• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

make a new poké ball

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
A new catch ball? Honestly what Pokemon dev already gave us is already plenty, not to mention some niche ball that even i rarely used. But, if i did make one i'll probably make a Ground or rock type catching ball, maybe call it gravity ball or ground ball. But as a fan that dislikes catching pokemon the hard way i probably want a ball that catch sleeping pokemon easily (Nap Ball or Sleep Ball, maybe a gray pokeball with some z letters on the design)

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
Let's see...

Gender Balls: we already had the love ball but that only worked if the Pokemon you were catching was the opposite gender of yours.
These are basic "gives a bonus to catch rate if the Pokemon is male/female", could be usefull for Pokemon that have some gender imbalance.
Have them be a basic light blue/pink color with the gender symbol on the upper half.

Risk ball: gives a bonus to catch rate when the Pokemon you're trying to catch is at risk of fainting due to poison/confusion/struggle recoil.
Pretty much a "last resort" ball to use against those really long legendary battles with really low catch rates. Has a catch rate equal to a pokeball otherwise.

Repeat ball: A normal Pokeball in terms of catch rate, but has a 30% chance of being reusable after failing. Has a recycle sign on the front.

Shiny ball: Increased catch rates against shinies.

Years
Hmm I would say

Seteth ball: because why not

and an Explosion ball: it has a 90% Catch Rate on a pokemon with either Explosion or Self- Destruct but if you use it on a pokemon without explosion then it will just be a normal Pokeball.

the_fast_reader

Years
and an Explosion ball: it has a 90% Catch Rate on a pokemon with either Explosion or Self- Destruct but if you use it on a pokemon without explosion then it will just be a normal Pokeball.

That would be great for Nuzlockes and all those horror stories of shiny gravelers self-destructing!

In that same vein, a Pokéball for Pokémon that know Roar or Whirlwind or any other move that force you out of the battle.

Years
Hey hey everyone😄New to pokecommunity but absolutely love pokemon hehe😜
Thought about a view but the one I liked the most (not surprised by my love for snorlax lol😅)was a...
Treat ball: a ball that gives the pokemon something to snack on each time you try to catch it and improves the chance of catching it like with 5% or something.Almost like throw a treat in the safari zone except instead of lowering catchrate the Treat ball increases it because the pokemon loves that it is being given sweets😄😅🍬

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Let's see...

Gender Balls: we already had the love ball but that only worked if the Pokemon you were catching was the opposite gender of yours.

fun fact: in generation II the love ball was broken and only actually worked on Pokemon of the same gender as the Pokemon out on the battlefield.

But, how about a Pokeball that makes it easier to capture Pokemon with an extremely low capture rate? But it'd work less on Pokemon with a high capture rate. I don't know what to call this Pokeball, though.

Years
... you know, there should be a Sun Ball for Grass Pokemon who thrive in the sunlight. I mean, it'd be a more grass-y version of the Premier Ball, but I think it'd be cute!

the_fast_reader

Years
How about weather ball?

Like Rain ball, Sun Ball, Hail ball... they could have cute symbols of the weather phenomenon on them.

Years
^ This was going to be my exact suggestion, though I was trying to think of a different name, since Weather Ball is already an attack. (Climate Ball? Enviro Ball?)

Also, maybe a ball that functions similar to a Bottle Cap, which lets you max one of a Pokemon's IVs upon catching it? Maybe make it a silver color, with a button on the front that looks like a bottle cap, too!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Sparkle Ball: x2 catch modifier for all pink Pokemon. <33

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Scale Ball: Higher chance of catching reptilian Pokémon. (Mainly for dragon types, but I'll include other reptiles like ekans or seviper)

Stun Ball: Higher chance of catching paralyzed Pokémon.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Trap ball :Increases catch tate for 'mons who have been blocked or prevented from escaping.

Galactic ball : Higher catch rate for those 'mons found on riding solgaleo or Lunala through wormholes.

Back