• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
Darnnnn. Well I'll just wait. D: Seems like a lot of people I know got in this batch.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Nick is the first person I know who got in, haha. Which is probably a good thing since if any of my RL friends get in before me I'll be so tempted to just go creep their computer while they're on it and spoil myself. ;~;

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I'm currently making a potion :D
Go Ravenclaw!
and I was on negative house points for blowing up my cauldron

I'm MirrorRose5, if anyone wants to add me

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
The number of people in each house is weirdly close, am I the only one that thinks it's strange? I know that Ravenclaw is 1000 ahead of the others, but still, that is pretty close considering there are about 60,000 people using the site (from those figures).

Phoenix feather cores aren't at all Gryffindor types. Most of the Gryffindor characters have dragon heartstring as a wand core. The only known characters who have Phoenix feather are Harry and Voldemort.

So I was spoiling myself by reading some of the extra info from Pottermore, and

Spoiler:

I'm currently making a potion :D
Go Ravenclaw!
and I was on negative house points for blowing up my cauldron

I'm MirrorRose5, if anyone wants to add me

Haha, so you can see how many house points you've individually earned and lost, as well as the total score for everyone? That's good

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
The number of people in each house is weirdly close, am I the only one that thinks it's strange? I know that Ravenclaw is 1000 ahead of the others, but still, that is pretty close considering there are about 60,000 people using the site (from those figures).
That's why I'm assuming that instead of the sorting quiz being wholly accurate, it really takes into consideration the numbers of each house so that one isn't way higher than another. :s

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I think it's just a coincidence. I don't believe that JK Rowling would very much support house numbers playing any part in the sorting process. The sorting process surprised me so much, because she has a little video introduction explaining everything. The way she speaks and her tone is just so pure. She obviously put too much care and thought into it to have numbers influencing the outcome.

So I was spoiling myself by reading some of the extra info from Pottermore, and

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Would it matter much if one house has more people than the other anyway? I mean from what I know there's very little interaction between other Pottermore users compared to the likes of games such as WoW.

...it's so tempting to open those spoilers right now, but I must resist the urge!!

Cherrim

Years
I could swear I've heard it stated before that the Sorting Hat itself (in HP canon) also takes numbers into account somewhat, though. I mean, it would be ridiculous if one year there were 20 new Slytherins and only 3 new students in each of the other houses or something.

edit: haha, it wouldn't matter interaction-wise but isn't there a House Cup? If you've got twice the number of people earning (or losing, but I imagine you earn more points than lose on the whole) points for one house compared to all the others, it would be mighty unbalanced.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Haha, so you can see how many house points you've individually earned and lost, as well as the total score for everyone? That's good
The amount of house points someone's earned is shown on their profile, but you won't know if someone lost house points unless you're friends with them, because it's shown on your gateway. There's also a leaderboard in your common room with the points of everyone who's in your house.

The amount of house points some people have is absolutely absurd! I honestly don't know how they've managed to get so much since the only way to get house points is by dueling, brewing potions (5pts for successful brews, 1pt for failing difficult potions, -5 points for blowing up your cauldron) and finding items in the pages of the story (1pt).

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherrim

Years
Aren't potions brewed in realtime too? (Or at least, that's what I heard.) So I guess the leaders would have to be the people who got in on the first day and spend all waking hours on Pottermore. Probably not a hard thing to do if you're absolutely obsessed and not working over the summer. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
edit: haha, it wouldn't matter interaction-wise but isn't there a House Cup? If you've got twice the number of people earning (or losing, but I imagine you earn more points than lose on the whole) points for one house compared to all the others, it would be mighty unbalanced.
I'm unsure. When Ravenclaw was in the lead by like 1,000 members or something like that, Slytherin was in second. For the most part, Slytherin is the one that's always had the least amount of members. Even thought they're closer now, I don't think all too much that the amount of members in the houses would play much of a threat against ones with lesser numbers. If you think about it, the way the house functions probably will play more of a threat. To my knowledge, since Pottermore opened, most of the time it was Ravenclaw and Slytherin neck and neck for the lead and that makes sense when you look at the house with both of them being achievement-oriented houses. At the moment, Hufflepuff is in last place, and it's the house with the second largest number of members. Slytherin is the one with the least, and it's only 400 points away from getting the lead again.

Aren't potions brewed in realtime too? (Or at least, that's what I heard.) So I guess the leaders would have to be the people who got in on the first day and spend all waking hours on Pottermore. Probably not a hard thing to do if you're absolutely obsessed and not working over the summer. :P
They are. And if you come back over the time it designates, they fail and you lose house points. :(

Years
i got a Black Walnut with Phoenix Feather Core, Thirteen and 3/4 inches.
Whoa, I thought the Phoenix Feather was rare or something?

I'm BladeSpirit22 and in Gryffindor. *Wishes she was a Slytherin or Ravenclaw*

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
My friend got phoenix feather.
I got a dragon core BD .

As for the members and house points, Ravenclaw has most of both.
Exactly 24,000 students and 9,485. I would think the Sorting Hat takes account into the numbers of students in houses. But only slightly - I got into Ravenclaw and it was the most populated house.

GO RAVENCLAW! :D

Sorry, I'm fanguying

Years
are any of you RoseCastle145? I got added by them and I wanted to know if it was any of you. how about we do a progress thing where we write who we've added, how far we are, etc.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
are any of you RoseCastle145? I got added by them and I wanted to know if it was any of you. how about we do a progress thing where we write who we've added, how far we are, etc.

sounds like fun, I've finished the first book and collected most items.
What's your username, I'm MirrorRose5 :D

Years
i'm BladeSpirit22 :)
I really want to know just WHO this RoseCastle is...

I've finished book one, gort hardly any items and 2 house points for trying potions.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Potions and Stories are the only way to currently get house points.
I'm pretty sure once the duelling gets fixed you'll be able to earn more house points there - I don't know how some people have over a thousand points already.

Back