• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Conquest Needs More Love

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Pokémon Conquest was a DS game released earlier. Hurrah, and all that. What my point is, hardly anyone noticed it, remembered it, and played it. If you haven't played it, I would recommend it. So, anyway, I loved the battle style, even if only one move could be used. I felt it was one of the best games. Does anyone else feel the same way? I mean, all Conquest players, did you feel it was an awesome game? Did you play it even after the main sequel? What was your favourite Pokémon in it? For me? Yes, yes and is Dialga (Roar Of Time is too powerful).

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's because it's only one-way game... you just beat it, finish all stories and that's all...
It hasn't the different repetitivness (is this even word? o.O) as e.g. PMDs so people mostly beat it and that's all...
But there are many people who played it ;)
There's a thread about it.
I really don't want to badmouth the game as I really loved it, because I love Japanese history and the battling system was awesome but as I explained, it's one-way game...
As for the question... Of course Lucario. No matter which game I play, he's the number one.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Staraptor, definitely. It sucks how Brave Bird reduces its move down to 1, but by the time you use the move, you've already reached the enemy army. High move means he can cripple opponents before the rest of your team gets there. Plus... ugh, I just love Staraptor.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I'm really enjoying it so far, but I've only played a few in-game turns (just took over the first neighboring city and recruited the first... general, or whatever they're called). I'm looking forward to playing it, but I'm in the middle of B2 and still have stuff to finish in B&W. 'Course, I still have stuff to finish in Platinum, for that matter. :D

This game would seem to be a perfect fit for me though - I've been playing Koei strategy games since Bandit Kings of Ancient China on the original NES, and among others have played two of the Nobunaga's Ambition games already. What could be better than combining the two franchises?

I just have to make it through the rest of the stuff I'm juggling first, so I can put the time into this one.

Maybe this thread will still be around by then....

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Yes, I definitely agree! Conquest needs more love, I got it for my birthday last year and I enjoying it tremendously! Psst, I even used a forumset dedicated to Gracia for one whole month, and that was December :P My fav 'Mon..... I guess it's Darmanitan cause I recruited this guy *forgot his name* and he had a Darumaka. It eventually evolved into a massive powerhouse, which is Darmanitan.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I enjoyed Conquest for a bit but after a while it kind of got REALLY repetitive (battles that weren't real fights were kinda tedious) and annoying especially when things like evolving Pokemon weren't really explained that well. (forming better bonds with them but random fights only gave you like %0.5 of a link so ugh tediousness again) It's a good game with a cool idea but definitely not one of my favorites!

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I just bought a used copy (which I fear might be illegitimate because of the blank cartridge that appears when I put it into my 3DS) and have been really enjoying it! I'm surprised I don't hear more about it since it's extremely solid and a lot of fun!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I just bought a used copy (which I fear might be illegitimate because of the blank cartridge that appears when I put it into my 3DS) and have been really enjoying it! I'm surprised I don't hear more about it since it's extremely solid and a lot of fun!
It's probably because, as was already said, it gets really repetitive and not many people touched it after finishing the main storyline.

Shayminlover123

Top Pokemon Trainer
Years
I love it! I don't know why a lot of people wouldn't play this game.Sure it might get repetitive,but I find doing the same thing over fun.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I definitely love this game! Even if the gameplay's repetitive, the player vs. player game is really fun! My favorite Pokémon to use? Hmmm, tough choice. Probably anyone with Water Absorb or similar abilities. Or Perception. Or Fire Spin. >_<

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2013
I recently purchased it myself and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. What I can say is I purchase White 2 after this and I still haven't got round to play it yet because I'm enjoying Conquest so much :)

Years
I love conquest so much! I finished the main narrative in three days, and am working on completing the episodes now. There are so many awesome things about it! I love the battle style, as 6 on 6 is really interesting in my opinion. And it was fun training up all my mons! (although I was kind of stupid and waited to evolve eevee into glceon so I was lugging around an NFE for the entire main narrative pretty much, but a glaceon at 523 was (no pun intended) pretty cool!) By main sequel do you mean main storyline? Because, yes, I have enjoyed playing it after, although the link reset was a bit annoying. And my favorite mon that I've used (which hasn't been many) would probably be either Staraptor or Gyarados. Staraptor was just awesome, and Gyarados was a really handy water type, especially since it could float over everything and also knock things back etc. In the early stages of the game I loved Darumak/Carnivine, because Carnivine murdered everything (and could float) and Darumaka had run up with flame wheel which was just awesome!

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
I agree. I only played it for a short time at my friend's house, but it was a blast. Such a good tactical RPG...

Back