• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Adding on to the thing with the PC, it actually is flipped (which is obviously to save tile space) but is done in a way that makes the 'P.C' bit backwards on the right side, you should probably fix that (the shadows around both the PC and Mart are also much too thick). Good update though, would like to play that release when it's here.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Those Fakemon are flawless in appearance! I especially like the name you've given to the cocoon Pokemon - Coboom! That's real creative.
Everything else in the update looks really good. I see no flaws other than the ones others have pointed out. Hoping to see more of this hack!

Last edited:
Years
such an awesome progress you are making!the new fakemon are cool indeed^^ there will be a 3rd evolution to this cocoon pokemon right?^^ anyway good luck with this :D

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
I like your tiles! :)
When I see your screenies, I feels I'm in the wonderland.
So, good luck!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Yeah, I'm back. :) Sorry I left everyone in the dark for so long, I kind of lost interest, but I decided to give hacking another go so here I am. A few new screenshots (which are actually pretty old):

KTqP9.png

A little preview of a forest in the game that was mapped by spherical ice. :3
Wxw8E.png

Another new fakemon, the final evolution of the line I showed off a while ago.
1hi47.png

LdVU2.png

Another new route. :D

So tell me what you think about the new updates and the continuation of this hack, i'd love to hear it. I know this update was kind of short but I promise there'll be bigger ones in the future. ;)

EDIT:
iaza15528244667500.gif

DrFuji also made me an amazing banner for cyan, which you can put in your signature to support me! Thanks alot for making it for me, I really appreciate it! :)

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Yeah, I'm back. :) Sorry I left everyone in the dark for so long, I kind of lost interest, but I decided to give hacking another go so here I am. A few new screenshots (which are actually pretty old):

KTqP9.png

A little preview of a forest in the game that was mapped by spherical ice. :3
Wxw8E.png

Another new fakemon, the final evolution of the line I showed off a while ago.
1hi47.png

LdVU2.png

Another new route. :D

So tell me what you think about the new updates and the continuation of this hack, i'd love to hear it. I know this update was kind of short but I promise there'll be bigger ones in the future. ;)

Love the final evolution of the fakemon. Great you're back, Chrunch. ^.^

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Pleased to hear you are back! :D

Updates are looking great, Chrunch, as I typically say. I very much find your style of mapping extraordinaire. Same with the Fakemon. Expleetle looks much better in game than I initially thought it would. Still a bit iffy about the bending ledges. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to further updates.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Love the final evolution of the fakemon. Great you're back, Chrunch. ^.^

Pleased to hear you are back! :D

Updates are looking great, Chrunch, as I typically say. I very much find your style of mapping extraordinaire. Same with the Fakemon. Expleetle looks much better in game than I initially thought it would. Still a bit iffy about the bending ledges. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to further updates.

Thanks! I'm glad you like the fakemon (although I do have a new one)! I am aware about the bending ledges, but I still think in that instance it looks better bending than just straight. ;)

Updates!

So, the first of the promised updates. I unfortunately don't have any new maps, but I am getting all the fakemon redone. Here's a taste of one of the new fakemon sprites:

CdVqR.png

Also, the new regional bird:

YGevt.png

Tell me what you think of the new bird, and the new sprites! :) Do you like these better than the old ones?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Wow very nice fakemon, very nice maps, and great choice of tiles. I especially like how you did the ledge jumps in one of the routes. Good luck on this awesome hack. :D

Side Note: I agree with what manipulation and gira said, the letter on the PC to the right are backwards, which looks odd, and the tiles of the roof don't match up (If you know what I mean)

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
I really like your graphics, all in all I´m excited to play this. I don´t want to ask for an ETA but I would like to know if you´ll release first some Alphas/Betas or already the full game when it´s done. Btw, your Fakemon don´t look bad(I usually hate them so this is meant to be a compliment).

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I love the fakemon in the first post. I hope you haven't given up on this since there hasn't been any posts in a while.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2019
Those are some of the best Fakemon i've seen...

Wow, how long it take you to do all of those?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Got some more updates! :) Not much though, hoping I'll be able to get some sort of release out soonish now, as I'm nearing completion of all the areas in the first alpha!

Wow very nice fakemon, very nice maps, and great choice of tiles. I especially like how you did the ledge jumps in one of the routes. Good luck on this awesome hack. :D

Side Note: I agree with what manipulation and gira said, the letter on the PC to the right are backwards, which looks odd, and the tiles of the roof don't match up (If you know what I mean)
I love the fakemon in the first post. I hope you haven't given up on this since there hasn't been any posts in a while.
The tiles and even the Fakemon(I usually hate them) look great. How´s progress going btw? Hope that you didn´t quit.

Thanks! Glad you like my hack! :D

Awesome stuff dude. Glad you used the forest map, I hope it's good enough. Super hyped to play this :3

Why would I want to waste it? :P

I really like your graphics, all in all I´m excited to play this. I don´t want to ask for an ETA but I would like to know if you´ll release first some Alphas/Betas or already the full game when it´s done. Btw, your Fakemon don´t look bad(I usually hate them so this is meant to be a compliment).

No ETA at the moment, at least not until I get some responses to the question I posted above. And If you like my fakemon, would you mind me asking if you prefer the new or old sprites for them?

Those are some of the best Fakemon i've seen...

Wow, how long it take you to do all of those?

Thanks. :) And you mean how long did it take me to do the fakemon? Or the whole hack?

Also a few updated fakemon sprites :)

ZJnvxmt.png

7e0plKn.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Hey everyone! Yeah, I'm back again. For the past few months I've picked up this project again and I've been working hard on it to get to this point. Today is the release date of beta 1! The first post has also been updated with a bunch of new screenshots and progress.

Pokemon Cyan Beta 1

You can get the beta on the first post, or by clicking here. Below is an updated list of features and content, most of which is in the beta.

• Explore the tropical and exotic Celia archipelago
  • Decision-based storyline - as you play, you model the story around your choices
  • Brand new Fakemon - Several new fakemon can be found and captured in beta 1
  • Updated Graphics - experience Celia with new tiles and updated sprites
  • Custom Music - 3 new tracks in the beta composed by the amazing giradialkia
  • 4th and 5th Gen Pokemon - along with custom fakemon, numerous pokemon from newer generations
  • Sidequests
  • Physical/Special Split
  • Many new moves and abilities - new moves and abilities, thanks to 11bayerf1's base
  • Decapitalization
  • BW Repel System - the repel system has been updated with BW mechanics
  • Fairy type
  • Dive and Whirlpool HMs - Experience dive and whirlpool recreated in Celia
  • A full Pokedex - no more national dex at the beginning of the game, each and every pokemon in the cyan dex will (eventually) be catchable
  • Berry Trees - Berry trees scattered around Celia

Bugs/Oddities

• Rival's OW palette is incorrect in the intro
  • The hidden area in Cobalt Forest is currently disabled, due to a game breaking bug (will be re added whenever I figure out what's going wrong)
  • Some of the fakemon backsprites may look a bit odd, this will be fixed next beta
  • Possibly a few grammar/tile errors
  • no door animations yet
  • no cries have been edited

And of course, report any bugs you find!

The beta ends right after you defeat the GYM in Maroon City. If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions, be sure to post! I'd appreciate some reviews. I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Hahas, I'm already enjoying the game. I just walked out of the house and randomly clicked "Z" on the
Spoiler:
and I received a berry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back