• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Um, when I try to compile this script I made, I got this:
Content hidden:
Click here to view.
Error 13 'Type mismatch' in file "CDocuments and Settings\Owner\My Documents\386 Fire Red\hotel sign.rbc" on line 1.
Missing #define or parameter.

Line: #org $start

Does anyone know how to fix this?
I think there should be a tut for XSE.

Damn, Its just the first day and you're all getting errors. Be informed - everyone, say goodbye to PokeWitch & ScriptEd, for those using this, say hi to "dynamic offsets" - no more $ but the new @

example:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @Start
msgbox @msg
boxset 0x2
end

#org @msg
= Hello World
Please read this post - those new to XSE.:disappoin: There is a tut to XSE, but it isn't quite complete.

i have one question you make a specials and flags liste for r/s/fr/lg/e later?
specialy emerald?
We do have the lists, but it will be included in the Guide, so please be patient and bear with us, as soon as Andrea's had his rest, work shall resume.

Oh, and Andrea - you've finally released it, Today's a great day. Bravo :cool:
You've exceeded my expectations!

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Just tried it out for a bit and it is excellent! Works exactly the way I would want it to. Heres a few suggestions:
Spoiler:

Apart from those this program is perfect! It looks great and it works really fast!

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it's here :D
I just made a (working) script, I'm so happy about the colours u can choose as background, really nice idea !
though I have little problems with making colour codes in messages ^^''
All in all, a great tool and it was worth waiting for it!

edit: Okay the colour codes work now, don't know what was the problem before but it's okay now xD

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Anyway, thanks for this HackMew. Definately worth waiting for. I have a question though, when will the comprhensive scripting guide be up and running in the help section. I really want to look at the advanced stuff!

Nice one buddy, and I'll ask cheekily, Do you have any other treats planned for the future ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Quick Info

- Multi-Script Handling (Tabbed interface)
- Short/Long File Name support
- Multi-level Undo/Redo
- Line Numbers
- Recent Files feature
- Backup feature (ROMs, Scripts, Headers etc.)
- Quick Command/Construct Help
- File Association for RBC/RBH/BIC files
- Command Line support (supports AdvanceMap 1.90 and higher)
- "Always on top" feature
- Minimize to system tray
- Integrated Scientific Calculator
- Notes
- Compiler Output
- Batch Compiler
- Built-in scripts feature (Scripting models)
- Static/Dynamic/Mixed offsets
- Script Debugging (Use of Dummy ROM)
- Level scripts decompiling/recompiling
- Braille decompiling/recompiling
- Constructs decompiling/recompiling
- Biggest Command Database currently available, with more then 140 new commands (Only few left, and still researching)
- Upgraded Commands (Due to the our improved command understanding)
- Hex Viewing (A simple Hex-Viewer, with built-in Poké/ASCII table)
- Text-Adjusting (R/S/E/FR/LG compatible)
- Free Space Finder integration
- Live Update
- Intergrated Translations (Based on OS Language, currently supports Dutch, English, German, Italian, Slovak and Spanish)
- Indepth Guide (preview currently)
- Easy Script testing (Use of VBA - a "secret" function)
and much more.
Could you write any more if you tried? I wish I knew how to hype a program this much ;)
Oh darn! *integrates more features* That's a wee bit more than mine!
EDIT: Whoever said "Say goodbye to pokescript and scripted", you're wrong - XSE seems to use the same command database format as ScriptEd.
Also, XSE is programmed in the same language, which microsoft should be killed for adding so much bloat to <_<

Last edited:

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
Can I say that I'm highly impressed by XSE. It is absolutely incredible...and precise. I can definitely say that I'd have an easier time if I had used ScriptEd instead of PokeScript for the last year. It's taking me forever to figure out the different names for commands. :/
I didn't even know half of the commands included in XSE. They weren't in PokeScript were they? Anyway, I could rant all day but I'm pretty sure one word sums up what I'm trying to say...Flawless.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Andrea, How come XSE isn't in the first post? When people hear of it, they're bound to come looking for it.
I guess now, I can open my mouth about things huh. Well...

HAHAHAHA!!! I knew about XSE before any of you!!! ;P
What a relief...

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Damn the UI itself is a smack in the face to poketscript. I am gonna get more active here because of this! Thanks tons Hackmew :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
umm, what do you mean 'a "secret" function'? can you give use a hint?

Years
Andrea, How come XSE isn't in the first post? When people hear of it, they're bound to come looking for it.
I guess now, I can open my mouth about things huh. Well...

HAHAHAHA!!! I knew about XSE before any of you!!! ;P
What a relief...

It is in post #333. Another short message...

Jamiras843

Dee-dee-dee
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
Quick question... How do you use the free spase finder on XSE? It's greyed out and won't let me use it...

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
put the .zip file of the free space finder into the folder of XSE and extract it, it should work then ^^

Jamiras843

Dee-dee-dee
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
Haha yeah it does, I deleted the files for the free space finder because I thought XSE would have them. Thanks :)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
EDIT: Whoever said "Say goodbye to pokescript and scripted", you're wrong - XSE seems to use the same command database format as ScriptEd.
Ah, so I could edit the *.dat with the command list with rubikon2Keditor? Gotta try it.

Back