• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
If your question was a serious one. Then no lmao. My parents are both catholic and as I grew up I lost my belief in religion so I became an Atheist =3

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The only meat I "can't" eat is turkey- and it's because I'm apparently allergic to it. I made the mistake of eating it, only to have my throat start swelling shut. >_>

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I've got about 8 months until my birthday comes again. I'm also agnostic, and I hate anybody who smokes or drinks (sorry Uncle Tracy!)

Sir Codin

If your question was a serious one. Then no lmao. My parents are both catholic and as I grew up I lost my belief in religion so I became an Atheist =3
That's exactly like me, except replace Catholic with Methodist.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha yeah >_> Though that allergy only popped up last year. I want to try to eat it again eventually, to see if it's faded at all. But the inability to breathe kind of isn't a good thing to risk.

@TheFattestSnorlax-
You do realize that means you hate virtually everyone? X) Obviously an exaggeration.

I genuinely don't think I hate anyone. :?

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
hahahaha Red..Hamburger isn't allowed for you?? why that?come to Egypt then!

Hmm,religions isn't for parents....what's important is what you believe and how hard you want to keep holding to your beliefs! you think if you told your parents and they forced you to go back to be Catholic again that would make a difference!!! you will be a catholic just by name but not by beliefs....religions are something between person and God..only God can judge us!

i myself was born to be a Muslim and as i grow up i could change my religion even if that caused troubles though,i could...but i believe in Islam and i love being a Muslim...and i wouldn't change that because it's what i believe in and my beliefs is my life! <3

it's not between you and your parents..it's between you and yourself! ..the only one who can judge us all id our Creator! that's my own opinion according to what i believe (:

Sir Codin

Atheism is defined as the absence of a belief in a higher power, generally.

If you find yourself asking for hardcore proof in the existence of said power, you simply don't believe.

I found myself questioning the existence of a higher power since 16.

Therefore, I am an atheist.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't mind people believing in different stuffs, I just don't like it when people shove their beliefs down other peoples throat. Like forcing them to believe it anyways they're automatically going to hell. Just let people believe in whatever they want ><

Honest

Hi!
Years
I still believe in a higher force, I just am not religious.

My friend probably put it in the simplest way. "Eternity of damnation in hell? No biggie!"

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'm cool with my religion, but I cannot and will not accept going to church. A 1900 year old guide to social conformity should not be the recommended reading, nor should it be a practice to go to church and take those readings at face value from the very same people that are corrupt. Not to mention church is basically a place for the retired widows and wives to one up each other with their fancy dressing and gossiping these days, but that's basically due to the quality of society. Being cool with my religion and those statement don't gel, I know, but I do believe weddings, funerals and baptism's should be practiced due to their usage and background.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Atheism is defined as the absence of a belief in a higher power, generally.

If you find yourself asking for hardcore proof in the existence of said power, you simply don't believe.

I found myself questioning the existence of a higher power since 16.

Therefore, I am an atheist.
I don't think that's accurate. An atheist doesn't question, an atheist "knows" - or is at least as convinced that there is no higher power as a religious person is convinced that there is.

Questioning seems perfectly natural. You can be questioning and still spiritual. But, if you decide that it is not possible for you to know, you're agnostic - not an atheist. To be atheist, you claim to know that there is nothing.

To address the larger current topic, I myself believe in God. And I keep it simple. What I believe is basically summed up in the Apostles' Creed. That's what's important. The controversial hot topics of the day? Do whatever you want, doesn't concern me. Organized religion? Mmm... I take the stance of Homer Simpson. I'm a good person, I try to live my life right. Why do I need to spend my Sundays listening to some old Italian man tell me that I'm going to hell? I do consider my self to be Roman Catholic though. I have some Italian heritage and I appreciate the family traditions and celebrations associated with the sacraments and such. I'm more of what you may think of as being a "cafeteria Catholic".

Last edited:

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
1-i know what is Atheism

2-Slender:we all take the religions of our parents ...but what's in heart is what we really believe in!just make sure you know everything about your choice when it comes to choosing ..cuz people will always ask why? and you have to have your answers ^^

3- I think you're right Lil!people can believe in whatever they want and nobody can force when it comes to religion

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Yay x:

I don't know, considering all I know about it is from DCCers posting about it.

Shh it's okay everyone hates school.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Well, this one's PC exclusive. And you all are nice kiddies. So I think it's worth the risk <3

Well, I only hate it cause I'm THIS CLOSE TO COLLEGE. WOOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back