• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... it makes me think about which older Pokémon would end up with improved BST and when the new Pokémon get revealed... seeing how high their BST would be in Pokémon X and Y.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
The only way to save NU Pokemon from being NU is a base stat revamp, which is a possibility given that each even-numbered gen changes something from the game mechanic. Gen II had the special stat split, and Gen IV had the physical/special move split.

Nope, as mentioned earlier, Politoed used to be NU and thanks to one addition in Drizzle, it is now one of the most common Pokémon in OU.

So? Not a single World Championship finalist last year used one. Clearly the users of Amoonguss didn't make it!

Well at my local one, the winner did in fact use one. Pokémon that may not be in OU can still easily be used there. Such as Riolu.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Nope, as mentioned earlier, Politoed used to be NU and thanks to one addition in Drizzle, it is now one of the most common Pokémon in OU.

Well at my local one, the winner did in fact use one. Pokémon that may not be in OU can still easily be used there. Such as Riolu.

Doubles definitely allows Pokemon who aren't used much or at all in singles a chance to shine. Zapdos is UU in singles but crazy awesome in doubles... along with Cresselia. Amoonguss is another favorite along with Dusclops. Just nice to have different options.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2013
I think they have the idea of the new X and Y version wrong...Since its on the 3DS...The pokemon adventure is fully 3 dimensional. The X,Y and Z axis are responsible for the creation of this 3 dimensional view of the pokemon world and each legendary represents an axis.Without their existence the world would be void. The bad guys are gonna be called team oblivion and their goal is to destroy the three legendaries to somehow start a new world...

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Naturally that makes sense to ask about Deerling and Sawsbuck, but let's look at Leafeon, Glaceon, Magneton, etc. You couldn't evolve them in HeartGold/SoulSilver unless you traded back to D/P/Pt.

I think they have the idea of the new X and Y version wrong...Since its on the 3DS...The pokemon adventure is fully 3 dimensional. The X,Y and Z axis are responsible for the creation of this 3 dimensional view of the pokemon world and each legendary represents an axis.Without their existence the world would be void. The bad guys are gonna be called team oblivion and their goal is to destroy the three legendaries to somehow start a new world...

[citation needed]
cS28AmA.jpg

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I believe that it is based on the legend that was brought up where they represent the land, air, and sea. I think the new villains will be knights and another team of scientists. It would be one team conquering the region with methods that were used in the past like fighting with swords and pokemon. The scientist team could represent trying to conquer the region with new technology and maybe genetically alerted pokemon like porygon, etc. It probably won't happen though. I saw an interesting rumor for the game that states that the starters evolutions become European based. It said that froakie became electric and water and resembles a viking, fennekin becomes fire and psychic and resembles a wizard and chespin becomes grass and fighting and looks like a knight with chestnut armor. It also mentioned some other pokemon, some of which were based on European culture.

blue

gucci
Years
NU - Never Used. These are the Pokemon that aren't often used, this is mainly due to those Pokemon that are over looked or have poor statistics.

OU - Over Used. These are Pokemon that are used more than others, this is mainly due to useful abilities or a sturdy BST.

Guy

just a guy
Years
i don't mean to sound stupid but what exactly is a UN and a OU pokemon.
Not a stupid question. In competitive battling, there are tiers that help divide Pokémon into certain brackets based on how frequent they are used and how useful they are in competitive battling. There are more than just "NU" (I believe that's what you mean) and "OU" as listed below:

Uber
: Typically Pokémon banned from being used in other tiers. They usually consist of legendaries but not always.

Over-Used (OU): The most popular tier in the metagame. This consists of Pokémon you're more than likely to see used in the metagame.

Borderline (BL): Pokémon that exceed the expectations for the tier Under-Used, but doesn't exactly fit in the OU bracket.

Under-Used (UU): Pokémon that aren't used very often in competitive battles and you're not likely to see them used most often in the OU tier.

Never-Used (NU): The title isn't to be taken literal, but these are Pokémon that you're not typically going to see being used very much or at all.

Not Fully Evolved (NFE): I think this one speaks for itself.

I think that covers most of it. I haven't been in the competitive scene for such a long while honestly.

Edit: Got my butt whopped by the above posters. But you get the idea now!

I'm expecting X and Y to shake up the metagame scene a bit. At least I hope so, maybe I might get back into it again...or maybe not. But hey, you never know!

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
thanks thats good to know now i can join in on the conversation.

something wierd i've noticed is that the professers are named after trees.
Oak,Juniper,Burg.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
thanks thats good to know now i can join in on the conversation.

something wierd i've noticed is that the professers are named after trees.
Oak,Juniper,Burg.

And up to gen 4 almost all the regions towns with gyms were named after colors.

blue

gucci
Years
Maybe they'll choose to divert away from the whole Tree based names for Professors, as much as I'd like to see Professor Maple it's something they could choose to do, they've already changed to letters from Colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back