3.png
drain_punch_zpsc10b5085.png

A couple of examples of new moves and animations. Part of a total of 45 that I have inserted right now.

Credits for the effects/animations go to contibuters to the 4th&5th Gen. Move Resources thread:
Spoiler:

Hopefully I will be able to update more often now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back