• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Universal Pokemon Randomizer (randomizes gen1-5 games)

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
i wonder if someone can get it to be compatabile with my 1460 base or my second version being 1020 for stability purposes

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 6, 2016
Help me please,

So i try to open a ROM however it says it couldn't load as it is not a supported rom. Can any1 give me a link to games that are supported, any game like heartgold or black or white. Is there something im doing wrong if so can you tell me step by step what to do. i am on windows 10.

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Jan 15, 2019
Just made it so you can change the Force Fully Evolved and Percentage Level Modifier trainer pokemon settings without randomizing the trainer Pokemon. Will upload the source changes either later today or tomorrow.
Unfortunately, trying to figure out how to get window builder for eclipse is a pain so making a percentage level modifier for wild pokemon is going to take a little while.

Edit: Here's a diff. https://files.catbox.moe/7ixazt.txt
If I use the trainer pokemon Percentage Level Modifier to also affect wild Pokemon, would anyone be interested in the diff?
While changing the wild pokemon levels, I discovered that Gen3RomHandler doesn't write the encounter levels, only the species.
Current:
Code:
// min, max, species, species
writeWord(dataOffset + i * 4 + 2, pokedexToInternal[enc.pokemon.number]);
Fixed:
Code:
writeWord(dataOffset + i * 4, enc.level);
writeWord(dataOffset + i * 4 + 1, enc.maxLevel);

Has anyone made a shiny probability modifier for this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 29, 2022
Seems to fail on Drayano's Pokemon Renegade Platinum, in NARCArchive::readNitroFrames

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 24, 2019
im having a problem trying to randomize light platinum and pokemon glazed . this is the error

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 46095 out of bounds for length 412
at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.romhandlers.Gen3RomHandler.getIngameTrades(Gen3RomHandler.java:2856)
at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.Randomizer.randomize(Randomizer.java:483)
at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.gui.RandomizerGUI$3.run(RandomizerGUI.java:1957)

does anyone know how to fix it?

Years
  • Seen yesterday
A randomizer can randomize official games (as stated in the main post), not ROM Hacks.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 18, 2021
Just made it so you can change the Force Fully Evolved and Percentage Level Modifier trainer pokemon settings without randomizing the trainer Pokemon. Will upload the source changes either later today or tomorrow.
Unfortunately, trying to figure out how to get window builder for eclipse is a pain so making a percentage level modifier for wild pokemon is going to take a little while.

Edit: Here's a diff. https://files.catbox.moe/7ixazt.txt
If I use the trainer pokemon Percentage Level Modifier to also affect wild Pokemon, would anyone be interested in the diff?
While changing the wild pokemon levels, I discovered that Gen3RomHandler doesn't write the encounter levels, only the species.
Current:
Code:
Fixed:
Code:
writeWord(dataOffset + i * 4, enc.level);
writeWord(dataOffset + i * 4 + 1, enc.maxLevel);

Has anyone made a shiny probability modifier for this?

I know I am coming to this post a little late but this option is exactly what I was looking for! When I saw the level percentage modifier on the UPRandomizer I was really excited. I could give almost every pokemon game a "hardmode" now, but was sad to see that you had to randomize trainer pokemon in order to use it. If you found a workaround, could you tell me how to apply it. I don't really know anything about changing code, but if there is a way to explain it in a simple process I would greatly appreciate it!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
I know I am coming to this post a little late but this option is exactly what I was looking for! When I saw the level percentage modifier on the UPRandomizer I was really excited. I could give almost every pokemon game a "hardmode" now, but was sad to see that you had to randomize trainer pokemon in order to use it. If you found a workaround, could you tell me how to apply it. I don't really know anything about changing code, but if there is a way to explain it in a simple process I would greatly appreciate it!

I don't know if you are still interested. But there is another version of this program that was continued by other people.
https://github.com/Ajarmar/universal-pokemon-randomizer-zx/releases

It has what you want and many new things added. It can even randomize games up to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. I hope they keep adding things. Last update was 3 months ago so i guess they are still working on it.

Back